Interesting dialogue at Kohls today...

Boy, those "ladies" would not like my DD room. It has a TinkerBell theme. Dark blue ceiling with sparkles, Pinkish purple walls, light green trim and TinkerBells on the walls.:woohoo:

I don't think the woman should have used that language in front of a child. I just finished my DD's (3) room and it is pepto pink. I love it and she loves it. She is only going to be little once and I got a tremendous amount of joy painting that room for her (DH helped but he doesn't really get the whole pink thing). If we sell our house, the new owners can repaint if they don't like pink. I've repainted/stripped wall paper in two homes. I'm not going to allow resale to keep my kids from having fun rooms.

Those women would hate my house!
DSC00322.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

:rotfl:

I LOVE this room! I love all the pictures of the rooms everyone has shown. I had wallpaper in my room growing up. It had bears on it and not that I didn't love it, but now my fave color is pink so these rooms are pretty awesome. Sorry you had that experience at kohls. Some people think everything is their business and they need to run everyones lives. I hope some day when I am ready to have children that I have a little girl so I can paint her room pink! I know I'm going to have a boy though because I want a girl so gosh darn bad. :)

That's crazy! I didn't read the other posts, but I hope you complain to the manager. People should not talk that way around little children...not to mention the horrible customer service.

But one room was dark "goldenrod yellow." BLECH! And the other room was white with a weird ABC wallpaper border. On one wall, every family member had left their hand print in RED paint! (And I'm talking grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins!) It was just WEIRD!

You know, this comment was pretty similar to the ones those ladies made about pink rooms. We had rooms that were yellow or red when I was a kid. It's no more "weird" or "BLECH" than pink- just a different set of aesthetic values.

When we added a dining room onto our house I told my wife anything but beige (too much house hunting & EVERYTHING is beige) and of course she knew I HATE orange. The dining room has purple carpet & purple walls. The extra "bed"room has purple carpet & blue walls. We like it that way. I intend to be carried out of this house feet first.

LOL My cousin painted her whole kitchen in her old apartment a lavender purple...trim and everything!

Well since they weren't actually talking to you, or discussing your decorating style, I don't really see why you are offended. The customer using bad language in front of a child could use some lessons in social skills, but other than that it was just two people having a conversation. I would have been cross that the cashier was carrying on a conversation with another customer instead of concentrating on me, but they are entitled to their opinions.

I was offended because my daughter was standing there, who is very much a princess fan and has every right to be and these two women were having a very loud and obvious conversation that princess "crap" was trashy and tacky. Luckily she was more interested in twirling than listening but she was obviously excited about her princess shoes and was wearing a princess shirt and I absolutely think it was inappropriate for those women to go on the way they were. You can have whatever opinion you want but it is RUDE to trash talk someone elses purchases and taste to complete strangers in a department store.

I was offended because my daughter was standing there, who is very much a princess fan and has every right to be and these two women were having a very loud and obvious conversation that princess "crap" was trashy and tacky. Luckily she was more interested in twirling than listening but she was obviously excited about her princess shoes and was wearing a princess shirt and I absolutely think it was inappropriate for those women to go on the way they were. You can have whatever opinion you want but it is RUDE to trash talk someone elses purchases and taste to complete strangers in a department store.

I totally agree with you. Maybe you can consider writing a letter to the manager? I think it's also in the store's best interest to know about something like this.

I like looking at all the rooms people have posted so far. I'd love to see more of everyones dd's rooms. :)

I totally understand how you would be offended, and the people had no right to use foul language in front of a child, or insult princesses in front of a little girl who loves princesses.

That being said, I can see how they feel the way they do. Personally, I don't like princesses either, and I am glad my dd is not into them. If she liked them, that would be fine, but I am glad she does not. She got a princess book for her birthday one year, and you don't really realize how much almost every princess story revolves around winning the heart of a man... that's not the message that I really want my dd to grow up thinking is the most important thing in life.

So although they should not have expressed it the way they did, I can understand where they are coming from. I was not even going to post on this thread until I saw this quote:

Every normal little girl loves princesses

When the opinion of most people echos that of the pper, if you are one of the few moms with daughters who does not like princesses it can get a little annoying that everyone assumes that all little girls love princesses, and they are not normal if they don't.

just my opinion!

PS and my daughter is clamoring for a pink room, so I am sure I will be doing that sometime this year. Does that make her more normal? (j/k)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter