Insurance

disneygirlkar

Earning My Ears
where look for trip insurance including medical for a Canadian. I dont know if i can still get cancellation insurance as I have put my deposit down on my cruise but have yet to book flights ect.

Thanks for your help

I use TravelGuard. Depending on your country of origin, you might have different applicable policies, but you can get coverage through them.

As long as you haven't paid in full yet, I believe you can get all sorts of coverage and riders that will cover you. (Good coverage doesn't need to be expensive.) Also, you can estimate the total cost per person (including airfare)

My #1 "must have" is a huge emergency evacuation rider. I saw someone (who had a burst appendix) get airlifted off the deck once. I imagine it ended up being *quite* expensive.

where look for trip insurance including medical for a Canadian. I dont know if i can still get cancellation insurance as I have put my deposit down on my cruise but have yet to book flights ect.

Thanks for your help

You can buy cancellation coverage up until the day before you depart, however, you won't be able to buy a policy with Cancel for Any Reason or Pre-existing coverage. Comparison sites like Squaremouth ask your residency on the quote for and only return policies that are available for you to purchase.

The following companies will offer cancellation coverage to residents of Canada: Travel Guard, iTravelInsured, CSA, USA Assist and Travel Insurance Services.

Thanks for your help

If you go with TravelInsured, if you opt for 'cancel for any reason', you have 21 days from the date of deposit to buy your insurance. Since my cruise isn't until Summer 2013, I think I'm going to get the 'cancel for any reason' rider (you get 75% back of the non-refundable amount) because you never know what can happen in the next 18 months that may make you not want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter