Insurance for renting DVC?

Lizziejane

<font color=darkorchid>Funny how everyone is diffe
Anyone know if it's possible to get insurance coverage when renting points under DVC?
Thanks.

you can get travel insurance for the standard stuff, but since you are renting points (or actualy paying someone for the stay) there is'nt much available to cover losses for the rental cost.

i'm a dvc member, and the only coverage i can get for my own rental point usage is through some company disney uses and the payback is way below what most people rent out for (even those of us that don't rent out usualy don't buy it-since depending on how close we are to the end of our use year (and may not end up losing the points) we can cancel very close to our travel dates and re-book).

I would suggest talking to a Canadian Travel Agent that uses RBC Insurance.

They may be able to insure the value of the points for you.

Also remember if you are Canadian one of the most important coverages to purchase is the out of country unlilmited medical coverage.

Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter