Insurance company rents disneyland/Carrie Underwood concert

To say I wish I never asked a simple question would be an understatement.

No I do not work for this insurance company, nor do I know someone who does. Cast member told us about the party while we are at Disney, and we just happened to see Carrie Underwood in the park.

Both me and my husband work for the semiconductor company so we have direct knowledge of this company. The direct knowledge for other companies and changes is just from family and friends over the past years and comments etc.

I realize there are still multiple companies that are doing employee incentives, hence the "bad feelings & jealousy" for employees of other companies who are not seeing those.

With that I am done. Pretty sure this board is not for me.

No I do not work for this insurance company, nor do I know someone who does. Cast member told us about the party while we are at Disney, and we just happened to see Carrie Underwood in the park.

Both me and my husband work for the semiconductor company so we have direct knowledge of this company. The direct knowledge for other companies and changes is just from family and friends over the past years and comments etc.

I realize there are still multiple companies that are doing employee incentives, hence the "bad feelings & jealousy" for employees of other companies who are not seeing those.

Speaking of bizarre reactions...

Not all insurance companies are in it for profit. Some health insurers are completely non-profit, although they still advertise and pay their employees well. .

Always irritates me when I go to a minor or major league game and see that a non-profit like Sutter Health has paid for the fireworks. I have no issue with them spending the money, but, how about, giving away health care instead of spending the money on fireworks? Instead of $10,000 on fireworks per game, how about $10,000 worth of free flu shots?

Always irritates me when I go to a minor or major league game and see that a non-profit like Sutter Health has paid for the fireworks. I have no issue with them spending the money, but, how about, giving away health care instead of spending the money on fireworks? Instead of $10,000 on fireworks per game, how about $10,000 worth of free flu shots?

They’re in competition though. Around here, Dignity, Sutter, Kaiser, UCSF and Stanford Medical all run advertising to try and attract patients.

They’re in competition though. Around here, Dignity, Sutter, Kaiser, UCSF and Stanford Medical all run advertising to try and attract patients.
Yup, we have Dignity, Sutter, Kaiser and UC Davis all competing for patients.
My mom worked for Sutter for 40 years. Felt they wasted a lot of money on duplicate equipment they didn't need, but the different groups didn't want to share something like an MRI machine, so all of them had one, when there was only need for one or two.

Not every company does things like this. Believe me, I know.

I see nothing wrong with treating good employees though. If some customers do then they can do their research and find a company more to their liking. It is a free country after all. (At least in theory.)

Please don't hold that person's post against us...we are actually a pretty nice group, for the most part!

I did read, and understand, your post. I agree with you that the two couples overeacted, and I can see where jealousy may have played a role.

This line of thinking is flawed. First, getting their name out there can help increase profits, which can lead to things like lower costs, better salaries and benefits for employees, higher levels of charitable giving, etc. Second, especially for local events, the companies that provide sponsorship are usually from the same area, and this is one way they give back to the community.

We went to Disneyland in September 16-21. While there Disneyland closed at 8pm one day and we found out it was because an Insurance company rented out the park for top earners and their families and Carrie Underwood was giving a private concert.

We saw her in the park during the day but did not take a picture, was just a wow moment.

We happened to relate this moment to a group of friends at a party when asked about our trip. 2 couples at the party who happened to be covered by the insurance company were not happy to here about this. Both couples actually dropped them for coverage because they were upset to know their premiums went towards anything like this. I understand their point, a trip to Disney costs alot and families scrimp and save to go.

So would you drop your insurance provider if they are sending top earners to Disney?
No b/c while I think it’s disgusting, I know it’s how the world operates & I’m not naive enough to believe that there is a company out there that doesn’t operate like this.

Yup, we have Dignity, Sutter, Kaiser and UC Davis all competing for patients.
My mom worked for Sutter for 40 years. Felt they wasted a lot of money on duplicate equipment they didn't need, but the different groups didn't want to share something like an MRI machine, so all of them had one, when there was only need for one or two.

We're ticked off around that they're talking about closing Alta Bates Hospital in Berkeley, which has the only full-service ER in the area. Apparently they don't meet seismic safety requirements for hospitals and Sutter may want to close it anyways as a cost-cutting measure if they roll all the services into Summit in Oakland. This might be the opposite of what you're talking about since they operated together but have many duplicated services. I've used that hospital for years. Been to the ER and my child was born there.

https://www.kqed.org/stateofhealth/177802/sutter-plans-closure-of-berkeleys-alta-bates-hospital-er

And there are smaller hospitals around here that do ads, including John Muir Health.

This line of thinking is flawed. First, getting their name out there can help increase profits, which can lead to things like lower costs, better salaries and benefits for employees, higher levels of charitable giving, etc. Second, especially for local events, the companies that provide sponsorship are usually from the same area, and this is one way they give back to the community.
Maybe. But I think a free flu shot clinic at a local mall would be a HUGE way to get their name out. And help people.

Actually, now I think about it, I have zero choice in which hospital/lab/x-ray clinic I go to. Not like the old days when a Doctor had "privileges" at more than one hospital. Now, your only option is the one hospital group your Doctor is affiliated with and THAT often is influences by the ONE hospital your insurance has a contract with.

Well, what else are they going to do with their money? It's not like that cover anybody's actual medical expenses.

No b/c while I think it’s disgusting, I know it’s how the world operates & I’m not naive enough to believe that there is a company out there that doesn’t operate like this.
Why do you think it is disgusting?

If it was a different industry would it be ok?

Why do you think it is disgusting?

If it was a different industry would it be ok?
It’s the “top earners” thing I have an issue with. Wealthy ppl who are most likely overpaid (IMO) getting even more perks while healthcare costs continue to skyrocket. I’m assuming it was health insurance.

This is what happens. It’s the mob mentality. One turns on you and they all turn on you.

It’s the “top earners” thing I have an issue with. Wealthy ppl who are most likely overpaid (IMO) getting even more perks while healthcare costs continue to skyrocket. I’m assuming it was health insurance.
Your definition of top earners is different than mine. If it was the shoe salesperson or jewelry person who was treated to an event by their company for being a top earner would you feel the same way?

It's entirely possible the OP is talking about health insurance but I've never had an option to just drop insurance and switch to another company. I guess it could be open enrollment where the OP's friends work.

Auto/home/business, etc insurance yeah I could see switching easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter