Insulated Bag -Baby bottles - Airplane carry-on

stephen11

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend an insulated bag for our one-year old granddaughter's organic milk?

Thank you,
Steve

You can't take liquids over a certain size on the plane. They won't let you take bottles full of milk on....but things could have changed since I flew a few months back :)
We are organic milk drinkers too but I'll make the exception on vacation if I can't find organic :)

Are you flying out of Newark? You will be able to take ONE milk bottle thru security. Not a cooler's worth. You could try, but I doubt in the NY/NJ area it would work. Costco sells organic individual milk that does not need to be refridgerated. I'd bring those. They will let you take it as long as it's sealed.

I'd also ship some of those milks to your resort so you have them on vacation.

Thanks so much... I was thinking of taking one or two 7 oz. bottles in an insulated bag, like a lunch bag. I have ordered organic milk to be delivered to our room at the BCV. Our flight is very early in the am and I'm not sure we will be able to get into the room until afternoon. Can anyone recommend an insulated bag (like a lunch bag) to store two 7 oz. bottles for travel?

I will be going to Costco tomorrow to check out the individual organic milk options.

Thanks again...
Steve

Steve, the milk is (the organic one that doesn't need to be cooled) called Horizon and comes like a juice box (with a straw). I buy ours at Whole Foods :)
Have fun!

Steve, the milk is (the organic one that doesn't need to be cooled) called Horizon and comes like a juice box (with a straw). I buy ours at Whole Foods :)
Have fun!

Yep, that's it. It's in the juice box aisle.

If you only want one or two for your trip, Starbuck sells them in the cooler section next to the sandwiches and juices. I'm a Starbucks addict, that's how I know this:rotfl2:

Don't know if "regular" grocery stores carry them???

Crisgw, Goofygal and Holly - thank you so much. We have a brand new Whole Foods very close by - I will check tomorrow for the Horizon product. This sounds like the ideal solution. I checked today at our Costco and could not find them, but maybe I wasn't looking in the correct place.

Also, thank you for the info on the insulated bags. I believe we will need a good insulated bag for our trip.

Steve

If you want to get the milk through security, put it in baby bottles and let the TSO's think that it is human milk. They are not allowed to force you to prove it or limit the quantity. You are also allowed to use gel packs to cool human milk. If the child really uses sippies to drink, just bring those empty.

Check your peds office for a cooler. Similac has recently been giving away something that they call a "breastfeeding support kit" that contains, among other things, a really nice little zipper cooler that includes cold packs and will hold two bottles of milk. My peds office always has a stack of them to give away. (They are plain black, meant to be carried to and from the workplace by moms who are pumping, which is what I do with mine.)

I got a nice rectangular shaped soft cooler bag at Target before my last trip (was about 6.99). I put the baby bottles, etc., in it. I was allowed through security with all my baby stuff and liquids (3 bottles of liquid, plus a bottle of apple juice, plus yougurt, apple sauce, and 3 jars of baby food). I expected them to ask me why so much, and have to prove I would be traveling for the next 24 hrs, but they never asked. The TSA rule is you can take liquids for infants/toddlers as needed for the reasonable length of your air travel. I've never had trouble in the US - only in Europe - where they do make you eat from every jar, and drink from every bottle, before they let you through security.

We get Silk Soy Milk from BJ's - it comes in cartons, and does not have to be refrigerated till opened. Maybe you can ship some via UPS overnite or something if your scared that you won't be able to find any. I know my girls wont drink regular milk at all since drinking soy their whole lives. The only other option I can think of is watered down juice the whole time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter