Inspired by the Disney Store Thread How do you feel about...

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
The Disney Store in Merrimack NH does not give bags you need to buy them. Now here is the rub, with covid stores do not want you to bring back bags and reuse so what excuse to they have for not having bags? Is this the same throughout the country? Sorry but I do not find it acceptable. Honestly, I can go to any other store in that mall and get a bag.

Reusable bags are once again accepted in Massachusetts (quiet change made the first or second Friday in July). Check to see if New Hampshire changed back. Worst case, get some of these. Keep a couple in (or hanging from) your bag, folded in the pouches. Don't buy their bags, pack your purchases outside the store.

Reusable bags are once again accepted in Massachusetts (quiet change made the first or second Friday in July). Check to see if New Hampshire changed back. Worst case, get some of these. Keep a couple in (or hanging from) your bag, folded in the pouches. Don't buy their bags, pack your purchases outside the store.
I agree but it is the principle that upsets me. They claimed they were trying to help the environment but in Florida they give bags at Disney Springs sooooo......charging for bags in NH helps the environment but giving bags in Florida does not hurt it. We are surrounded by hypocrisy unfortunately this board bans political topics so I need to vent about the hypocrisy in the world using the microcosm that is Disney. The most ironic part was that the bags they sell are not even brown paper they are those fake waffle type bags.

We were all reusable bags here (or pay for a bag). At first with covid stores were banning reusable bag use, but I noticed recently some stores are back to charging for bags if you don't bring your own. The grocery store put up a sign about not placing your reusable bag on the belt and you have to bag your own stuff if you bring a bag from home.

Around me (Rural Northern California) bags were not allowed during the beginning but starting sometime in June they started allowing them again BUT you have to bag your own groceries if you bring them in. This is fine because I prefer to use self check out anyway. The only time I won't/can't use self check out is if I have alcohol/beer but since I am currently "on the wagon" that isn't an issue.

I prefer my own bags because you can get so much more in them than the plastic bags the stores were using during the "new" bag ban.

Now to the original question if the store will NOT allow you to bring in your own bag then they should NOT be charging you for a bag to use theirs.

I was in the Merrimack store on Saturday. I was asked if I brought my own bag or if I wanted to purchase a Mickey bag. I had brought my own bag and used it. It was one of their blue cloth bags that they use to sell.

In CA, we pay $0.10 per bag in all grocery stores and big box stores (places that sell food). So I have been in the habit of bringing my own bags for years to stores. When Covid-19 hit, the charge stopped for single use plastic bags and some of my local stores got the much cheaper single use plastic bags from sister stores (ie Ralphs had Krogers bags). I knew as soon as I saw the nicer bags back that charging for them would start again and I was right. So back to bringing my own bags and now I am responsible for bagging them too.

I was in the Merrimack store on Saturday. I was asked if I brought my own bag or if I wanted to purchase a Mickey bag. I had brought my own bag and used it. It was one of their blue cloth bags that they use to sell.
That is good to know but there is still the question up for grabs how come it is okay to give bags at Disney Springs but not at the satellite stores? I am betting they have in the past used way more bags in their Florida stores than all the satellite stores combined. Again it is the principle.

I think, even though they're all owned by Disney, being different branches of one company (headed by different executive teams) may account for the different policies. Or that it's less reasonable to expect vacationers to haul around reusable bags.

Yes. In New Hampshire you can now use reusable bags. Started a couple weeks ago.

Kaytieeldr is right. The Disney Stores are a different branch of the company than the parks. They have always had different policies, management, benefits, etc. The Disney Stores went bagless a few years ago.

Now when I shop at Merrimack Disney store, I hit my other stores first if I forgot my bag and stuff my disney stuff in with my other purchases.
The green that they are interested in is not the environment..
THANK YOU! You get it! That was my point. Does anyone remember when you used to have a coin box on the stalls in the ladies room and you had to pay to go? I am expecting that next visit to WDW. I am sure they will come up with some kind of heart warming campaign or worse make you buy collectible Mickey or Minnie tokens to use in the the bathroom. And hey guess what kids, tokens will NOT be interchangeable. There will be a spring lock on the door so that you cannot hold it open for the next person (like we used to do in the pay bathrooms) and a camera will catch your likeness should you try to cheat Mickey out of his due, due (sorry that is a really, really bad pun in poor taste but you know how it is when you gotta pun you gotta pun).

Last edited:
Kaytieeldr is right. The Disney Stores are a different branch of the company than the parks. They have always had different policies, management, benefits, etc. The Disney Stores went bagless a few years ago.
Ok so does that mean that the Disney Store in Disney Springs is a part of the parks or part of the branch stores?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter