Inspired by MsDisney: What is YOUR Pet Peeve at USF?

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I thought it was time we all vented... :D

My PERSONAL VENT is on T2 and Hanna Barbera, after the doors open and the people who DON'T WALK ALL THE WAY THROUGH!
angryfire.gif
You end up tripping all over the people who insist on being in the middle of the audience for the better view... :confused: MOVE OVER!!

Wooo, I feel better!

Anyone else? :D

A pet peeve of mine is when a "party" tries to use universal express before their due time!!!!!!!!

Especially when their excuse is "No Habla English"

Patty

Sorry, one more peeve, When a family of 27 goes to the front of the line with one guest in a wheelchair...

Come on!!!!!

Patty

I'm glad I inspired someone for something! LOL

Well...my pet peeve is those people who stop and just stand there on the moving walkways...

(for those of you who missed that particular thread)

I have also developed a fear of the little man in the booth for Citywalk...but that's a totally separate issue...and I'll be seeking therapy for that now...:eek:

Karen

I just got back from IOA and my pet peeve is sweaty people rubbing their arms against yours while sitting on dueling dragons waiting for it to take off.

The absolute worse thing for me was riding single on Jurassic Park between two sweaty men in tank tops!!!! YUCK!!!!!! :p

Also the Asian man who cut in front of my 2 year old for the Barney show and then pretended not to understand English when I was *****ing him out!! :D

oh, lets see here...

The guy who on BTTF was behind us in the beginning walkway... and then friends call them.. mind you they are way up top, about 100-125 people away, and try the "I've got to get to my friends excuse".. WEll, you should have kept up with them.....

And then they do the "No English" excuse as well, after I hear them conversing in English to "friends"

people who use the friends up ahead excuse in the HULK line. If i can not see your friends or they are so close to boarding that you could not make it you are not passing me in line. i have gotten so i watch for these weasels and scope out the situation before they get to my position. if they look to be bogus i just grab a rail in each hand and at 6'4", 240 lbs, i present a pretty good representaion of a roadblock.

;)

:( :( :wave: :earseek:
Thanks Robinrs for letting us all vent as you put it. I wish the Parks had transportation from the garages to both Parks.Also they need transportation between the 2 Parks.I mean it is a major hassle from Jurassic Park to ET or Back to the Future.Florida is hot and has high humidty so hiking is not great.I live in the south and there are days you really need air conditioning to make it bearable. Not to mention they took off the Island Skipper Tours which I enjoyed .

Oh man....those people who get in line, they run ahead of anyone they can get in front of....and then, 4 or 5 people get to go ahead of US, in the line, because their party (of 1) is up ahead! I HATE that!!!! I know if my party isn't together, I let everyone go ahead of us until my party catches up...isn't that the way you're supposed to do it???

I once witnessed, at EPCOT, a group of Brazilians at Honey I Shrunk the Audience...no lie...the first person, in a group of 50 or so walked ahead of us, and the entire 50 people or so group followed, passing everyone in line, with one hand on eachother's shoulders...that was just SO wrong, on so many levels!!!

Wait for your entire party, THEN proceed, is the motto here, I think!!!

Karen

People who stop in the middle of the row!:mad:

My friend and I make sure we step on every one of their feet as we pass by.:smooth:

Along the sweaty people who stand too close line, my pet peeve is people who forgo the application of deodorant . Now, you are going to a theme park in Florida, in the middle of summer and you don't wear deodorant - that is just gross. Even if you don't wear deodorant wherever you come from let's put some on for the theme park vist - OK!!

Thanks for the venting opportunity!!

Nan

this really does nothing to me but it annoys me when EVERYONE on Dueling Dragons sway there feet while they sit and wait to go!

Pet Peeves? For sure!!!

Throwing garbage on the ground even though there are hundreds of the all over the place.

Standing in line for food and when it is finally your turn and they ask "can I help you?" the guy behind you TRIES to give his order.

You're walking somewhere and all of a sudden the people in front of you stop to read their map without pulling off to the side.

Jumping in front of my kids while they are waiting to see a character.

Parents yelling at their kids because their kids aren't having a good time.

Thank you, thank you very much.

If everyone would be just like me, the world would be a much better place. HaHa!!! Eric

The turnstile I pick ALWAYS ends up being the slowest!!!!

And the reason it is the slowest is because people don't have their tickets out or are arguing about handstamps with the attendant.

I think the handstamp rule is pretty visable when you exit the park. I am not saying I agree with the rule, I just wish people would pay attention to it!!!!

And one more thing... very annoying... the employees taking pictures of everyone entering the park. I'm here to have fun not be pressured into a sale. Haven't I spent enough money just to get thru the gates!?

I've seen employees take your photos at Disney-MGM, Busch Gardens, and Sea World. As I usually am at the parks solo, I usually run by them really fast or follow another group closely so I am not bothered. In the years I have gone to parks, I have only been captured once on film.

I have found since I go to the parks alone these days (ie...I'm not down here on vacation WITH people like I used to be), the photo people don't bother me...I mean really, I'd feel silly if they said, "ok...get together so I can take your picture" by myself...I don't think they'd ask you to, would they? When my boys and I go, I just smile and say, "we're here practically weekly...so we're all set thanks!"

They're definitely there to capture the tourists on their vacations...and I've never felt harassed by them...just a polite, no thanks usually suffices.

I discovered another pet peeve today at SeaWorld...it's people who just plain stop and look at their map in the middle of a moving crowd. I think someone mentioned it earlier..but it's a good way to get yourself hurt!

Also, I saw a man get in line for candy at a treat stop today, it was funny...he got down low, pretended to be small...no biggie...but then he took his candy, gave each of his kids some and actually said, "you have to be sneaky" - um...really now??? Nice lesson. Ok kids, I'm gonna learn ya how to be sneaks today, cuz we're extra special! LOL

Karen :)

One of my pet peeves is overhearing people in line spout off blatantly false information. Today, a guy in front of me was telling his family very matter-of-factly how dirty the Spider-Man glasses were. He was telling them how he doesn't like to wear them because they don't ever get cleaned and they're probably covered in germs or whatever. This got to me even more so because when he said this we were 5 feet away from the doors clearly marked "3-D GLASS CLEANING," which were opened several times while we were there by employees bringing in/taking out large containers of those glasses. Sheesh.

Another pet peeve: people who are ignorant about Express. Now, I can understand people getting confused when their barcoded AP isn't getting scanned by the magnetic reader, but when they refuse to understand what the screen is telling them it makes me question humanity. Today, I was waiting in line for a Spider-Man kiosk. A lady in front of me didn't quite seem to understand what "You already have a reservation for Hulk. You can get another reservation at 1:15" meant. She swiped her ticket AT LEAST five times, getting the same message each time. I don't know how they could have spelled it out for her any clearer. And yes, she did speak English.

People who are completely ignorant of the system as a whole also make my list. People made some pretty nasty comments when I entered the Express door on Dragons. I overheard people calling me an idiot because they thought I was entering through an exit only door. Sorry that I used the system that's available to everyone...

How can they miss all the signage throughout the resort about Express?? I really feel for the people who have to design systems like Express for the general public.

Oh, and I hate those Hulk seatbelt clackers too, but not nearly as much as Rock 'n' Rollercoaster's wonderful marble doors...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter