Inside staterooms on the Magic

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We have sailed on the Dream and Fantasy in verandah cabins. We are considering booking one of the European sailings on the Magic. We would have to downgrade to an inside cabin due to price. We feel ok with this giving the port intensive itinerary.

Is there that much of a difference between a Cat 11 and Cat 10? I know the split bathroom is one difference. We were leaning towards a Cat 10 since it seems like it is similar in size to the verandah cabins without the verandah. Is that a true assumption?

Does the deck matter? We haven't sailed the Classic ships at all so I can't picture the size difference. We usually pick deck 7 on the Dream/Fantasy.

One of the differences for me is bed placement. The headboard of the bed on the Cat 11 is on the wall opposite the door. On the Cat 10 it is on the same wall as the couch. I prefer deck 5, 6, 7.

We have sailed on the Dream and Fantasy in verandah cabins. We are considering booking one of the European sailings on the Magic. We would have to downgrade to an inside cabin due to price. We feel ok with this giving the port intensive itinerary.

Is there that much of a difference between a Cat 11 and Cat 10? I know the split bathroom is one difference. We were leaning towards a Cat 10 since it seems like it is similar in size to the verandah cabins without the verandah. Is that a true assumption?

Does the deck matter? We haven't sailed the Classic ships at all so I can't picture the size difference. We usually pick deck 7 on the Dream/Fantasy.
For how many people? We sailed in an 11A inside stateroom on our Magic cruise, deck 6, and it was just fine for the 2 of us. For 3 people, I'd want a deluxe inside stateroom (Cat 10) instead.

I'd recommend deck 6 or 7, not 5, as there are more potential noise-makers under parts of deck 5. Deck 7 has only staterooms above & below, so that's probably the best choice.

36FA9D88-A23A-4CBF-94D3-A2AFAC818126.jpeg 08A94EA7-C5E3-4B82-8E8F-9365B0C4F2A6.jpeg

We love deck 2 on the Magic, have stayed in a 10c three times now. I’d recommend it. My only other experience was an ocean view 9b but we went back to the inside. Size wise they were the same but the ocean view has the couch near the window

Thanks for the pictures! Did you have any issues with noise on deck 2?
We have stayed in 2139, 2141 & 2629 in a 10c, there was some noise when docking but nothing that inconvenienced is. We had no overhead noise in those cabins. We did stay in 2600 in a 9b and there was noticeable overhead noise. We like the aft cabins which have far less corridor traffic but are handy to the lifts/stairs.

We have stayed in the inside sideways rooms on the magic 3 times now. 6011 and 6015. They are situated differently and the door is in the middle. We have liked them and had balcony rooms twice prior to these cruises.

We stayed in 2083/2085 on the transatlantic on the Magic and it was blissfully quiet, and so very convenient. I think it's 10B? Anyway, we did a room tour and the sideways 11B rooms were really cool too. I like the inside rooms because the big bed is at the back and not in the front and in the way.

Thanks! It seems like we would be ok with these rooms. It seems that towards the aft is more quiet?

One adult and two kids we were fine in 7541 with no split bath. Great location. We never used the elevators because the stairs were very convenient, and it was quiet.

We have sailed inside (deck 9) and veranda (deck 7) on the Dream. My kids actually preferred the inside room because of the magic porthole. We are sailing inside next summer on the Magic, rooms 1051/1053, for the same reasons you said - the Med is so port-intensive, I don't feel the need to pay extra for a balcony. I am a tiny bit nervous about not having the magical porthole (not for my sake - I've sailed inside cabins on other lines, no problem - but for the kids' sake [ok, I don't want to hear them whine about it, haha]) but other than that I have no reservations about inside rooms. Regarding the split bath (or not), we always book 2 connecting rooms (my husband snores like a train and must be isolated, hahahaha!!) and we wanted to book the two "cheaper" layouts but we couldn't find two connecting rooms, so we ended up booking 2 that have the split bath. If it's just the two of you, I wouldn't hesitate to book the room without a split bath. With 3+ people, the split bath really seems to make a difference. Also regarding the lower decks, I researched decks 1 and 2 a lot and am fine with being down lower. There do seem to be a few rooms on both decks that have noise potential - read the stateroom reports - but overall the vibe is that those decks are pretty quiet. We stayed Deck 2 on Royal Caribbean a couple years ago and it was just fine.

We have sailed inside (deck 9) and veranda (deck 7) on the Dream. My kids actually preferred the inside room because of the magic porthole. We are sailing inside next summer on the Magic, rooms 1051/1053, for the same reasons you said - the Med is so port-intensive, I don't feel the need to pay extra for a balcony. I am a tiny bit nervous about not having the magical porthole (not for my sake - I've sailed inside cabins on other lines, no problem - but for the kids' sake [ok, I don't want to hear them whine about it, haha]) but other than that I have no reservations about inside rooms. Regarding the split bath (or not), we always book 2 connecting rooms (my husband snores like a train and must be isolated, hahahaha!!) and we wanted to book the two "cheaper" layouts but we couldn't find two connecting rooms, so we ended up booking 2 that have the split bath. If it's just the two of you, I wouldn't hesitate to book the room without a split bath. With 3+ people, the split bath really seems to make a difference. Also regarding the lower decks, I researched decks 1 and 2 a lot and am fine with being down lower. There do seem to be a few rooms on both decks that have noise potential - read the stateroom reports - but overall the vibe is that those decks are pretty quiet. We stayed Deck 2 on Royal Caribbean a couple years ago and it was just fine.

Just to note: the Magic Portholes are NOT on the Magic (which the OP asked about) or the Wonder. They are only on the Dream or Fantasy. In case others come to the thread and expect one on the Magic or Wonder.

We are just 2 adults. So maybe deck location matters more than it being Cat 10 or Cat 11?

The split bath is nice to have, but since it's just two adults traveling, one of you can choose to use the showers in the gym area if you like.

Just out of stateroom 6645. It was fantastic. One adult, one teen, one 11 year old. The teen was really only there to sleep and change so no issues with the single bathroom.

Just to note: the Magic Portholes are NOT on the Magic (which the OP asked about) or the Wonder. They are only on the Dream or Fantasy. In case others come to the thread and expect one on the Magic or Wonder.
Right. That’s why I’m nervous about not having one. Too bad DCL has not retrofitted Magic/Wonder with them.

Right. That’s why I’m nervous about not having one. Too bad DCL has not retrofitted Magic/Wonder with them.

That would pretty much mean completely gutting them and putting 100% new walls in. Don’t see that happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter