• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ink for embossing?

disneyfreakk

<font color=blue>I sing Spongebob to my dogs</font
Are the COLORBOX PETAL POINT OPTION PAD - PINWHEELS the best option for embossing? Or is there something else out there that gives a better result? I have some powders and a heat gun, but I would like another option than just using the clear ink/glue stuff!

TIA,
Kellie

I havent gotten into embossing as of yet but was curious on what exactly is needed. I know you need one of the heating guns. Is one better than the other? Do you use ink or powder or both? See I am clueless :confused3

You can use VersaMark, Top Boss embossing ink, or Stampin' Up Craft Inks to emboss. In the store, I think it's called pigment based ink... not dye-based, as that dries too quickly.

Honeybehr1 said:
I havent gotten into embossing as of yet but was curious on what exactly is needed. I know you need one of the heating guns. Is one better than the other? Do you use ink or powder or both? See I am clueless :confused3

I am just starting in this techniqe myself, but I can tell you what I know! :) Yes you need a heat gun, I bought the Pink Pig : " We've found the heat gun of your dreams! The Pink Pig heat gun is lightweight and safer than most heat guns because of its sturdy foot stand and heat sheild. Plus, it's quiet and quickly heats up to 600 degrees. " I really like it, but this is the only heat gun I have used, so I cant really compare. For the actualy embossing you take a stamp and use either clear embossing ink pad or pigment ink for color. These inks wont dry out quickly. After you stamp your design with your ink you sprinkle embossing powder over your image and then shake off the eccess embossing powder back into the container. Then you use the heat gun on your image. You dont have to heat it up for very long either! You know its done because it looks like glitter paint, but its dry. Clear as mud? lol

You might be able to get a better explaination if you post this question in a new thread ;)

disneyfreakk said:
For the actualy embossing you take a stamp and use either clear embossing ink pad or pigment ink for color. These inks wont dry out quickly. After you stamp your design with your ink you sprinkle embossing powder over your image and then shake off the eccess embossing powder back into the container. Then you use the heat gun on your image. You dont have to heat it up for very long either! You know its done because it looks like glitter paint, but its dry. Clear as mud? lol

You might be able to get a better explaination if you post this question in a new thread ;)

NO you totally explained it for me. Thanks bunch. Now I will have to hit AC Moore for some supplies. lol

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter