• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

information, please!

scanmom

DIS Veteran
Well, I have decided to try US/IOA on our trip this thanksgiving! We have only done Disney in the past and I don't know what to expect. Any info about rides, meals, shows or anything would be helpful. I have the ent. rate at HRH for 2 nites(the day before t-day and t-day nite). I figured the crowds would be bad at this time, so FOTL should help. I haven't got our tix yet...we will have 2 or 3 days there. Are there any specials on tix? Sorry i am rambling, but I am SOOOO excited, and I know very little about US/IOA! Please fill me in!!!! TIA!!!!;)

If you are a AAA member, they have a buy 2-days get the third day free on passes. The cost is $92.00. The rides are great! In USF I like MIB, Back to the Future, Terminator 3-D (a 3-D/live action show), Kongfrontation is cute, Earthquake, and ET. In IoA I like Hulk, Spiderman (the best), Dudley do right, Popeyes, Jurassic Park, Dueling Dragons, Poseidons Fury, and The Cat in the Hat. Front of the line is a wonderful perk. I'm sorry to say, but I have never had a good meal at the parks. I have only eaten at a couple of places, though. Mel's Drive In was terrible, there was an Italian place I can't remember the name of that was bad, and in IoA there was a pizza place in Jurrasic Park that was o.k. but very greasy. I have heard others talk about some places that were good, but I've never eaten at those. Hope this is helpful. Have a great time.

Oh man, you never had a decent meal at IOA? You have to hit the Enchanted Oak tavern, the food is good and reasonably priced! For about $8 you get a huge smoked turkey leg, corn on the cob, fried and a corn muffin. They have Rib combos as wells anbd they aren't too baddly priced. For under $20 two people can eat there and get stuffed in the process. Or if you want to go all out, hit Mythos (it serves gourmet style food). We ate there last year and it was fabulous. I can't wait to hit the place again! The other places in the park you mentioned are hit and miss, and I only would really consider for a more inexpensive lunch, to hold you over untill you go out for dinner later. The Ice Cream at the shop in Marvel Super Hero Island is pretty good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter