Info for October

sarah_397

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
We are planning our second trip to Disney arriving October 20th and just wondered if anyone knows what the weather is like and how busy the parks are at that time of year(we went June last time). Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Honestly, this is my personal favorite time to go.

The weather will just start cooling down for Florida. So, shorts are definitely in order during the day, but you might want a sweatshirt/sweater for the evenings. It's 50-50 at that time if you will need it, but always good to have the option.

As for crowds, traditionally, this has been known as an off time. But, with F&W at Epcot and just general crowds, there really aren't any major down times. If you are used to going over holidays or the summer, you will notice a marked improvement. Other times of the year, it will feel about the same.

Also check park schedules. Several parks have different hours during the week, so plan accordingly if you want to maximize park time.

We went in Oct last year and had a good time. The weather was great. It was some crowded due to the Food and Wine Festival but it was ok.
We are again going in Oct this year:thumbsup2 I took shorts and capris and was fine.

Thanks so much for the advice - It's good to know that there are some many people on here that can help.:)

I was there the of Oct. and love it. The weather was great and the crowds was reasonable for WDW. It rain once on use for about 15 min,other than that it was sunny and about 80 with low humidity.

The last two time I have gone it has been in Oct. I say it is the perfect time to go. The weather was perfect, tshirt and shorts, except early mornings and evenings we had sweatshirts. As for the crowds, perfect. We never stood in line real long, except for, I think it was the Pooh ride which was only like 1/2 hour/45 min. wait. I don't know how many times we were able to walk right onto a ride. There were also a few rides we were able to stay on and go several times in a row because there were no lines at all. I think Test Track we road like 5 times in a row because nobody was waiting in line. Definatly recomend going in Oct.

We love October, too. However, other than in October the only other time we have gone was at the end of February. It's definitely still warm enough for shorts, and most nights we were there did not need long sleeves. But we always go the second week in Oct (fall break for my girls), so it may be just a little cooler later in the month.

This will be our third Oct visit to the World. We have enjoyed each trip. Weather was fine and the crowds are doable. Of course we have never been whe it has been real crowded so we can't compare it to anything.

Hi everyone,
We are planning our second trip to Disney arriving October 20th and just wondered if anyone knows what the weather is like and how busy the parks are at that time of year(we went June last time). Thanks to anyone who can help :)

We went this past October and all I could say is that it was hot! We didn't have one drop of rain the whole trip and never even put on a sweatshirt or jacket. I guess that it's not the norm for October, but it just goes to show you that the weather is very unpredictable that time of year. As for crowds...it was way more crowded than I thought it was going to be. I believe that visitors from either Australia or Great Britain (can't remember which) have a holiday around this time. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter