Info different on Expedia than the hotel website?

mamapajama

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to book a room at the Microtel in Walterboro but their site says 3 kids are NG. Expedia says it's fine but with them I have to pay in advance so if something happens I have to get a refund. Through the hotel website, they don't charge me until 4 pm. What to do?

Book directly with the hotel after finding one that meets your requirements (children, etc.).

1. Horror stories abound with on line travel agents such as Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc. notably if you had to change something or even if the provider (such as an airline) changed something.

1a. Guests have been given a hard time when something happens such as not allowing the number of children supposedly allowed by the travel agent but not by the provider itself.

I agree with seashoreCM. Book directly through the hotel's website. The third party sites are notorious for creating issues with situations such as this.

You may have to do creative searching or call the hotel directly to find out their policies as many hotel rooms won't allow more than 4 people in them. Some do allow more than four but you have to pay extra for a roll away bed or a crib, etc.

I understand the challenge. I have four children and we didn't travel for many years because most hotels wanted us to book two rooms because anything over four people was over capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter