Inexpensive Hotel near Disney for large family

TinkPearl

Spring Break April 2019 Here We Come!
I am helping my friend plan her first Disney trip in May. They have 4 kids (one is an infant though) and then the 2 of them. They need a decent, clean hotel room close to Disney that is large enough but inexpensive. I always stay on-site so I have no idea of any to suggest. :confused3 I'd appreciate some suggestions :)

Any idea what their budget might be? Based upon their family size, they may find that renting a condo is as cost effective as renting multiple hotel rooms. It's very possible to get a multi bedroom private condo or timeshare for under $100 night.

There are loads of condos out there- try All Star Vacation Homes (there's usually a link over on allears.net).

But I wanted to suggest the Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. It's about 1.5 miles from Downtown Disney on Apopka-Vineland Road, and a quick hop to all the parks via Rt. 5. It's also close to many many chain restaurants, Walgreen's and the outlet mall

Last May we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which had one bedroom with a king sized bed and private bath, a living room with a pullout couch, and a second bedroom with two queen sized beds and its own bathroom. There was also a full kitchen with a huge refrigerator, microwave, oven/ stove and dishwasher. The cabinets had plates, bowls and silverware. We paid $99/ night and that included breakfast for everyone in the room. While nothing fancy, the resort was clean and it had a nice pool and hot tub.

Granted- the breakfast offerings got monotonous after a few days but so what? It was free and got everyone fed before we hit hit the parks.

If you want to stay on the property I would recommend family Suite at Disney All star Music resort. We had 5 people there last October with more than enough room and room to sleep more with what Disney included with the accommodation.

If you are looking for off property there are obviously a number of options. I would recommend for a Hotel the Holiday Inn Resort outside the main gate. the kid suites are great and have plenty of room.

Goofymac

I just went on my first trip with my son, I never could figure out what resort i wanted to stay at, so I finally dwcided to use my Holiday inn points and stayed at the Disney Holiday inn 1805 hotel plaza blvd, i paid nothing the whole week, I think the rate is around 110$ a nite, they have Disney buses that take you to any of the parks, AM and Pm, rooms were nice Fridge and micro, nice BF buffet in the AM, great pool. like I said I used priority club points for my week there, but on Trip Advisor it gets good reviews. I will stay on site because i will warn you, when the park closes its a real pain to ride the TTC ferry then walk to the shuttle lines, but free is free lol........ also the rooms are big, I had a King Suite which had a couch that folded out into a bed as well.....

I stayed in a three bedroom condo at Windsor Palms last year that would easily get fit 4 kids and 2 adults. The cost was $550 for 7 nights (no cleaning fee).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter