Industrial accident at Epcot?

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
anyone hear about some kind of industrial accident at Epcot. Maybe the new ride near France? News showing nothing so far. Worried and hope people are ok

WFLA had live coverage but the audio would not work for me. Very sad for all involved. :(

I think the sites that are calling it the Ratatouille construction site are going for the easy click. MyNews13 lists the address as 1790 Avenue of the Stars, which is the Morocco pavilion.

The helicopter stream also showed the yellow tape near the Morocco pavilion, quite some distance from the Ratatouille site

Are they staging anything back there related to the Ratatouille construction? Just wondering if it could be construction related even if not at the precise location.

Regardless, it’s unfortunate and my thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

Are they staging anything back there related to the Ratatouille construction? Just wondering if it could be construction related even if not at the precise location.

Regardless, it’s unfortunate and my thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.
Lots things are staged throughout the back of world showcase. It could have been anything.

Ugh. I saw on an article that he fell into a vat at the energy facility while emptying oil/grease. So sad :(
Edit: this was an old accident. My mistake. Sorry. Still very sad but yesterday was a different accident.

Last edited:
That’s how many in the past year? Even one is too many. I hope They are looking closely at this because it’s unacceptable that people are dying on the job.

That’s how many in the past year? Even one is too many. I hope They are looking closely at this because it’s unacceptable that people are dying on the job.
These are accidents and we do not know the full details of each incident. I don’t want to speculate but in any case it’s possible it was the employees fault not necessarily Disney’s. Again we don’t know the full details. It’s tragic at the very least.

These are accidents and we do not know the full details of each incident. I don’t want to speculate but in any case it’s possible it was the employees fault not necessarily Disney’s. Again we don’t know the full details. It’s tragic at the very least.

I’m going to have to disagree that it isn’t Disney’s fault even if there were employee mistakes. I work in an organization that is in a dangerous industry and after a fatality several years ago the company spent a lot of time and money looking at the systemic causes of accidents. I guarantee that Disney needs to be looking at that. Employees do make mistakes but those mistakes aren’t made in a vacuum. There are factors that go in to those mistakes being made.

I’m going to have to disagree that it isn’t Disney’s fault even if there were employee mistakes. I work in an organization that is in a dangerous industry and after a fatality several years ago the company spent a lot of time and money looking at the systemic causes of accidents. I guarantee that Disney needs to be looking at that. Employees do make mistakes but those mistakes aren’t made in a vacuum. There are factors that go in to those mistakes being made.
Again we don’t know all the details. Walt Disney World is as large or bigger than some cities. It’s the countries largest single site employer. It’s unfortunate but things happen. I’m sure Disney will look into what happened. I’m not entirely concerned about worker safety because these incidents over the past decade or so haven’t all happened in the same area.

And it is possible it was an outside contractor and not related to Disney. We just don’t know anything
That is also possible. We just don’t know details so I don’t want to begin to speculate what happened or who’s at fault.

Don’t blame people or Disney until you have details. This person was not a Disney employee. You were way too much in a rush to jump to conclusions. It is the contractor who must look at what occurred.
And it is possible it was an outside contractor and not related to Disney. We just don’t know anything
The reports from Disney and local media this morning are that the individual worked for Sunbelt Rentals and was not their employee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!