Indiana Jones Party Ideas

Mickster

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the Families board, but I think you guys will have some more great ideas! Help me, please! :)

My DS6 wants to have an Indiana Jones party for when he turns 7. All of the ideas I have are WAY too complicated for a kids party. Most of the stuff I've found the kids won't even understand (30s/40s era clothes..). Any thoughts?

So far we've come up with snakes, coins, golden goblets, hats and possibly an obstacle course in the backyard.

I posted this on the Families board, but I think you guys will have some more great ideas! Help me, please! :)

My DS6 wants to have an Indiana Jones party for when he turns 7. All of the ideas I have are WAY too complicated for a kids party. Most of the stuff I've found the kids won't even understand (30s/40s era clothes..). Any thoughts?

So far we've come up with snakes, coins, golden goblets, hats and possibly an obstacle course in the backyard.

Sounds good so far. How about a treasure hunt for the golden goblets? with either maps or clues.
Let me get the ones we did for DH's birthday a few years ago. Harry Potter style.

Found it. I bought paper at Staples that looks like a scroll and then after I typed them I folded them in 3rds and sealed them with a wax seal. I can take pictures later tonight if you want.
The first one was tied to his bed:
7 years ago today they said,
"Congratulations to you and "DH" "
you have a bouncing baby boy.
We were so excited and jumping for joy.
Come to our room and see us now
to get your gifts we"ll tell you how.
We hope you like this and have some fun,
We love you lots
HAPPY BIRTYHDAY SON

Page two we handed to him when he came to our room:
You'll first gift
is hidden very well.
You'll find me
in the same place as pistachio shells... the pantry

page 3 with the 1st gift"
...now hurry hurry
back upstairs.
I'm waiting where you
brush your hair... bathroom

Page 4 in the bathroom:
..go down the stairs
then down once more
now look inside the dryer door... the basement

page 5 in the dryer:
...at Hogwarts
3 friends
are watching for you
Watch scene 28
to find your next clue...it was the scene with the keys (don't want to give away to much for those who haven't seen the movie

Page 6 given after the scene:
.. don't worry about Fluffy
just find the trap door
your next clue awaits
down just one more floor... basement again with lots of keys hanging

Page 7 with the keys:
.. I am where Mommy
and Daddys
clothes should be
choose the right key
and you'll find me.... our closet, our house uses skeleton keys to lock the inside doors

page 8 in the closet:
...now go back to bed
and look around,
in your room the next clue
will be found...don't remember where LOL

page 9:
Look in your bag
that you carry to school
and you'll find something
very cool.... front hall closet

page 10:
..now put on your shoes
to go outdoors,
and follow the ribbon
to find one more.
We really hope
you like this one
Daddy said they're
really fun.
Happy Birthday
Our fabulous son. outside was a green machine bike

Page 11:
...your adventure is over
but it doesn't end here.
Your whole family's coming
to join in your cheer.
One more gift to
add to the bunch,
We'll be sure you get it
soon after lunch...

Last page:
....we hope you enjoyed
your birthday today.
We wanted it to be special in every way...
But Daddy and I
got the best gift of all
his name is
_____
who was sent from Heaven for
me
and
DH you get the jist of it ;)

July 2003

Buffy! That is awesome! Did he love it? How fun is that. I'll have to get thinking about all of it now! Good thing DS's party isn't until May! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much!

Any other ideas???

That's really cool, Buffy!! :)

I like the obstacle course idea. You could time them with a stopwatch to see who could "outrun the boulder"--like in the movie?

This birthday party sounds great! Can we come?!?! ;)

You could have the boys dress up like the Knights Templar.

The girls could be military, or peasant, or BellyDancer; the Anderson Sisters might be a little too much for them to understand.

I suggest staying away from whips. :rotfl:

You don't think that 7 yos with whips is wise? Why not?:lmao:

Snakes! Find a treasure in a bucket of snakes? I don't know if we'll do costumes. Maybe I could find something though... DS really, really wants everyone to get a fedora (good thing I planted that money tree).

You don't think that 7 yos with whips is wise? Why not?:lmao:

Snakes! Find a treasure in a bucket of snakes? I don't know if we'll do costumes. Maybe I could find something though... DS really, really wants everyone to get a fedora (good thing I planted that money tree).

Hey! Hey!! If you have any extra seeds for that money tree can you send them over?? Our tree is bare in the backyard! :rotfl:
I think this is a great birthday theme!!!
We did a "Survivor" Party one year.. oh my gosh! That was so fun!!!

I don't know how much you plan on feeding them but if you need a meal:

spagetti noodles: snakes
meatballs: boulders
sauce: lava from the temple

a chocolate ice cream can also make good boulders to roll- If you want to get it ready ahead of time place holders in a muffin tin and put one rounded scoop into each- then put your tin in the freezer- just pull it out and put one muffin cup on each plate- it is an easy way to dish out ice cream at parties.

If you want more great names for food let me know what you decide to serve.

An obstacle course would be great- you should have a pit (2 ropes that they have to jump), a bridge (wooden boards that aren't too high), and something to wade through(like a baby pool filled with something (balls, stuffed animals). The boys who haven't seen the movie won't get it but those who have and your son will.

Also you could have a motorcycle chase (a bike relay race)

Rebecca

Our dollar tree has the big rubber snakes and lots of different types of guns.
Also you should get a big punching balloon from walmart, I think they are 2 for .88 and blow them up as big as you can and then paper mache them, spray paint them grey and you have big boulders to roll around in the back yard. A tree to hang a rope swing on maybe jump over fake water. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter