Indian food?

Kariyaffa

Mouseketeer
One of the things I’ve always enjoyed on other lines is their Indian food. Does Disney have Indian food available anywhere onboard?

Indian food is not on any of the menus. However, on our EBPC our table mates mentioned to our server how much they liked Indian food. From that night on he brought us Indian dishes from the crew mess. You could probably ask your server.

The Wonder and Magic do have a Thai red pumpkin and coconut curry on the Captains Gala menu in Tritons and Lumiere's MDRs. Not necessarily Indian food, but it was a tasty curry when I got it in 2016.

I've seen a couple of Indian dishes at Cabanas's lunch buffet in the past. Currently, Cabanas's offerings are reported to be greatly reduced, so I wouldn't expect to see them there right now. It is to be hoped that DCL will increase Cabanas's offerings back to normal after a while.

Indian food is not on any of the menus. However, on our EBPC our table mates mentioned to our server how much they liked Indian food. From that night on he brought us Indian dishes from the crew mess. You could probably ask your server.
This is what happened when I mentioned I loved Indian food and curry. the head server brought out different curry nightly and jasmine rice.

This is what happened when I mentioned I loved Indian food and curry. the head server brought out different curry nightly and jasmine rice.

Same here for one of our friends. It sounded like the chefs really enjoyed making those dishes too. It can't hurt to ask.

I wonder if the Indian dishes brought out are/were meant for the staff. Indian food is easy to make in large amounts, which you need on a ship. Aren;t many of DCL's crew from (South) Asia?

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of Indian dishes at Cabanas's lunch buffet in the past. Currently, Cabanas's offerings are reported to be greatly reduced, so I wouldn't expect to see them there right now. It is to be hoped that DCL will increase Cabanas's offerings back to normal after a while.
I have seen them also and they were delicious! I only tried because it was something different and
glad I did.

I wonder if the Indian dishes brought out are/were meant for the staff. Indian food is easy to make in large amounts, which you need on a ship. Aren;t many from DCL's crew from (South) Asia?
Yes they are. That’s why they are available every evening while never being on the menu.

My daughter doesn’t care for the kids menu food (I don’t blamed her,) and she really enjoys the curry. In general, you need to order it the night before though so keep that in mind.

DCL offers a Samosa as an appetizer. I believe that's the only Indian item on the menus. A few years ago we had a server from India and I mentioned that I loved Indian food. About five minutes later, out came a big plate of biryani next to my other dish. I did not need all that rice, but I still appreciated it.

As someone else mentioned, the Indian dishes tend to be made for the crew but they'll gladly bring you some if you ask! Would love to get some Tikka Masala.

We've also had great luck with this. We've mentioned to our servers over the years that we love Indian food and they've brought us an amazing array of dishes. We had one server who owned a restaurant in India who got permission to cook a couple of dishes for us! They were absolutely stunning.

Bottom line - just ask!

Yep, and just to confirm they’re still offering this during the pandemic - just ask the night before (had a nice curry on the Magic yesterday evening).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter