Indian Creek vs. Celebration or somewhere else?

kwhdman

Earning My Ears
We are starting to plan our trip for early May. We stayed at the Blue Heron a couple of years ago - it was fine. This year, I'm looking at other rentals in addition to Blue Heron. I can find some homes with rental rates not much higher than the Blue Heron - and we can have our own pool at the homes.

We don't care about a "resort" feel. We just like to be close to the parks (but away from all the congestion), have a kitchen, washer/dryer, room for the DS7 and DD9 to play, and a private pool would be a plus.

I've found some homes in Indian Creek and Celebration that might fit the bill. Any feelings for one area over the other? Any other neighborhoods I should be looking at?

And do you think I would need a pool heater for late April/early may?

I'm also kinda surprised that so many of the rentals are already booked into May. I don't remember it being that way a couple of years ago. Is attendance up again? Is it going to be more crowded than I think it will be? :confused3

TIA!

Two things as far as Celebration goes:

Lots of people/places call themselves Celebration when they're actually not. So carefully map these homes to make sure you know where they are.

And if it actually is a rental in Celebration, I'd offer you this caution - short term rentals are against the HOA covenants and although they most certainly happen, you could have a problem.

If your owner gets found out, let's say a week or two or three before your visit, you could find yourself suddenly canceled out.

Edit to add: I'd be pretty leery of renting from someone who claims a home is in Celebration and it's not. That seems to me to be trouble waiting to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter