Incredibles 2

Wow! Estimates are being revised upward to an almost $175M opening weekend! That's insane. That's Iron Man 3 territory. Were' looking at a $69M Friday right now, which is great for any movie but amazing for an animated one.

Incredibles Forever!

Wow! Estimates are being revised upward to an almost $175M opening weekend! That's insane. That's Iron Man 3 territory. Were' looking at a $69M Friday right now, which is great for any movie but amazing for an animated one.

Incredibles Forever!

Pretty sure Incredibles 3 was just green lit.

At least Brad Bird pushed off so long on this one because he didn't want to do it without a great idea.

2 hours? Ugh. Too long. I miss the days of the 80-90 minute animated movie.

Did it feel too long, like it had a lot of filler in it?
The first movie wasn't much shorter than that. It clocks in at 1 hr 56 min.

I haven't seen anyone complain about the length.

I actually really like that idea.

OK, I just wrote the movie for Pixar in my head. I wouldn't want the family aspect to go away with the prequel idea, so the movie will be half based in the past and half in the future. Since the Underminer got away, it could be about a final confrontation with him. As they're working as a family to find and defeat him the parents flash back and tell the kids about their first encounter with Underminer, which was also the time that Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible met and fell in love. Somehow, the parents first encounter with Underminer gives the kids clues as to how to defeat Underminer in present day.

There was a few times where I was like...this seems long. But that might not be fair. We saw it at 6:30 and my usual bedtime is 8 pm since I have to get up very early. So that could have just been me getting worried about my bedtime.

The one thing I kind of liked but didn't at the same time was the villain reveal
I like the play on names but it made the ultimate reveal for the villain kind of obvious. Having her name be Evelyn Deavor (evil endeavor) just made it a bit too obvious that she would end up being the main villain but I feel like that was supposed to be a surprise at the same time.

It didn't feel that long. I didn't feel the need to look at my watch during the movie or think there was anything unnecessary.

OK, I just wrote the movie for Pixar in my head. I wouldn't want the family aspect to go away with the prequel idea, so the movie will be half based in the past and half in the future. Since the Underminer got away, it could be about a final confrontation with him. As they're working as a family to find and defeat him the parents flash back and tell the kids about their first encounter with Underminer, which was also the time that Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible met and fell in love. Somehow, the parents first encounter with Underminer gives the kids clues as to how to defeat Underminer in present day.

This would be a great movie.

The one thing I kind of liked but didn't at the same time was the villain reveal
I like the play on names but it made the ultimate reveal for the villain kind of obvious. Having her name be Evelyn Deavor (evil endeavor) just made it a bit too obvious that she would end up being the main villain but I feel like that was supposed to be a surprise at the same time.

I didn't figure it out but I can't do that type of stuff without seeing it and even then...

I enjoyed the movie and they made the sequel work so it didn't leave me saying why was that made. It also didn't make me wish for another, but neither did the first one.

One odd thing, there was a couple of guys that were there when I got during the previews and they left after the short. It was the 8:30am showing, so the cheapest. Figured they really like Disney shorts or knew someone that worked on it and wanted to see it. Never seen anyone only watch the short and then leave. Cute short though with lots of emotions.

Just watched Incredibles 2 and found a hidden mickey in a scene. Elastigirl is going after Screenslaver, she looks at a grandfather clock and the area behind the pendulum is a hidden mickey. Anybody spot anything else?

Check out Screenslaver's swirling patterns. There are supposed to be some in there.

Just watched Incredibles 2 and found a hidden mickey in a scene. Elastigirl is going after Screenslaver, she looks at a grandfather clock and the area behind the pendulum is a hidden mickey. Anybody spot anything else?

I saw a couple a113s.

I think the first was in the parking lot scene in the beginning on a license plate.

I never realized how beloved the incredibles was. Usually people talking about toy story or Nemo or up when they talk about the best and the movies with the most nostalgia and sentimentality. The incredibles was the film that got me back into Disney and Pixar. So it has a special place in my heart. So it’s nice to see I am not alone.

Does anyone have any reactions from their kids about the short who'd like to share? What'd they think?

I'm so with you on bao. My mouth actually fell open at that

I was so shocked when she ate him! Probably most shocking thing I've seen in a film in a while. Ok, maybe I get the message about letting go of your kids... But I sincerely doubt kids will pick up on that. So to kids it looks like she ate the dumpling and it never showed back up again. Not appropriate for a kid's movie.

My seven year old cried
when she ate him. We had to quietly explain why it was okay to him to get him to stop. My three year old just finished a "everything goes in my mouth" stage (late bloomer on that) and he commented "She should not have eaten those glasses."

We loved the short since we just went to China in April and learned how to make dumplings! It was fun to be able to relate to that part.

While it *was* a shock to see her eat the dumpling, I had pretty much figured out it was a dream. I find that the shorts are usually more adult-focused, like Inner Workings.

LOVED Incredibles 2! I can’t say I liked it more than the first, but definitely as much as the first, and I would certainly see it again.

Also liked Bao, especially the ending when the fiancé makes perfect dumplings.

We really enjoyed Incredibles 2. I don't mind the sequels. You get attached to the characters. I'm really looking forward to the next Toy Story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter