In Search of my Body...Not The One I Ate.. #4 "Inspiring Others... 1 Tiara at a Time"

:grouphug: Hang in there honey.

Thank you, Nancy.

Running almost always does the trick for me. Sometimes my life gets to be a jumbled mess....and when I run, I think. I work thru all the crap. There are times when the emotional stress and physical effort get to be too much...and I end up crying when I run. But then - it's like I reach a point of clarity - where what is important comes into focus and I am able to release all that other sh*t that is bringing me down.

I think that we try so hard to be so strong and steady...so unflappable that we forget that it's ok to also have needs of our own. Not stupid, selfish needs...but there is only so much of a burden that each of us can carry before we simply collapse under the pressure.

Please remember...we are friends here. We are more than happy help you with your load.:grouphug:

(omg. So sorry if I sound like a Lifetime movie...:scared: )

This was just perfect. I want to give you a big hug for writing this. xoxo

Liz -:hug: What an absolutely awful feeling. I'm so sorry. I know you already know this, I know, but he's taking it in anyway - you are easing it.

You can do it Nancy...just hit the quote button from the other thread and then come here and hit post reply...and viola! The post from the other thread in this one. Magic.

Thanks Erika. Nancy - you are not alone I had no idea. :lmao: ;)

Here. Just checking in. xxoo

So miss you.

It is ALL magic to me :rolleyes1 anyway...just posted on the last chapter...

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

I am posting from a bar in asheville

Cheers amy

I just loved this for some reason.

oooh... new chapter, new posts...

OK - just checking in and will post the answers to this chapters questions tomorrow...

Have a great night all...
Paula

Paula - I'm finding myself daydreaming about your biking. Just out of the blue. It's very exciting.

with all the diabetes in the family she needed to watch her sugar intake.

This is all because some doughnuthead decided to give two very different diseases the same name. It drives me crazy.

will exercise more (not hard as my exercise at the minute is zero)

This just made me smile. :laughing: Geez think of what that could do eh Kelly?

I did 30 day shred for the first time on Friday, holy god, my legs/abs/arms are still screaming. Hoping to do again today, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.

Yeah Stacey!:thumbsup2

For any lurkers or newbies out there ~ this is one of the most caring and easiest to get along with groups on any forums sight I have been on (IMHO). It's a great place to share your pain and joy. Trust me ~ I have shared more about my past on this board than I would have ever dreamed of sharing with cyber-friends. And guess what, I didn't even bat an eyelash. That's how comfortable this group is. Post along with us, what's stopping you??

Take care everybody!

So true Amiee. So true.

Morning...I'm here. Going for a run and hoping that will bring some fire back into me. I feel like I am walking through hip-deep mud.

:hug: Erika.

Morning everyone...

I am really feeling the dedication to this life to get better...I feel an energy here that is palpable and it is exciting...

It is palpable eh Dawn. It really is.

Hey cutie do you like my ehs? :rotfl: :lmao:

Thinking about you Kat. Hope the travels are good.

My parents are off today. The wind is extreme in Buffalo. I'm laughing at the football game on the TV. The kicker just had a doozy because of the wind. Hope things are better as they pass Pittsburgh Kat.

I talked to them last night and got off the phone and bawled. I don't know why. :confused3 I'm so overly emotional these days. My mom phoned back in to tell me that she had left Jean's birthday present in her closet (February while they are away). Quite possibly, well not possibly, I was touched that all she had to do and she was thinking of Jean's birthday. The wonderment of that thoughtfulness and of the progression. How it just jumps. I'm rambling. I'm just so emotional.

My renters are checking in today and I started dreaming of check ins:rotfl: :lmao: and woke up suddenly at 7:30. Hope they get a great room. I'm a tad sad. But thankful I had options for sure. I'm sure the kids are psyched. Well, hope everyone is.

Okay, I could write all day. :laughing:

:lovestruc

#1 Name/Family

Lisa (41) I actually had to think about that - is that a sign of the age? :rotfl: . Immediate - just me - hope to change that one day. But God knows what's best for me. So I'll leave that.

#2 What you are the Most Proud of for the Year 2008 in terms of weight loss/excersize/healthy choices

Hand's down. Easy. Not my weight loss. Coming on this thread. First - I was scared sh!tless to do so. I'm always so proud of facing fears. Second - I came on at a great time. I felt my weight loss was changing directions. And so proud to face the fears of that realization. You really can change things around. Sometimes in an instant and that's lovely. :lovestruc

#3 What your goals are for 2009 in terms of healthy living

Just to be conscious with my eating and continue my exercise as is. EDIT: I forgot. I would like to be at goal this year. Hmmm. I will be at goal this year.

#4 What is needed from us to help you achieve those goals

Nothing. Just being you.

#5 A famous person you would love to have the body of...because each of us has a different body style and the realities that go along with it...

I won't answer this one. I've spent years wishing I wasn't a certain body type. I won't say anyone but me now. It's me.

#6 A good food choice that you turn to to help ward off the munchies...

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: I want to say I embrace the munchies. I don't what to say. Maybe I shouldn't be answering these questions today. I feel so argumentative. :lmao:

#7 Why are you here/joining us...what do you hope to gain...or what have you gained....(not weight if that's the case! :lmao: )

Just feel very very lucky.

Hey team…

Lots to say. I am back to feeling human, so that is a good thing.

I started the day with church which was good for all of the obvious reasons. But it was my dad’s last day preaching as he accepted a new call to a church about 20 minutes south of here. So a bittersweet day. He did what he needed to at this church and is moving on…it is right for him to do so…but the congregation adores him and he will miss them as well. But see, I knew what his sermon was going to be today (he often runs his ideas by me and/or my mom), so I was expecting this message that I had talked with him about last week. And he changed the entire sermon. For me (not that the rest of the congregation knew that). It was pretty powerful.

NANCY—I can’t believe you wrote that! That is literally what just happened to me. I was running…the first mile was painful and sluggish, but I knew I would hit my stride eventually, so I was able to push through. I should also note that I loaded my iPod shuffle with metal. Yes, metal (which is not my choice as a general rule)…but I wanted loud and booming and angry, etc. so it fit the bill perfectly. Anyway, I was running and processing all of this and doing my anger with God, etc. and I just lost it. All-out bawling while running. And then, it was over. I left it all on the pavement. Came home and cleaned my house (well, half of it anyway…there is always just SO much stuff to find new places for). But anyway, thanks so much for that post.

LIZ—I am sorry. Sorry for you, sorry for M, sorry for K. All of it. I hope that he can find some peace in some way…whether through talking with you or someone else. But you have tried and he knows that you are there for him. The rest you need to let go. Easier said than done, I know.

DAWN—sounds like you are gearing up to re-commit yourself in 2009.

AIMEE/AMY—hope your ailments and injuries are in the past.

STEPH—hope Sam is recovering nicely.

KAT—back on the last thread you had me in stitches with the mental picture of you rocking in a corner if you had no internet. Ha! Hope you are having a good time with your folks. I am sure you fly back today, so travel safely.

LISA—funny Christmas story, though I am sorry it through a wrench into your holiday. You sound like you are doing well…emotional, sure, but YOU. And good.

but I wanted loud and booming and angry, etc. so it fit the bill perfectly. Anyway, I was running and processing all of this and doing my anger with God, etc. and I just lost it. All-out bawling while running. And then, it was over. I left it all on the pavement. Came home and cleaned my house

:surfweb: :hug: Erika. Made me tearful and smiling all within seconds.

That's lovely with your father's sermon. :hug:

Hi All,

I have had a very unproductive day at home, but my back is hurting less. Now I only have a pain in my rump! :lmao: Seriously! It's horrible. Oh well. At least I am getting some planning done.

I mustered up some real restraint tonight ~ passes up some homeade mashed potatoes and gravy. My mother still doesn't get that it hurts my insulin and I desperately do not want to be on meds after the first of the year. I think that might be the hardest part of weight loss ~ watching others munch away in front of me, while I have good for me food. At least I didn't have to stand over a stove, lol.

One good thing though ~ my brought me lots of SF chocolate syrup of the Hershey's variety (instead of my usual great value variety, lol). At least I can have a fake chocolate fix.

Off to a bubble bath to sooth my aching rear.

Later,
Amiee

Hey...

Who is up for a New Year's Challenge?? I know that I could use one. Think about your short term goals and I can put something together.

Hey...

Who is up for a New Year's Challenge?? I know that I could use one. Think about your short term goals and I can put something together.

Count me in...

now I just need to think of my goal....

Paula

Count me in for a challenge too! I have some pretty big goals for 2009 and this would be a good start!!

Little to no exercise in the last week due to my cold and some crappy weather. Good news is I have pretty much maintained my weight at least according to the scale here. Little worried about how my running will go with this cough that's hanging on. Oh and the fact that the Donald is in 13 days!!!!!!

Hugs and prayers for all!!!!

I don't think the marriage is over or there's infidelity or anything like that. I just know he's so upset he can't talk. So there he sits, alone, sad, at Christmastime. And here I am, having been able to do nothing to make it even a bit better.

it just makes me want to cry.
OOO Liz I wish I could give you a big :hug: . Nothing like feeling like you can't do anything to help those you love! I am sure in a few days as he works through it he will come to you for your advise.

Morning...I'm here. Going for a run and hoping that will bring some fire back into me. I feel like I am walking through hip-deep mud.
Oh Erika my heart goes out to you! I am glad to hear that your run went well and that your dads sermon touched you!

T
My parents are off today. The wind is extreme in Buffalo. I'm laughing at the football game on the TV. The kicker just had a doozy because of the wind.
That game was good! To bad the pats won though! Yes, I am from Massachusetts (originally)and I DON"T like the pats! The wind was something fierce here too, Not as bad as Christmas Eve but the car was all over the road!

So, I went to watch the Dolphins Win the AFC East Championship and THEY DID IT! SO we celebrated with a shot of patron tequila and a shot of Godiva white chocolate liqueur and two glasses of $200 champagne and some red wine! Our host soon crashed after that! I managed to call my brother and RUB it in his FACE that his precious Patriots were going home! ( yes I am also drunk:scared1: The horror!!:rotfl2: ) Ok so I finally downloaded twilight so I am going to WATCH IT! in PEACE AND QUiet! Kids in bed sam has a pain pill! Husband is snoozing all is well in the ERO house hold! :goodvibes
have a great night!

OK - so my parents gave me a wireless router for Christmas so I am now sitting on my couch and typing this on my laptop instead of on the hardwired PC.... yeah... no more sharing the lone internet connection....

So muc to say since I haven't really be online most of the weekend...

Liz - oh honey, I am sending you hugs... Watching someone you love in pain is probably one of the hardest things in life. It is painful, emotionally draining and completely out of your control. Give him time, he will open up to you again. In the meantime, give yourself time to shed his worries (as best you can). You won't be of any help to anyone if you are too drained yourself.. Hang in there...

Erika - I was so happy to hear that you went for a run and are starting to feel beter. Your dad totally rocks for his sermon. Words from your pastor can be so comforting and when your pastor is your dad, it is a double bonus... Try not to let J get to you... He is just as scared and worried as you are, but probably can't figure out how to deal... He'll get there...

Steph - didn't know you were a Dolphins fan... you and my boss are the only ones I know of... My Giants lost today, but considering the fact that they sat most of the starters, I can't say that I was surprised...

Lyz - I am not sure if I am going to get the image of me as a biker chick out of my head... too funny...

(BTW - 20 minutes on the bike today - 4.5 miles...)

Oh and Lisa - if you are dreaming about my biking adventure, can I at least be a size 6 in your dream??? :rotfl2:

I met with a personal trainer for an assessment and he has me all excited. My first workout with him is Tuesday night. Now I just need to find a little extra money in my budget to get the plan I want (3x/wk for 14 weeks). We'll see, but I am excited about this... I want to conquer my fear of the gym once and for all...

OK - have to run (laundry calls)...
talk to you all tomorrow,
Paula

Steph - didn't know you were a Dolphins fan... you and my boss are the only ones I know of... My Giants lost today, but considering the fact that they sat most of the starters, I can't say that I was surprised...

Oh yes I have been a Fins fan since before I met Stephen and Thank god He is a Fins fan too! MY friend who's house we were at tonight is also one so IT was great to see them get to the playoffs since they were 1-15 last year! I so thought that she was crashed and she is now texting me!

Hey...

E - I was already on that today - but did not want to give you more on your plate if you did not want it...

I was thinking of something that could motivate each of us...

Like a tiara in our sig...

Somehow do a challenge..weight...good food countability...excersize etc...and it is worth so much points per activity...the at the end of the week/month...the winner gets the tiara...we could do one and move it to the next winner...or collect them for each time you won...so you may end up with many in your siggie...or it could be the pic with x4 or whatever many times you earned it...

It would be something just for our thread...and maybe when others see it...they may be motivated to join us...

Just a thought....

Anyway - glad you are feeling a bit better...run for you was cathartic...and your dad has so much compassion to use his skills to help how he can..you are blessed in that regard...

OK - so my parents gave me a wireless router for Christmas so I am now sitting on my couch and typing this on my laptop instead of on the hardwired PC.... yeah... no more sharing the lone internet connection....
Yeah!
Lyz - I am not sure if I am going to get the image of me as a biker chick out of my head... too funny...I want to see the pic of you in chaps!

(BTW - 20 minutes on the bike today - 4.5 miles...)
Awesome!
Oh and Lisa - if you are dreaming about my biking adventure, can I at least be a size 6 in your dream??? :rotfl2:
If you can pic how you look in dreams..I am in...
I met with a personal trainer for an assessment and he has me all excited. My first workout with him is Tuesday night. Now I just need to find a little extra money in my budget to get the plan I want (3x/wk for 14 weeks). We'll see, but I am excited about this... I want to conquer my fear of the gym once and for all...

OK - have to run (laundry calls)...
talk to you all tomorrow,
Paula

Paula - so very proud of you..you are courageous and an inspiration...:worship: :lovestruc

Good Morning All

Have a wicked cold this morning, i felt it coming on all weekend, so i'm not suprised, but still unhappy :sick:

Liz - i'm sorry for the heartache you are going through, i know how hard it can be to see a loved one suffer and be closed out, i'll keep you in my thoughts and hope he lets you in.... :hug:

E - i'm in for the new years challenge, sign me up

So in addition to the 30 day shred, bruce also got me Jillian Michaels 2009 fitness ultimatum for Wii. And i have Wii fit on backorder, for those nasty snowy days when i can't/won't leave the house, it's better than being a couch potato!

It's a short week at work this week, Mon-Wed, and we may even be cut free a little early on wed. The downside, is that Bruce works every day of my 4 day weekend, 3-midnight :headache: BOO!

I hope everyone is doing well, i'm off to a breakfast of cough drops and Dayquil and then out the door to quarantine myself in my Office.....:flower3:

I'm in! Nothing like good peer pressure.

:rotfl: me too! At the minute I think peer pressure would do me the world of good!

Ok watching Twilight and EDWARD :love: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc SWOOOOONING

Im right there with you :love: . Ive got a friend obsessed with the books - I swear, I had nothing to do with it, except giving her the books, making her read them and making her come see the film with me! Shes just started Breaking Dawn, and keeps texting me! :rotfl:

Shes just started Breaking Dawn, and keeps texting me! :rotfl:

I am just about done with Breaking Dawn. I swear to you, it has taken over my life. Trying to get thru this series. I'll be glad when I'm done.

New Years Challenge, is this for after the New Year Starts? Or until then? I guess it doesn't matter, I'm always in. In. In. In.

Off to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter