In room refrigerators

lllGurulll

On hiatus from the World
Are they worth the daily expense? We are on the QSDP and I have noticed a lot of people saying it is too much food for them so they are keeping extra food in the rooms.

I didn't really want to go this route but I don't want to waste food either. I have checked every fridge swap out there for the last 4 months and couldn't get on one so that isn't an option.

I would not try to keep leftovers. If it is too much food..when are you going to eat the leftovers???

Who wants to carry around leftovers in a hot park? You can easily keep a piece of fruit, cookie, or such for a snack of quick breakfast if needed.

You can also keep a cooler (soft sided if you are flying) in the room for am milk or juice if needed!!

I would not try to keep leftovers. If it is too much food..when are you going to eat the leftovers???

Who wants to carry around leftovers in a hot park? You can easily keep a piece of fruit, cookie, or such for a snack of quick breakfast if needed.

You can also keep a cooler (soft sided if you are flying) in the room for am milk or juice if needed!!
Oh, there is no way I would haul back leftovers from the park unless they don't require refrigeration. I am more referring to when I eat at the resort. Just seems like a lot of people have posted having way too much food on this plan and took it back to their rooms to eat as snacks later. Or to save juice and such.

I think that the fridge is worth the $10.00 if you just want to have something to stash food or drinks in.

To me it depends on how long you are going for. I like having a frdige for in room breakfast - with 2 kids it's too much time to go tot he food court :)
When we get a car I drive to walmart and pick one up that I have shipped site to store (and send to the Kissimmee wal mart) done this a few times - Once I started a swap the next I gave it to someone for 1/2 price, the last I was going to sell on Craigslist but we were having trounle with it so I returned it. We stay for 18 days and renting one to much $$$$ if you are going for 10 days or less, I'd say it's about the same cost as buying one at walmart and go for it! nice to keep a yogurt, milk and juice in and DH likes soda cold but not with ice :) We also bring some from home small gladware containers for at resort leftovers, the ones they give are usually to big to fit :)
hope this helps

To me it depends on how long you are going for. I like having a frdige for in room breakfast - with 2 kids it's too much time to go tot he food court :)
When we get a car I drive to walmart and pick one up that I have shipped site to store (and send to the Kissimmee wal mart) done this a few times - Once I started a swap the next I gave it to someone for 1/2 price, the last I was going to sell on Craigslist but we were having trounle with it so I returned it. We stay for 18 days and renting one to much $$$$ if you are going for 10 days or less, I'd say it's about the same cost as buying one at walmart and go for it! nice to keep a yogurt, milk and juice in and DH likes soda cold but not with ice :) We also bring some from home small gladware containers for at resort leftovers, the ones they give are usually to big to fit :)
hope this helps
Hmmm, never thought of it like that. Looking at it from that standpoint I don't think it is worth it now.

DH and I did the QSDP last June. The only thing that we keep in the fridge were drinks. If we ordered a large meal -- we shared it. We'd split a large breakfast and lunch, and then each order our own dinner. We didn't have left over food. If you find that you can't eat dessert, though, just order a brownie or rice treat to eat later as a snack. You can keep extra drinks in the ice bucket on ice. It would be much better to share meals than to have leftovers that you have to store.

2 years ago, it was just me and my 7y gs. We participated in a frig swap. I pre-ordered milk, yogurt, cereal, bread, deli meat, water & soda. This was mostly for breakfasts to save time in the mornings. Well, my grandson didn't want breakfast so early and since we weren't in the room much, we ended up not eating alot of the food and left/threw alot away--we were flying and it wasn't stuff we could have taken home. The few times we brought back desserts when we were headed back to the room right after meals, so it was nice to have the fridge, but we never did eat the desserts. We were on the Dining Plan and had way plenty of food with that. I was so glad that I hadn't paid for renting a fridge--for us, it was not worth even buying the extra groceries.

There is only a charge for the use of a fridge at the Value Resorts (Pop Century and The All Stars). With tax, it's close to $15 per day to rent a fridge.
If you are staying at a value resort, consider joining one of the FREE fridge swaps on the budget boards. A fridge in the room saves sooooo much money on beverages (water/soda) breakfast and snacks.

We always drive and always bring a cooler (even if we stay at a resort with a fridge).

If you're renting a car, you could even just buy an inexpensive one and some snacks at Walmart. Our first trip, DH picked up a styrofoam cooler to keep drinks in. That way you can leave it behind if you're flying or don't have room.

We also have never had leftovers from CS meals. We usually just order a few meals when we're hungry and split them. I would be a pain to carry the food around a park (and yucky if it's hot) and we almost never eat at the resort.

There is only a charge for the use of a fridge at the Value Resorts (Pop Century and The All Stars). With tax, it's close to $15 per day to rent a fridge.
If you are staying at a value resort, consider joining one of the FREE fridge swaps on the budget boards. A fridge in the room saves sooooo much money on beverages (water/soda) breakfast and snacks.

That was the problem I stated above. I couldn't get into a single fridge swap at all.

Not sure where u are from, I know a lot of us from MA are going down due to spring break - hoping you are, I can tell you I bought a THERMOS folding softsided cooler for 19.99 at a store called The Final Markdown - we have then in MA and CT If it works, (leakproof etc) we will bring it down in Spet/Oct and dis buying a fridge it holds more than we will ned, has a folding piece that pops up on sides for STRONG support so we can even set light stuff on it, it zips - I LOVE IT - so far, use will be the final test. even if your not from MA it's by THERMOS, so hopefully you can find someting like it - just putting it in our luggage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter