In Room Movies - recently onboard Disney Magic?

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
Just trying to work out what movies are likely to be "in-room" onboard. I know I can get the Buena Vista ones from DCL but I was wondering if anyone who's sailed recently on the Magic remembered some of the ones showing? Doesn't need to be a complete list just trying to see if there was anything like Fate of the Furious or Kong as want to see both but don't know if its worth trying to watch on plane or waiting in hope they will be onboard. I know they wont be in the theatre but I think Fast 7 was on last time I sailed.

It is not on demand, it is running, I don't remember seeing any of those onboard

Thanks. I know its its on a continuous loop type thing on the Magic so OK with that - last time I was just lucky to find I was close to the bit I had got to each time lol. Maybe I'll watch them on the plane just in case (was hoping for a bigger screen to watch them on as the tvs on planes are so tiny)

Just trying to work out what movies are likely to be "in-room" onboard. I know I can get the Buena Vista ones from DCL but I was wondering if anyone who's sailed recently on the Magic remembered some of the ones showing? Doesn't need to be a complete list just trying to see if there was anything like Fate of the Furious or Kong as want to see both but don't know if its worth trying to watch on plane or waiting in hope they will be onboard. I know they wont be in the theatre but I think Fast 7 was on last time I sailed.

Those are Disney movies???

Those are Disney movies???

In room movies aren't just Disney movies. In 2015 they had Fast 7 and Transcendence both of which were Universal I think. The ones in the Buena Vista Theatre are all Disney and they have a couple of set Disney movie channels but then they have a couple with blockbusters on as well.

In room movies aren't just Disney movies. In 2015 they had Fast 7 and Transcendence both of which were Universal I think. The ones in the Buena Vista Theatre are all Disney and they have a couple of set Disney movie channels but then they have a couple with blockbusters on as well.

Interesting. I'd only seen Disney (or companies owned by Disney) movies on the TVs.

I'm not sure how often they change, but in the first week of June there was

Fantastic Beasts
Monster Trucks
Passengers
La La Land

There were others too but I can't remember them ... I may have kept the piece of paper, I'll check!

I'm not sure how often they change, but in the first week of June there was

Fantastic Beasts
Monster Trucks
Passengers
La La Land

There were others too but I can't remember them ... I may have kept the piece of paper, I'll check!
That was the non-disney rotation on the Wonder late April as well

Just wanted to update after my cruise. The non-Disney movies I spotted on the TV were:
  • Fast & Furious 8 - Fate of the Fast & the Furious
  • The Mummy
  • Power Rangers
  • Corpse Bride
  • La La Land
This was the last two weeks of September. I had written them all down but managed to spill some shampoo on the piece of paper so this was all I could read.

on the 10/14 Magic sailing they definitely had Fate of the Furious, the Mummy, Corpse Bride. Not sure of any others.

MJ

Interesting. I'd only seen Disney (or companies owned by Disney) movies on the TVs.

The movies that they run on the Magic on the loops are recent first-run movies, not necessarily with a Disney connection (in fact, rarely with a Disney connection). We have watched many that we would never have paid for (many we'd never even heard of) but were glad we did. I actually prefer it to the on-demand service on the Fantasy/Dream; personally I think the selection is better on the Magic even if often watch the middle, end and beginning of the movies (in that order) because of the pre-set times.

There are also channels that run Disney-only movies (I can't count the number of times we watched Ratatouille on our Baltic cruise). That might be what you're thinking of.

The movies that they run on the Magic on the loops are recent first-run movies, not necessarily with a Disney connection (in fact, rarely with a Disney connection). We have watched many that we would never have paid for (many we'd never even heard of) but were glad we did. I actually prefer it to the on-demand service on the Fantasy/Dream; personally I think the selection is better on the Magic even if often watch the middle, end and beginning of the movies (in that order) because of the pre-set times.

There are also channels that run Disney-only movies (I can't count the number of times we watched Ratatouille on our Baltic cruise). That might be what you're thinking of.

Interesting. When we were on the Magic in Feb all the constant running movies were Disney or films under the Disney umbrella.

More power to you for watching a new movie out of order. I can only do that for movies I've already seen. Ergo not a fan of the loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter