In Puerto Rico Right Now!!!!!

It was the Marriott Stellaris where we ended up at. The lagoon beach, i have no clue if it had a name, just a small public beach right over a bridge on the way to the Marriott Stellaris. The Stellaris also has day passes for the pool(medium slide and nice pool) pm me and I will forward you the email with the info on it. You can get a pass just the day of, do not have to get it beforehand.[/QUOT

PM sent..TIA!!

Our favorite beach in San Juan is "El Escambrón" also known as Third Millennium Park. It is a short taxi ride from the pier. Nice and safe, with big boulders surrounding the swimming area like Castaway Cay :)

Thanks, did your use take a cab there??

disneyfan888 said:
OMG!!! YES!! That is us! How crazy is that?? You were right next to us taking pictures, I remember seeing you!! That is so amazing!

I distinctly remember telling me husband that we need a camera like the one you had :goodvibes

I hope you had an amazing trip, we loved every second! What did you think of the ship?

Cool!!!!! We had a terrific time. And everything about the ship was wonderful. I'm actually in the process of doing a trip report about it. This was our 3rd Disney Cruise; but the first since our DD was born. Quite a different experience with a child; but still very enjoyable.

These reports are fantastic! I can't wait to get there in January on the Fantasy New Years Eve cruise.

Any reports on Scuba in San Juan. I would love to get some diving in while I am there!

Mike

Thanks, did your use take a cab there??

Since it had been a couple of years since we were In Puerto Rico, we decided to stay in Old San Juan. We skipped the beach since we knew we were heading to Castaway, but that beach is the only beach that DH would get into when we lived in Puerto Rico. He is not comfortable being in open water, which is why he gets in the family beach when we go to castaway.

Cool!!!!! We had a terrific time. And everything about the ship was wonderful. I'm actually in the process of doing a trip report about it. This was our 3rd Disney Cruise; but the first since our DD was born. Quite a different experience with a child; but still very enjoyable.

Im glad you enjoyed yourselves. We had a blast too. Might be able to the report int he next couple of days as well. We fell in love with the Fantasy. It has become our favorite out of the far with the Wonder, gotta stay true to Ariel ;)

I am traveling on New Years cruise and I was told the formal night would be NYE which was different from your sailing...but everything else matched up.....I noticed they didn't offer any matinees of their shows......I was really hoping they would offer some.....[/QUOTE

They usually only offer matinees of the "new" shows. None of the big production shows are new anymore, so that's probably why no matinees. Those who cruise often, have seen them a bunch of times and don't always go to them in the evenings any more......so plenty of seating for everyone else. When there is a fairly new show out, the evening shows are PACKED and they usually offer a matinee. Just my observation..... :thumbsup2

Thanks a ton for posting these! Is there any chance you can post the back page for every day? That is where they list the detailed character info, with many more listed than what is shown on the grid page. Would love to be able to see more of that! Thanks!

Oh my goodness!! Hurry up December 15th!! I cannot wait to sail this itinerary!!! Thank you so much for all of the tips and the Navigators. It all has been very helpful in being organized so we can make the most of our trip.

I do have one more question. The Bottom Fishing excursion at Castaway Cay is booked....I booked it for my husband and my father-in-law and it looked like everything went through just fine, but as it turns out only my father-in-law has a reservation....very sad....:confused3 Anyway, I have been trying to research to see if there is a reputable place in San Juan to book a bottom fishing excursion for them on our own, as Disney does not offer a fishing excursion at any of the ports, besides Castaway Cay. I really have no idea what I am looking for and I'm a bit concerned with that type of excursion on our own.... Does anyone have any help, tips or suggestions on something like this? I would appreciate it so much!!

I am traveling on New Years cruise and I was told the formal night would be NYE which was different from your sailing...but everything else matched up.....I noticed they didn't offer any matinees of their shows......I was really hoping they would offer some.....
FYI, we took this cruise Thanksgiving week and we had matinee shows for all 3 sea days. I would definitely take advantage of them. We saw one show twice.

FYI, if anyone is doing the zip lining in Puerto Rico, it's top notch. The company that hosts it are vrey professional, very safe, and you have a blast on it!

You WILL sweat your butt off though in the jungle. Bring a backpack with you, and I recommend 2 bottles of water for each person doing it.

Wear shorts and a tshirt, and if you have waterproof, closed toe sandals (think KEAN), I highly recommend it.

We absolutely loved the experience!

It was the Marriott Stellaris where we ended up at. The lagoon beach, i have no clue if it had a name, just a small public beach right over a bridge on the way to the Marriott Stellaris. The Stellaris also has day passes for the pool(medium slide and nice pool) pm me and I will forward you the email with the info on it. You can get a pass just the day of, do not have to get it beforehand.

Sent you a PM...thanks!

Hi! Would you please share with me the details on how to get day passes for the Marriott Stellaris beach/pool in Puerto Rico? My daughter and I have a cruise in 9 days, and we still dont have plans for the Puerto Rico port (the 'beach excursion' would cost us $230! so we'd like to do our own thing, assuming it is safe for us- just me and my daughter). Also, if you could provide any guidance on how to get to the Mariott (is there a taxi queue? safe to use taxis? how to get back to ship?).

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time and any info. you can share!
Erika:)

It was the Marriott Stellaris where we ended up at. The lagoon beach, i have no clue if it had a name, just a small public beach right over a bridge on the way to the Marriott Stellaris. The Stellaris also has day passes for the pool(medium slide and nice pool) pm me and I will forward you the email with the info on it. You can get a pass just the day of, do not have to get it beforehand.

NavigatorNov62012Pg1.jpg

NavigatorNov62012Pg5.jpg

Thank you for posting the navigators for this cruise! We are going on the same cruise for Spring Break and this gives me a better idea of what to expect--this being our first Disney Cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter