In need of stroller recomendations

DisneyDre

Mouseketeer
Looking for suggestions of what stroller to bring for my son who is 5. (he is 43 pounds) He is a champ and will walk a lot but when he gets tired my husband can only have him on his shoulders for so long lol. Heading to WDW on August 24th (we are flying) and I keep looking at different ones on amazon because I can't seem to find many in stores. We haven't been since Fall 2019 and since he was smaller we used a medium-size stroller. Looking for something a bit smaller but not flimsy. Also, something that might have small storage underneath would be great but not a deal-breaker. Due to food allergies, we do bring in food so that's why I like the storage. So please flood me with stroller suggestions, pictures would be great! Thank you!

Last edited:
We love the Zobo Sutton stroller, but it was a Babies R Us exclusive, which is obviously a problem these days. If it's just for this trip and you find one secondhand somewhere, I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up.

You could try the Summer 3D lite, but he's really close to the max weight (50 lbs). It's small enough to put in the overhead bin, so you shouldn't have to gate check it.

But the storage isn't huge....

I'd check out any of the stroller rental companies and see what they have for single strollers to rent.

It's small enough to put in the overhead bin, so you shouldn't have to gate check it.
Why wouldn't you want to gate check it? I've never seen someone try to cram a stroller in the overhead bin, no matter how small it is.

Why wouldn't you want to gate check it? I've never seen someone try to cram a stroller in the overhead bin, no matter how small it is.

Because the wait for a gate checked stroller can be ETERNAL and if you have a tight connection, it's super anxiety inducing.

But I'm possibly blurring my strollers together....I don't think it's the summer 3-d that meets overhead luggage requirements.

Because the wait for a gate checked stroller can be ETERNAL and if you have a tight connection, it's super anxiety inducing.
If you have a tight connection (or even if you don't and you just feel like it), you can gate check through to your final destination. In other words, if you're flying Boston to Atlanta to Orlando, you can gate check your stroller in Boston and have them send it all the way through to Orlando. No need to wait for it in Atlanta.

We have a 4 yr old and we have rented 3 yrs in a row with Orlando stroller rentals. We rent the citi mini or the citi miniGT. Both would work for your 5 yr old. and have good storage. For a week stay the rental will be about $85. They are really easy to work with and they deliver to your resort or you can pick it up right at the DME entrance at MCO.

If you have a tight connection (or even if you don't and you just feel like it), you can gate check through to your final destination. In other words, if you're flying Boston to Atlanta to Orlando, you can gate check your stroller in Boston and have them send it all the way through to Orlando. No need to wait for it in Atlanta.
Personally, I avoid checking things as much as possible, especially with a tight connection. I've had a carseat not make it to my final destination before, and that was not fun. So when we were looking for a stroller, it had to be able to fit in the overhead compartment

You could try the Summer 3D lite, but he's really close to the max weight (50 lbs). It's small enough to put in the overhead bin, so you shouldn't have to gate check it.

But the storage isn't huge....

I'd check out any of the stroller rental companies and see what they have for single strollers to rent.
I did see that one online at Target, may have to go to the store and see if they have one out to look at. Honestly, I never thought to rent one, where do I even begin with that?

Gonna check out Target store to see if they have any out on display to try, if not what are some stroller companies people rent from, and how does that work?

You want the stroller JUST for the parks? I'd be tempted to rent in the parks. This excuses you from transporting the stroller to Orlando, and Disney's rental strollers are better-suited to 5-year olds than toddlers.

You want the stroller JUST for the parks? I'd be tempted to rent in the parks. This excuses you from transporting the stroller to Orlando, and Disney's rental strollers are better-suited to 5-year olds than toddlers.
I feel the ones at the actual park are just hard plastic? Maybe there is another location i can rent from?

I feel the ones at the actual park are just hard plastic? Maybe there is another location i can rent from?
Yes, the in-park rentals ARE hard plastic; however, they're plenty big, and you can bring a blanket to cushion the ride -- and you're talking about a 5-year old, who won't ride all day. You can see what they look like by googling "Disney World rental stroller".
Yes, you can rent from a number of suppliers in Orlando -- google "rental stroller in Orlando". However, such a rental will mean you'll have to transport the stroller to and from the parks, and it will cost as much as buying a new stroller yourself.

I was lucky enough to find one on my local FaceBook marketplace. Joovy Groove Ultralight Stroller. Says it holds children up to 55lbs, has a large canopy, folds easy and small, and locks. I'm excited I found it a week before we leave!

Yes, the in-park rentals ARE hard plastic; however, they're plenty big, and you can bring a blanket to cushion the ride -- and you're talking about a 5-year old, who won't ride all day. You can see what they look like by googling "Disney World rental stroller".
Yes, you can rent from a number of suppliers in Orlando -- google "rental stroller in Orlando". However, such a rental will mean you'll have to transport the stroller to and from the parks, and it will cost as much as buying a new stroller yourself.
My kids love them .. they have a lot of space they never complain about it being too hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter