• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In-depth trivia

chris mcfly

Mouseketeer
Hey-

Working in Guest Services at IOA, I tend to hear all the IOA trivia. But after paruzing this board, I've learned some things i didnt know (which is a tough fact for me to admit) like the full Hulk tube audio, The Spider design in the Spiderman confrence room, etc. [by the way, did you know the T-Rex lets out a burp after you go down the spillway?] Does anyone else have any of these very esoteric facts? (im talking about stuff thats way less known than "the trees in Suess are from the s. florida hurricaine" and "there is color changing paint in marvel").

Anything would be greatly appriciated--

Originally posted by fboy9287
bruce banner always screws up the experiments when I am on it:D

that is because you are Bruce Banner's invitro/gamma tube baby:jester:

alright, I'll bite

1) The very first Popeye & Bluto's raft ever created ran it's first tests in Thunder Canyon at Ohio's Cedar Point.

2) Although no dates have been set, the Hulk is going to close sometime in the next few months for a few days of preventative maintenance. (well, that's not really what you were looking for, just more of a heads up)

I didn't know any of that !!!! Let's back up for me !
Where is color changing paint ???? Be specific, I can't miss this when we go !
A burp from the t-rex after you thru ? How the heck do you hear that ?? LOL
I LOVE this stuff !!!
O.K., I admit I knew about the suess-trees, but it sounds like thats the easy stuff !!
Please, more of this stuff, I want the inside scoop !!!!!:D
Thanks !!!!!!:D :bounce:

SEE !!! That's what I'm saying !!:bounce:
These are things I need to know !! I didn't even know half of this stuff, and whats this about audio in the hulk tube ???
And I still need to know where to locate color changing paint !!:p

the color changing paint is also used in new york in mgm. That is really noticable! this is used on the large buildings that seam to have no point.

The NYC street at MGM looks too clean to be NYC. :)

I tried to hear the audio when I stood under the lockers, but I heard Banner's spiel, then a big whoosh, lots of screaming, and then something that sounded like a buzzer.

Have you ever seen those cars on the highway that shift color depending on the angle that you look at them? Usually its a weird shade of purple that moves to green, or something of the sorts. Same paint is on some of the windows and exteriors at Marvel. I hear its rediculously expensive.

I will be on the lookout for the color changing paint !!!
Any thing else I don't know about ?? (don't all shout at once !LOL)
I don't remember hearing anything in the hulk, but I was a LITTLE preoccoupied !

OK, did you know that the water pumps that supply Bluto's are among the largest of their kind in the world?

The wood planks on the lifts (boatwash) and conveyors are made from a rare imported wood that has a Rockwell hardness rating close to steel and must be professionally machined as it rips through saw blades and chainsaws like butter.

That's awesome stuff!
I promise I'll never poke fun at the water effects there again.
Thanks for sharing folks!! Keep up the superb work!!
Jim

IOA Tech, that is some awesome info, again, I had NO idea
QUOTE:
a Rockwell hardness rating close to steel and must be professionally machined as it rips through saw blades and chainsaws like butter
LIKE BUTTER BABY !!!
Thanks for the triva, I will be sure & share "my" knowledge with anyone who will listen !!LOL
:bounce:

IOA tech: What part is the "boatwash"???

THANKS! This is interesting stuff!

the conveyor that takes your raft up for the big drop, after the cave with the octopus. it has all the nozzels spraying water and the brushes and of course the BIG DROP.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter