In between Halloween and Christmas

JeffB13

Earning My Ears
Hello...
What’s the typical timeframe between the Halloween decorations coming down and the Christmas decorations going up?

My fiancée and I have been a few times together, but we're taking all the kids off the first time and October / November works for us.

I’d like the kids to see DL for the first tine with minimal decorations... I do realize Haunted Mansion Holiday will be up.

Thanks

It goes straight from Halloween to Christmas. There's even a bit of overlap as they take Halloween down and put up Christmas.

Christmas decorations start going up before Halloween even happens, most notably snow on the castle (which creeps in by the last week of October).

There are the least amount of decorations the first few days of November, but it’s definitely not undecorated.

Hello...
What’s the typical timeframe between the Halloween decorations coming down and the Christmas decorations going up?

My fiancée and I have been a few times together, but we're taking all the kids off the first time and October / November works for us.

I’d like the kids to see DL for the first tine with minimal decorations... I do realize Haunted Mansion Holiday will be up.

Thanks

....Huh....no Jeff....that would be Nightmare Before Christmas....which is six months of the year .....and the Haunted Mansion the other six months of the year....so you are not alone....there is another site that has a thread that folks like yourself who would like to see the Haunted Mansion....but never will, because the family likes the fall visits.

I also prefer NBC .....on the other site...that would be on the level of blasphemy...I have read enough of the posts where I actually feel sad for them, the Haunted Mansion being the longest closed attraction at Disneyland....six months of the year.

Technically (date-wise), Halloween Time ends on 10/31 and Holiday Time starts 11/07. Decorations are slightly overlapping, especially around the castle and in NOS, starting end-of-October-ish. If the kids love IASW, it will probably be closed for the holiday overlay installation until 11/7. And SM will be down for a day or two to remove the SMGG overlay right after Halloween.

Last edited:
We have been the last 3? 4? years from about 10/28 to 11/2 - a few straggler Halloween decorations are still up 11/1 (the big pumpkins at the entrance, most noticeably...and now some at DCA in Cars land), and there will already be some Christmas. I wouldn't say there's a ton of decorations on the 1st, but there's obviously progressively more and more each day. ETA in my opinion this is a great time of year to go, but that said we haven't ridden IASW in years b/c it's always down. You also miss a day of Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter