IMing...

Princess Ash

<font color=deeppink>Disney Princess<br><font colo
Anyone here an IM addict? I used to be, but senior year has gotten very busy. Not to say that I don't check to see if anyone has left me messages about once an hour, hahaha!

I also *almost* never IM people first. I don't want to feel like I'm bothering them, interrupting them, or cutting into one of their conversations. You never know when someone is getting a new bf/gf or breaking up with one, etc. etc. Also, I am a generally shy person by nature (DEF more outgoing here on the DIS!!!), so that's another reason that I don't IM people first.

I think it's fun to play around on IM sometimes too. Like when I'm really bored sometimes or feeling mischevious, I'll IM a friend under a different screen name and try to trip them up or tease them a little (course, I always tell them who I am and def don't try to flip them out...I only do it to friends whom I know can handle it).

Quotes are awesome. I mean, I love putting quotes in my away messages, profile, etc. etc. Right now I also have a list of my friend's college acceptances...kinda as a support and nice thing to do.

So I guess this is a thread just to post any thoughts about IM on...
Have fun!

Princess Ash said:
Anyone here an IM addict? I used to be, but senior year has gotten very busy. Not to say that I don't check to see if anyone has left me messages about once an hour, hahaha!

I also *almost* never IM people first. I don't want to feel like I'm bothering them, interrupting them, or cutting into one of their conversations. You never know when someone is getting a new bf/gf or breaking up with one, etc. etc. Also, I am a generally shy person by nature (DEF more outgoing here on the DIS!!!), so that's another reason that I don't IM people first.

I think it's fun to play around on IM sometimes too. Like when I'm really bored sometimes or feeling mischevious, I'll IM a friend under a different screen name and try to trip them up or tease them a little (course, I always tell them who I am and def don't try to flip them out...I only do it to friends whom I know can handle it).

Quotes are awesome. I mean, I love putting quotes in my away messages, profile, etc. etc. Right now I also have a list of my friend's college acceptances...kinda as a support and nice thing to do.

So I guess this is a thread just to post any thoughts about IM on...
Have fun!

you IMed me first :rolleyes:

I don't like IMing first... I'll only do when I have really interesting news or something. But they always IM me first so I don't really have to worry about that.

OMGoodness, one of my friends always changes her s/n all the time and tricks me all the time! And I fall for it everytime too! So, I always watch what I say when I don't recgognize a screen name (but in the beginning they'll go It's (name of the person) so I don't talk to strangers....yea) :rotfl2:

I've changed my s/n quite a few times too. I got bored and heres some of my OLD s/ns:
Land_of_bordom
LordofCheese78
justlikedory12
SnapCracklePopYa
SuperPirate24601 (I still use this one sometimes)

what?? I got bored when I made them! :rotfl2:

I love love loooove IM. I live off of IM. And the Dis, of course ;)

It depends about the person, if I IM them first or not. Depends on if I know they're having a bad day, grumpy, etc. etc.

I used to be addicted to IM'ing through Yahoo....but I don't do it much anymore....don't know why :confused3 Probably cause' my friends never get on...and when they do I'm not here. :rolleyes: lol ;)

I would never have any time too, with the Dis and all... :rotfl2:

Daisymae26 said:
I would never have any time too, with the Dis and all... :rotfl2:

lol, yea....my friends laugh cause' sometimes at the end of a phone call I'll say, " Well, I have to go DIS now...so I'll talk to you later." They all know that DIS'ing is one of my fav' things to do. ;)

I want IM, but I don't have it. Does anybody have any good arguements against their mothers to let them have IM?

OMG thats exactly how I feel. I always feel like im gunna interupt something....I also hate calling people(at home, i'll call their cells tho) because of that too!!
But yes I am obsssed with AIM cuz I go to a boarding school and basically thats the only way that I have access to the outside world. My whole school would die if we werent able to have AIM. Believe me, last year we didnt have it in the begining of the year and no one knew what to do with themselves. and then in the middle of the year someone hacked into our proxy and it screwed up the entire internet system and it would be out for like weeks at a time or would go on and off randomly and it was horible everyone was like really distressed untill they finally fixxed it.

2HOT2touch said:
OMG thats exactly how I feel. I always feel like im gunna interupt something....I also hate calling people(at home, i'll call their cells tho) because of that too!!.

Ugh, I hate calling people too. Actually I don't like talking on the phone period. I much more prefer to IM.

2HOT2touch said:
But yes I am obsssed with AIM cuz I go to a boarding school and basically thats the only way that I have access to the outside world.

Oh yes! I go to a private all-girl's catholic high school...so it's the only way I can talk to the boys, hahahahaha :rotfl: (hey! no assumptions here people! My guy friends!!!)

Oh yes, i'm never off of it. It's kinda embarassing because if you scroll over people's names, it will tell you how long the person has been on. Most people's are like 5 hours, 3 hours, maybe 2 days.

Yeah, mine is like 9 days. And the only reason I did sign off was the restart the computer, LOL.

TiggerLove101 said:
Oh yes, i'm never off of it. It's kinda embarassing because if you scroll over people's names, it will tell you how long the person has been on. Most people's are like 5 hours, 3 hours, maybe 2 days.

Yeah, mine is like 9 days. And the only reason I did sign off was the restart the computer, LOL.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter