• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IMHO the world of IOA/USF during low crowds time

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
I know that slow time is nothing new but throw in 9/11 and now we are officially in a recession and i think this is how the Universal world will be. remember this is MHO.

1: the closed resturants in IOA will reopen for christmas week thru New years. They will propmtly close down again until spring break. Same scenario for Studios.

2: The staggered attraction opening times within each park will continue until there are signs of a sustained attandence level without a special holiday occuring.

3: Whatever was planned for Mardi Gras, it will be cut back to less band appearances and a slightly less caliber of band as well. Possibly less beads thrown on the parade route.

4: we will see fewer snack places open and the resturant hours will not match the park hours. ie. the parks close at 6:00, the fullservice places will close at 3 or 3:30. i would not be at all surprised for them to close by 2 pm if the business is slow.

5: i think optimism was high whit the good attendence on 11/22 and 11/23. but the good attendence ended with the end of the holiday.

6: I expect New Years at MYTHOS to be fantastic, but i expect the midnight fireworks to be cut back from what we saw on 7/4/01.

7: i think in an MIB shoot-off with IOATech, the c-clamp is mine:D

Do you MIB or anyone else have a handy listing of the things closed or that have shortened hours? I read a piece here and there and forget all that people have talked about....

You know, I agree with everything you said MIB, except Mardi Gras. I really don't think that particular event will be effected. The beads don't really make a differance, so I don't know why they'd have less. And the bands, IMO, are in the majority wash-up bands or low-profile bands anyway. So, since they probably wouldn't get work many other places, I don't think they'd drop Mardi Gras.

So Journey is a washed up band? They played several years ago-the bands tend to be off the beaten path, yes, but, it's always a great night when it's band night at Mardi Gras.

MIB, hopefully you are not right, I would love to see more folks in the parks, and yes, they are coming...slowly, but they are coming.

I can't necessarily agree with MIB's thoughts here, especially about Mardi Gras. The plans are to expand the event, not cut it back. I think MIB has been spending to much time down the street at the other place (ha,ha).

But as to the MIB score, IOA Tech is one of the crew, so don't be suprised if I don't sit in the back and adjust the scores (if necessary). There would not even be the slightest glimpse of that c-clamp over MIB's mantle.

Originally posted by Melanie1001
Do you MIB or anyone else have a handy listing of the things closed or that have shortened hours? I read a piece here and there and forget all that people have talked about....

See the thread titled Grinchmas report and park crowds.

as for closed eating places in IOA
Confisco's
Green eggs and ham is open but not till 11:00am
Blondie's
Captian America Diner
Thunder Falls Terrace

Studios:
Monster Cafe'
La Bamba

:smooth:
Good to hear from you Earl. Last years Mari Gras had less FEATURED NAME band nights than the year before. I was thinking they would do away with friday night featured bands all together and go with saturday only and maybe cut back from 6 saturdays to 5.

If by the other place you mean the mouse house, my seasonal pass expired 11/4 and will not be renewed. no reason when i only go there once or twice a year. It is just to boring for me.

Now an MIB Shoot-off with Barry and i in one car and IOATech and you in the opposing car, now that would be entertainment!!!

:D

In regards to your opinions, Kevin, I must say you're on the mark with some, not so accurate on others. Yes, the stagnant attraction and restaraunt closings will continue. However, as far as Mardi Gras, attendance and restaraunt closing time, I think it will be different than your views.

A. Mardi Gras is our 2nd biggest annual event behind Halloween Horror Nights. Trtue, the bands they've had never necessarily been stadium fillers, but I'd hardly call journey, smashmouth, foreigner and b52's no-names. You should have seen the sea of people last year just to hear "love shack." As far as the beads, the things are plastic. I seriously doubt in the quantity they're ordered they cost more than a few pennies a strand. The beads are what attract peopel to mardi gras, so why would they want to cut back on em? That puts future mardi gras attendance in jeopardy. Besides, I noticed no drop in the bead level at HHN this past October; actually there were twice as many parades than I remember last year, thus an increase in bead level.

B. Yes, things will slow down again after the holidays, they always do. However, I think the holiday season why instill a sence of safety, both physically and monetarily. Thsi past wekeend proved people are willing to spend money. I don't think Jan, Feb and Mar will be as bad as Sep, Oct, Nov; it's closer to Spring/Summer breaks, and is also a busy season for company conventions at the convention center. Catering will pick up, as a result.

C. The fullservice restaraunts have never followed park closing times, anyhoo. We've always closed at least 1 hour before park closing, it's to help encourage migration from the back of the park to the exits. You will notice the quick service locations in toon and jurassic usually close before the park, while spice, croussaint moon, and cafe 4 are open right up to the end.

Just my 2 cents, oh and I thought 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth constituted an official recession, and the last i checked, the gov't had only announced 1.

Originally posted by TheSecondCook
Yes, the stagnant attraction and restaraunt closings will continue. However, as far as Mardi Gras, attendance and restaraunt closing time, I think it will be different than your views.

A. Mardi Gras is our 2nd biggest annual event behind Halloween Horror Nights. True, the bands they've had never necessarily been stadium fillers, but I'd hardly call journey, smashmouth, foreigner and b52's no-names. You should have seen the sea of people last year just to hear "love shack."

:)" I was there, bought six extra tickets so we could bring a group of eight out to catch beads and hear the B-52'S. For my taste in music they were the best of all last year. Now as far as good looking the group BOND has that honor. Great souped up classical music

As far as the beads, the things are plastic. I seriously doubt in the quantity they're ordered they cost more than a few pennies a strand. The beads are what attract peopel to mardi gras, so why would they want to cut back on em? That puts future mardi gras attendance in jeopardy. Besides, I noticed no drop in the bead level at HHN this past October; actually there were twice as many parades than I remember last year, thus an increase in bead level.

:)"Glad to hear about the HHN boost in parades and beads. HHN is not my cup of tea, but it is encouraging to hear that bit of news"

Just my 2 cents, oh and I thought 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth constituted an official recession, and the last i checked, the gov't had only announced 1.

"just wait until the real figures come in in three months instead of these estimates. After 9/11 and with the ongoing conflict in Afgahnistan, now is not the time to confirm a recession to the American people. Estimates are easier to handle and muddle. Ok so i am a cynic, but if you were the president and were trying desperately to pull everyone in a common direction for the common good would tell!!!!!! By the way i am glad we have the president we have right now for this situation, he has steped forward and done what had to be done and with great timing for each step he has taken. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter