• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm worried about what they will think!

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Okay, tell me I am crazy! We are taking my parents, sister and her family, and brother and his wife on a DVC trip. I would love to get them all a 1br to show them the "true" DVC. But, I also know that I will want to go back several more times during my use year (I have already borrowed against and will be borrowing for this trip as well). That being said I don't want them to check into a studio and say "this is what all of the fuss is about?!" Has anyone ever had any negative comments from invited guests staying in a studio? I want them to really experience the "magic" and I am afraid that they will think that I am crazy for paying such a price for an almost regular hotel room.

If you feel the 'need' to explain anything, why not say the truth ---- to enable everyone to be invited and to give everyone privacy, the accomodations are a studio. If larger accomodations were booked, someone would have had to stay home.

Is there a possibility two of the families (ie, parents and 1 family) could share a 2 bedroom? Then book a studio for the other family. A 2 BR is more than 2 studios, but less than two 1-BRs. Then you'd have the kitchen, w/d and bigger space for everyone to congregate. Of course, it can be dangerous having too MUCH closeness, so that would have to be carefully considered.

I'm not sure of the actual size of your party, but it appears you have a minimum of 9 people in four different 'groups' or families. Are you all staying in Studios? Are you getting 4 studios? If that's the case consider a GV at OKW.

GV at OKW Sun-Thu Dream (middle season) 45 pts/night
Four OKW Studios 40 points/night
Four BWV Standard Studios 44 points/night
Four BWV Pref. View Studios 52 points/night
Four VWL or BCV Studios 52 points/night

If you're squeezing into three studios, (or less:eek: ) the comparison isn't quite the same.

Is part of your trip going to include weekend days. Chop off one of those days for a shorter trip and upgrade your accommodations.

Crunch the numbers. If you can in any way get an OKW GV, you will definitely 'wow' them. In Dream season an OKW GV is 5 points more than 4-studios, or 15 points more than 3-studios. A GV gives you three bedrooms (same as 3-studios) and a heck of a lot more.

The relative low cost of an OKW GV compared to other accommodations is what makes it so popular. Compare to Dream Season at BWV where a GV is 88 points/night (Sun-Thu).

Or compare to a combination 2-B/R plus a Studio at BCV (minimum for 9 people) in dream season is 54 points/night. This makes an OKW Grand Villa (at 45 points) seem cheap.

Have a great vacation.

this is what all of the fuss is about?!
You didn't mention which resort, but as they enter one of the lobbies, the wow factor and your being able to provide several rooms should describe what all the fuss is about. You have nothing to appologize or be concerned about, the resort and easy transportation will do it's magic. You could always ask them to pitch in and rent some extra points to get the sets of accomodations you really want. Enjoy your trip.

You could also take them over to the DVC office and show them the 1BR, etc and tell them that's where you usually stay! :p

Originally posted by Caskbill
I'm not sure of the actual size of your party, but it appears you have a minimum of 9 people in four different 'groups' or families. Are you all staying in Studios? Are you getting 4 studios? If that's the case consider a GV at OKW.

GV at OKW Sun-Thu Dream (middle season) 45 pts/night
Four OKW Studios 40 points/night
Four BWV Standard Studios 44 points/night
Four BWV Pref. View Studios 52 points/night
Four VWL or BCV Studios 52 points/night

If you're squeezing into three studios, (or less:eek: ) the comparison isn't quite the same.

Is part of your trip going to include weekend days. Chop off one of those days for a shorter trip and upgrade your accommodations.

Crunch the numbers. If you can in any way get an OKW GV, you will definitely 'wow' them. In Dream season an OKW GV is 5 points more than 4-studios, or 15 points more than 3-studios. A GV gives you three bedrooms (same as 3-studios) and a heck of a lot more.

The relative low cost of an OKW GV compared to other accommodations is what makes it so popular. Compare to Dream Season at BWV where a GV is 88 points/night (Sun-Thu).

Or compare to a combination 2-B/R plus a Studio at BCV (minimum for 9 people) in dream season is 54 points/night. This makes an OKW Grand Villa (at 45 points) seem cheap.

Have a great vacation.
That was going to be my suggestion too! We had a great time with 4 family groups in a GV at OKW, and the WOW factor was fantastic!

Like Granny said, Take them over to the DVC models and show them all the different options. Next, explain that to give everyone some privacy and also so you could have more vacations this year that you were got the studios for this trip.
I think they will love the resort, whichever rooms you decide on.
Have a great time!

Thanks everyone! We had considered trying to get a GV. We own at BWV but if we can't get the GV I think I will try to get VWL studio and 2 bedroom.

LOL you are brave to even tell your parents. I am a 40 year old professional woman and I do not plan on telling my mother because I can just hear her now " what a waste of money" "you can't afford that" Yada yada yada!!
By the way What does GV stand for?

Thanks

LOL please disregard the question what does GV stand for? I realize now it means Garden View! :crazy:

Thanks Msdis

LOL for clairfying that GV also means Grand Villa. See I am learning something everyday!

MzCohen - A funny story...

When we first bought into DVC my father said, shaking his head, "Well, it's not how I would have spent MY money." That's all he said about it but it was obvious he felt DH and I had made a mistake.

Cut to the following year when we took my parents and stayed in a 2BR at BWV. Dad and I were walking down the boarkwalk one afternoon, just the two of us, when he looked at me and said "You know...you made a great choice buying into the Vacation Club."

Of course I refrained from speaking the "Nyah, nyah, I told you so" that was going through my mind and simply said thanks. Since then my parents have been to WDW a few more times with us and my dad is now telling others how great the DVC is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter