I'm so bummed.....

zippehsmom

DIS Veteran
In October I ordered $775 worth of Hotwire GC's for DD's school shopping & XMas shopping. Well I could not wait for that $150 credit back from Hotwire. I just tried to order some more GC's this evening and come to find out my membership is canceled. So I call Hotwire to find out what the deal is, and they said that my monthly payment did not go through. I had forgot all about my Visa being lost and therefore cancelled. I forgot to change credit card on file with Hotwire. So now I won't get my $150:( I tried explaining what happened. Spoke with a manager and even referred to consumer affairs. I'm not holding out much hope.

Now come to find out I can't even renew for 12 months because you have to wait 12 months to renew after cancelling.

Just had to vent to someone who would understand. DH is looking at me like I'm nuts, can't understand why I'm crying. He's sweet though, he offered to give me the $150 (although it's just not the same).

zippehsmom:(

I know it is just the moral of the story that it is sad that you lost that 150 bucks. When you lost or cancel a credit card it is hard to go back and track what that card was tied too. I did that a couple of years ago when I canceled and closed my checking account and forgot what was automatically taken out of my account.

I am sympatizing with you..

I'm sorry about your misfortune. I just joined hotwiresavings and I was also going to buy some giftcards for Christmas. Can you tell me when the expiration date might be on something like a Target, Borders, or Bahama Breeze card? The expiration date will enter into my decisions of what to buy, but I can't see the expiration date until I buy! Can someone with experience help me out please?

Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear that, zippehsmom.

You definitely get my sympathy -- I can DEFINITELY understand your tears.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

How sweet that your Dh wants to make up the $150.00 for you!!

Some might see it as a big loss.

Thanks for the sympathy. I feel a little better this morning. This is definitely a lesson well learned. I just changed the address on credit card that we don't use to my Mom's address so, that I can at least rejoin.

DisneyFam5 I've never seen an expiration date on the GC's I've ordered (Target, Kmart, Red Lobster, Outback, Toys R US, JCPenney & Foot Locker) except Lillian Vernon had 1 year expiration and the movie tickets I believe expire in 1 year.

I've always had a positive experience with Hotwire (except this mishap), but I can't blame that on them. Good Luck.

zippehsmom

zippehsmom,

I actually went online and changed my credit card on the hotwire site, and it accepted it.

Well, I ordered stuff on Oct 18th and everything went fine, but when they went to charge me the monthly fee, they sent it to the old card (which I cancelled).

So, on Sunday, I went in to buy some Toys R Us cards, and couldn't.

You know, I called them Monday morning and they said they would open up a inquiry... blah blah blah. I went to the site and joined using my husband's name and credit card, same address and used my cell number.

Worked fine.

However, after reading your post, I looked at my credit card and did not see the refund for the stuff I bought (about $60). So I called and spoke with someone, then a Supervisor and they had it on their system that I did indeed change the information, so she is recommending that they refund that money to me.

She said I should expect a call back today or next week. We shall see. I will not give up until I get that money back!

Thank you for the expiration date information. I have one more question for all you Hotwire users. I thought that I saw somewhere that you can only redeem so many gift cards at once, but I can't find it again on the website. Could my sister redeem $200 worth of certificates and buy the IPOD she wants at Target for only $160 out of pocket? That would be great. Or can you only use so many cards at a time? I thought that I saw a restriction, but I'm hoping I'm just nuts! Can anyone help me?:wave:

Originally posted by DisneyFam5
Thank you for the expiration date information. I have one more question for all you Hotwire users. I thought that I saw somewhere that you can only redeem so many gift cards at once, but I can't find it again on the website. Could my sister redeem $200 worth of certificates and buy the IPOD she wants at Target for only $160 out of pocket? That would be great. Or can you only use so many cards at a time? I thought that I saw a restriction, but I'm hoping I'm just nuts! Can anyone help me?:wave:

Does your sister work in an education field or homeschool? Apple does offer an educational discount for educators/homeschoolers if you qualify.

My discount (public school employee) was $30 off the 20 G Ipod, making it $269.

Cindy,
She is going back to school right now to get her masters in Electrical Engineering and she is substitute teaching. I doubt if that will count! I do have some friends that are teachers, though. I'll have to talk to them! Thanks.

As far as I know I there is not a limit. I used $350 worth of GC's at JCPenney at one time.

I did notice on the Lillian Vernon GC's that they said only 10 could be used at one time, but the lady on the phone said I could use more. So, I used all 12 at once.

Good Luck MCazer, I hope everything works out for you.

zippehsmom

I totally understand, I have had a heck of a time with hotwire! I ordered 6 day park hoppers and were sent ones that said 5 days so I called and they were really nice and said ok just send them back insured and we will get new ones out, I said but its going to be expensive to send back she said oh we will refund your money. Great. So I ship them back and receive my new ones very fast. However, no refund on the $13 shipping I email and email and they keep saying if I purchased travel I need to contact Hotwire not Hotwire savings club UGH so I call and they tell me that I need to fax my receipt from the Post office, would have been nice had they told me this 2 weeks ago! However, it has been a week and still nothing, AND they cancelled my account! I said why in the world would you cancel my account they said oh we didn't your credit card did. I said there is no way you could let my CC company cancel my account, she said well they said to close it so we did. :O What is up with them??

Can you tell me if they have Loews Theater movie tickets and how much they are through hotwire?

I'm pretty sure that they have Loews Theatre tickets. I believe the Star Theatres are apart of Loews. I think we paid either $4.25 or $4.75. The only catch is you have to wait 10 days after the movie has been out. It worked great for us though.

You also have up to 1 year to use them.

zippehsmom:D

Originally posted by zippehsmom
I'm pretty sure that they have Loews Theatre tickets. I believe the Star Theatres are apart of Loews. I think we paid either $4.25 or $4.75. The only catch is you have to wait 10 days after the movie has been out. It worked great for us though.

You also have up to 1 year to use them.

zippehsmom:D

Yes, they are part of the same chain. Thanks! I don't think I'll sign up though, I was going to order some for presents for people but I hate to get them something that has a restriction KWIM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter