I'm so bummed about the monorail!

SilverCeladon

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Disneyland and it's the first time for my 3 year old and he's totally into trains right now. We wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel so we could ride the monorail but when I made my reservations the monorail is not working for the month of November! What? They are building another ride and have to close down the monorail because of it. Total Bummer! I know my son would have gotten a kick out of riding it! :sad2:

That is a bummer. They are working on the station and also on the subs which is right by, so it will be down for a while. At least you found out before getting there. You'll just have to go on the Disneyland Railroad a lot, he will love it! Have a wonderful trip.

We were also disappointed that the monorail will be down during our Sept. visit. We have a monorail in Seattle, but I was thinking of the DL one as not only transportation, but a ride with a nice view of the parks. (I haven't ever been, this will be our first trip.) Many other wonderful things that we'd wanted to see will also not be running: The musical Aladdin, Snow White, Matterhorn, the Electric Light Parade.

But there will be so many other things to see there! We'll just have to plan another trip. :sunny:

Hopefully he will enjoy the Disneyland RR and Casey Jr. Circus Train.

Woody

We are going to DLR December 2 - 7. We were going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and take advantage of the monorail. Does anybody know if it will be open by December? I was going to book my tickets tomorrow as space at the resort hotels are going fast.

Thanks!

This is a drag. But if you look at the ( somewhat positive ) "next" time you go,'maybe' he can ride up front. :cool1: All you have to do is ask. :thumbsup2

I am pretty disappointed also. Not only is the monorail down in November, the Matterhorn reopens the day after we leave in Nov.

my3kids said:
I am pretty disappointed also. Not only is the monorail down in November, the Matterhorn reopens the day after we leave in Nov.

with any luck, they will finish renovations ahead of schedule ... sending you some Pixie Dust :wizard:

woody73 said:
Hopefully he will enjoy the Disneyland RR and Casey Jr. Circus Train.

If your son loves trains, plan to ride Casey at least a few times every day. And one of those rides should be from the caboose (you ride backwards); it's really a different perspective and lots of fun!

Nighttime is also neat, but I don't know if that's too late for your little one.

Have fun! :goodvibes

DisneyloverinWA said:
We are going to DLR December 2 - 7. We were going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and take advantage of the monorail. Does anybody know if it will be open by December? I was going to book my tickets tomorrow as space at the resort hotels are going fast.

Thanks!

Dates that I've seen say that it won't be up until Dec 15th. I think they are just opening it temporarily for the busy Christmas season and then it will be down again, but I could be wrong.

DH is gonna be disappointed to hear that. I hadn't realized that it wasn't running to the DLH. We would get on at DTD (we were staying off site) and ride to Tomorrowland or vise versa, we never tried to ride all the way around, looks like we couldn't have any way. :confused3

Does anyone know when and or why they stopped it and if they plan on starting it back up anytime soon?

TIA!

Alex2kMommy said:
Many other wonderful things that we'd wanted to see will also not be running: The musical Aladdin, Snow White, Matterhorn, the Electric Light Parade.

No Electrical Parade?!?! :sad: :sad: :sad: I am so bummed!

My understanding is that it was stopped when the construction began on the subs - but I could be wrong. It won't go back up until after the subs are finished.

Yes, I suppose so! But this trip is likely to happen only one more time for us as a family, so I hope the kids get to see it in 6 or 7 years when we go next! Do you know why the parade is not on - is it because it is seasonal?

minnietoo said:
My understanding is that it was stopped when the construction began on the subs - but I could be wrong. It won't go back up until after the subs are finished.
Subs=the new Nemo ride?

That stopped the monorail from going to the DLH? :confused3

Sorry I don't mean to be dense, but I guess I don't get that. Or do you mean that's what stopped the roundtrip rides? If that is the case, why did they stop going to the DLH? Anyone know? :)

the only two stops for the monorail are tomorrowland, and DD/DLH. The TL stop is very close to the sub lagoon, and is part of the rehab/construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter