I'm Ordering a big BLT for Thanksgiving 2010 NEW 12/3 started TR! see link

I don't have any answers for the "moving resorts" questions, but I will chime in on packing the last day full and leaving the next morning. GO FOR IT!! We did it this past trip and it was great! We played all day at the park on Monday, then got up Tuesday, packed, ate breakfast at the resort, and caught the DME bus to the airport. It made for a very relaxing morning and we were able to fully enjoy our last park day. With airline tickets being significantly cheaper to fly out on a Tuesday, it made financial sense as well.

Can't wait to hear how things go and what you decide! :goodvibes

We always fly out in the morning too so our last park day ends up being a full park day. In April we have a 10:40am flight home so we'll be doing it again this year. It's nice to get home at a reasonable hour especially when the kids have school the next day. :thumbsup2

What to do ...What to do...hmmm...there are worse things to have to decide...:lmao:

I'm with Amy I'd add the night as long as it doen't play havoc with your tickets...but if you are just flying in and staying at Pop the first night...it seems like it should be ok...:confused3

I kind of like the idea of having that last day as a travel day...maybe you can get home at a reasonable time and not all be super tired the following day...hmmm...that's the way I felt last trip... trying to get every last drop of Disney goodness out...a nice breakfast might be nice though...you are right on the monorail so you have a plethora of possibilities...:thumbsup2

Here are my thoughts on POP... First - I'm glad you are adding it to the beginning and not the end. Like Matt said, it will be as if you had to stay overnight on the road before arriving. Moving from a 2BR at BLT to Pop would probably be very anticlimactic and not the best way to end your trip.

If you can work out the ticket issue, I would say it is worth it! Ideally you wake up at POP, pack up your stuff, locking your valuables away inside a big suitcase and head over to BLT. (Probably quicker by cab.) Check-in & get your park tickets then head to MK. I think taking advantage of the extra night to see some of the Christmas attractions would be amazing.

, but I will chime in on packing the last day full and leaving the next morning. GO FOR IT!! We did it this past trip and it was great! We played all day at the park on Monday, then got up Tuesday, packed, ate breakfast at the resort, and caught the DME bus to the airport. It made for a very relaxing morning and we were able to fully enjoy our last park day.

We always fly out in the morning too so our last park day ends up being a full park day. It's nice to get home at a reasonable hour especially when the kids have school the next day. :thumbsup2

I'm with Amy I'd add the night as long as it doen't play havoc with your tickets...but if you are just flying in and staying at Pop the first night...it seems like it should be ok...:confused3

I kind of like the idea of having that last day as a travel day...maybe you can get home at a reasonable time and not all be super tired the following day...hmmm...that's the way I felt last trip... trying to get every last drop of Disney goodness out...a nice breakfast might be nice though...you are right on the monorail so you have a plethora of possibilities...:thumbsup2

I have thought some more about it and have decided...I need to clarify up some things w/ this whole 2 ressie thing before Sunday's offical ressie make date....

as well I have thought more about how it would all play out....and as much as I'd like to say I am fully committed to the extra night and moving from 1 resort to the other I'm still a bit perplexed and overwhelmed...

Here are my still standing concerns the first set are what I plan to ask my DVC guide:

1) Split Stay and ADR concerns: we know we want to purchase the reg DDP for our stay...oringinally I was thinking based on flight in we may have 2 meals at Disney that day a QS lunch and a TS dinner...now w/ the Split stay for 1 night could we potentially have a DDP plan for one day and do the QSDDP instead just for the POP ressie? Then the BLT ressie 11-20 thru 11-28 have the reg DDP plan for 8 nights?

My ADR window can I make ADR's for the 20th staring w/ the first check-in or no? The 20th I want to get two ADR's 1 for BBB and 1 CRT

2) Split stay and checkin to BLT and Ticket concerns: we are not planning to start park days untill the 20th so I assume that off the BLT stay is how our tickets would start...now DH & I are planning to purchase annual passes and get 7 days PH for the kids...

How does check in work? if I want to be at MK pre-opening? can we checkin at BLT prior to 7:30 in the morning? would we recieve our new KTTW w/ the kids tickets that morning to be able to get into MK and then on to our BBB appointment?

3) Doi we need to move our own luggage, etc from POP to BLT? what would be the best transportation to switch resorts w/?

* will need to request our grocery serice order to arrive sometime on Sat 11-20

* Logistics of switching resorts and the HUGE desire to be at MK pre-opening

* will arriving home on Sunday 11-28 and the kids returning to school on Monday 11-29 be enough time to settle in before school?

Margaret is sick today so I'm going to put MMCH on the tv for her to watch after dropping the other 3 kids at school and try to get hold of my DVC guide to answer some of these questions....

Post w/ her reponses and my thoughts...

thanks to those who chimed in and helping me think this through...I think for me right now the whole switch over is my biggest concern cause the 20th our 2nd day is Margaret's b-day and I don't want the switch to mess up the morning w/ checking in to get the tickets for the kids....

hopefully Sue (my guide) will have some good ideas :idea:

thanks!

J~

So I had to call Matt just now on his way to work to ask where the nose bulb is (to clean the snot out of Margaret's sick nose) and we chatted quickly about the call I'm going to make about the possible split stay...and I knew the split stay would mean we are traveling home the Sunday after Thanksgiving....but then Matt was like wait!

The SUNDAY AFTER THANSGIVING....... :scared1:

now the whole extra night/day plan may be scratched because of the potential worst travel day in America :headache:

if weather or delays creep in we don't have a day to fall back on at home to allow the kids or Matt for that matter to recover before heading back to school....I'm already pulling them 1 day out on the 19th...don't think I should pull the Monday of the return...:headache:

when did my wonderful DVC ressie become such a pain....

still callin, and will ask if we decide to wait on deciding the extra day how hard is it to add it in and change things around or if we add it and decide we want to drop it how crazy is that?

Besides wanting that full last day the point of the final day to be just a travel day is to ensure a hopeful easy day home....not sure now if that is possible :confused:

and if we decide to leave on the 18th instead and make Sat 27th our final day...we don't gain anything as far as the Holiday stuff at Disney...

what is more important?

boo-hoo :sad2:

PS...someone tell me when should I expect Southwest to release schedule for end of November....January?

Scrappie

Sorry to hear Margaret is sick. :sick: Hope she feels better soon. :goodvibes

Also sorry to hear that your possible extra day would mean flying home ont he Sunday after Thanksgiving - that never occurred to me! :scared1:

I immediately thought of starting your vacation a day earlier - but then you promptly mentioned that you wouldn't get to take advantage of the extra holiday stuff... When does the holiday stuff start? :confused3 Is it all stuff you have to see at night? What if you started your vaca a day early then flew home late on Saturday? You wouldn't have Saturday night but you'd have the first half of Saturday? Just a thought...

We bought our April tickets in mid-October so it seems like they open new tickets about every two to three months. They are opening up tickets through mid-August tomorrow, so I would expect it would be 4 - 6 months before you'll be able to book your airfare if you want to fly on Southwest (my favorite). :thumbsup2 (If you click on travel tools on the Southwest website it tells you when the next batch of tickets will be released - check it tomorrow after they release the current batch.)

Can't wait to hear what your DVC CM has to say... popcorn::

Hi Julie!

I'm still not taking the time to post an update right now because, well, I don't have the time. I've got mid-year conference with Christian's teacher in a little over an hour.

But, I did want to stop by and say HI! I'm so excited you have a PTR. Part of the reason, I think, that I haven't been on mine much is that I don't have a trip to plan and it's a little sad (although very soon I guess I can start thinking about the Half Marathon in 2011). But I will try very hard to stay up to date with yours.

Notice I said TRY. I still haven't finished Missy's or Patricia's reports from last time. I WILL get caught up...one day.

I'm sorry this is all so complicated. I wish I could help, but I don't really know much, EXCEPT that I think the Holiday decorations are up long before the 18th. Seems to me this year it was like the 6th or something like that. I know the weekend of the 6th is the weekend that DisneyLAND filmed their part of the Christmas Parade, so I'm thinking that if Disneyland had Holiday stuff up, Disney World probably did too. Not sure when the Osborne lights start, but I'm pretty sure you'd still have lots of Christmas to see if you came in a day early.

Anyway, just wanted you to know I'm here. Hello :goodvibes to all of my other friends. I will so try to get over to your reports too.

Can't wait to hear what Sue says! :)

P.S. I hope Margaret is feeling better soon!

Sorry to hear Margaret is sick. :sick: Hope she feels better soon. :goodvibes

me too...she was up past 11 pm last night w/ ear pain, poor girl.

Also sorry to hear that your possible extra day would mean flying home ont he Sunday after Thanksgiving - that never occurred to me! :scared1:

I immediately thought of starting your vacation a day earlier - but then you promptly mentioned that you wouldn't get to take advantage of the extra holiday stuff... When does the holiday stuff start? :confused3 Is it all stuff you have to see at night? What if you started your vaca a day early then flew home late on Saturday? You wouldn't have Saturday night but you'd have the first half of Saturday? Just a thought...

the original plan was to leave as late as we could on Sat 11-28 like you say above and the overal Chriatmas things will be out, so we'll see all of that it's just that the main big stuff (Osborne Lights, Santas, & Candelight Proccessional all begin the day after thanksgiving and two of those things are night events. If we leave Sat, then we'll have to pack both Osborne and CLP into one night the day after Thanksgiving

(If you click on travel tools on the Southwest website it tells you when the next batch of tickets will be released - check it tomorrow after they release the current batch.)

we defintely want to fly SW again...and will hold out till they release the dates. that is a good idea I will check tomorrow, I wnet on their site yesterday hoping they may tell you when...4 months though :eek: don't know how well that works w/ my OCD plan the big stuff immediately planning brain.

Can't wait to hear what your DVC CM has to say... popcorn::

Hi Julie!

HI HEATHER!!! and :welcome: I'm so glad you said hi, hope you are well :hug:

I'm still not taking the time to post an update right now because, well, I don't have the time. I've got mid-year conference with Christian's teacher in a little over an hour.

send me an email if you can and let me know how it goes...I'm going to schedule one w/ Michael's teacher after break too...his second quarter of school has been tough!

EXCEPT that I think the Holiday decorations are up long before the 18th.

I'm pretty sure you'd still have lots of Christmas to see if you came in a day early.

Yes like I said to Amy, I know we'll see decorations but I want to see that other fun stuff too AND be there for the girls b-days AND have a good travel experience home....am I expecting too much?:confused:

Can't wait to hear what Sue says! :)

P.S. I hope Margaret is feeling better soon!

Left a vm for Sue...they al very very busy down there w/ tours and such I guess so I haven't heard back, but she is so great about returning calls. I left all my questions on her vm so if she calls and I'm not here we don't have to play phone tag.

and thanks for the well wishes for Margaret...

I'll post again after i talk to Sue and maybe what DH and I decide, based on that....

Scrappie J~

Hello! Scrappie
subbing in--our family is returning in Nov 2010, too! :yay:CONGRATUALTIONS!!! ON BLT!
it is wonderful that your new home is BLT!!! :yay: :yay:

Holiday decorations go up in the beginning of November now...I am currently following a TR her family went the week before Thanksgiving and everything was set up!!! I'll give you the link(Mickeyis Beast) A CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE FULL OF SURPRISES...as for posting your links on the first pg of my PTR you will find a link that helps you throughHOW TO ADD A TABLE OF CONTENT...

If I were going to add the extra day I would do it at the beginning for the same reasons Matt had concerns about.... and I like the idea of starting at the POP at moving to the BLT what a step up!!! :woohoo:

Looking forward to planning along with you!!
:santa: :wave2: Connie

Hello! Scrappie
subbing in--our family is returning in Nov 2010, too! :yay:CONGRATUALTIONS!!! ON BLT!
it is wonderful that your new home is BLT!!! :yay: :yay:

A new Friend...:welcome: Connie, I know I have seen your name around on these boards too

Holiday decorations go up in the beginning of November now...I am currently following a TR her family went the week before Thanksgiving and everything was set up!!! I'll give you the link(Mickeyis Beast) A CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE FULL OF SURPRISES...as for posting your links on the first pg of my PTR you will find a link that helps you throughHOW TO ADD A TABLE OF CONTENT...

thanks for the links...I will check it out...I love reading my friends reports, but it is great to read about people who are planning or have been during this time of yr too!

If I were going to add the extra day I would do it at the beginning for the same reasons Matt had concerns about.... and I like the idea of starting at the POP at moving to the BLT what a step up!!! :woohoo:

Looking forward to planning along with you!!
:santa: :wave2: Connie

thanks...and do our dates overlap at all...it would be fun to see how many Disers will be there next yr and have a big Dis meet at some attraction!

I love to plan some I hope you'll have lots of FUN w/ me...

Scrappie

HI Scrappie! Guess who is taking a nap and let Mommy get an update up!

Sorry I wasn't around to help out with the extra day thing....I should just give you my phone number so I could be OCDing with you!

HI Scrappie! Guess who is taking a nap and let Mommy get an update up!

Sorry I wasn't around to help out with the extra day thing....I should just give you my phone number so I could be OCDing with you!

I'll check it out first thing in the morning, just getting home form a 4 hr dr appt for the twins...:faint:

yes that would be fun to chat "in person" :hyper2:

well don't know if Sue called or not while we were out, cause apparently my phone was on/off the hook for over 5 hrs....:eek:

first :welcome: to Gabrielsbigtrip (carol), glad you are here...and thanks :hug:

to Amy and her well wishes...

my youngest DD Margaret was in the hosipital for a few days w/ pnemonia complications but is getting better :goodvibes

This past week has been crazy and unfortunatley it seems so down in DVC headquarters at WDW too...I have not touched base w/ Sue our guide yet to answer those questions: split stay POP 1 night BLT rest of nights...so neither have DH and I thought of it much since Tuesday afternoon. And it just dawned on me today that today was suppose to BE THE DAY!!!!

I assume I could just fumble through my first DVC ressie and call MS myself...but it would be nice to have my hand held on this one.

I just left a message for Sue...so once I hear from her and we get something done. I'll update again...hopefully before Christmas...but right now even as much as I love Disney and looking forward to our next trip there...more important things are in need of my attention.

Be back soon....

thanks

J~

Joining in!!!

I love the idea of the last day being purely a travel day. Although, it's so tempting to try to squeeze in just a little more Disney magic.

No worries Julie.....you have a lot going on right now, Disney can wait for you to call.

I think I have found the secret to the best plans for the last day at Disney....when I get that far in my own TR I'll reveal it !:lmao:

Hi Julie... I noticed that no one commented on the ticket aspect of your split-stay decision, so let me chime in on that... since you're doing a DVC ressie, you won't have the option of a ticket package like you get w/ cash ressies. You're going to have to purchase your tickets separately - the concierge desk can add them to the KTTW cards, but they won't be pre-loaded that way. If you do the split stay, you could just wait to add the tickets to KTTW cards until you move to BLT, or you could add them at POP, then have them transferred to the new KTTW cards once you move over to BLT.

I hope you called tonight to make your reservation. DVC ressies are a breeze to make with Member Services... I never even thought to call our guide for help or advice the first time around!

Joining in!!!

I love the idea of the last day being purely a travel day. Although, it's so tempting to try to squeeze in just a little more Disney magic.

Hi and :welcome: Native NYer

yes this will be a new game plan for the last day of one of our trips...and I agree it will be hard not to squezze in a little more park time...but hopefully some last minute BLT time will make up for it ;)

Hi Julie... I noticed that no one commented on the ticket aspect of your split-stay decision, so let me chime in on that... since you're doing a DVC ressie, you won't have the option of a ticket package like you get w/ cash ressies. You're going to have to purchase your tickets separately - the concierge desk can add them to the KTTW cards, but they won't be pre-loaded that way. If you do the split stay, you could just wait to add the tickets to KTTW cards until you move to BLT, or you could add them at POP, then have them transferred to the new KTTW cards once you move over to BLT.

I hope you called tonight to make your reservation. DVC ressies are a breeze to make with Member Services... I never even thought to call our guide for help or advice the first time around!

Hi and :welcome: michellem

thanks for joining in and mentioning the tip about the tickets and vote of confidence for this newbie DVC member....making a reg ressie, buying a package or tickets, etc...is old dog for me...so I feel like this all new ground for me...don't want to make some dumb DVC rookie mistake on our first trip home :rolleyes:

No worries Julie.....you have a lot going on right now, Disney can wait for you to call.

I think I have found the secret to the best plans for the last day at Disney....when I get that far in my own TR I'll reveal it !:lmao:

Thanks friend...oohhh I can't wait to hear the "best plans for the last day"...I bet it is good :cool1:

PS...the making of my BLT and order of POP did happen :thumbsup2 I'll post all about it real soon!

going to the doctors this morning in hopes to ward off some worse :sick: in me...

Scrappie J~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!