<font color=cc3366>Tries hard to get the jelly off
Link to 2006 trip report

Cast

Me Jackie Planner
DH Michael
DS Aidan 17
DS Micheal 10 other planner

Oct 07
this holiday was planned before we even got home last time as we rebooked onboard the Disney Magic last year
:cool1: :cool1: We are booked on the double dip to castaway Cay :cool1: :cool1:
Joined the Dis Cruise Meet Thread straight after we got home , and the planning started :banana:

Nov 07
decided that I wanted direct flights this time as we were traveling nearly 24 hours last time before we got to WDW
got a good price on the way out but on the return flight it was crazy money :scared1: so looked at a stop over , so of couse if we were doing that :rolleyes1 might as well have a few days in New York again to visit freinds
So we are flying direct from Dublin to MCO on the 16th Oct 08 :yay: :yay:

March 08
As DVC member we could have booked our home resort SSR at 11 months but decided that I would like to try some where different , was on a wait list last time that never came through :guilty: so decided to wait this time and try and book at 7 months
this meant phoning each day at 1pm our time , was only able to get a 1 bedroom at the BCV for the first 6 nights only so we are moving to the WLV for the other 3 nights to a studio , still on a wait list for a 1 bedroom
Really looking forward to staying at both resorts :yay: :yay:
got to love our DVC :love:

April 08
as the dollar rate was so high decided to try and get everything paid off early
So paid off the balance of the cruise and decided to get AP's too
trying to decide weather to go to MNSSHP this time ,
Love getting post from Disney

for the next few months spent most of the time on the Cruise Meet :surfweb: planning and making friends with everyone who's cruising with us
Sat and Thur night are chat room nights have had quict a few late nights there :laughing:

August 08
time to book our excursion for the cruise
not this was a late night as booking started at 12pm US time 5 am here as I was working until 3am decided to stay up
lucky enough my dis friends were up to ,to keep me awake and watched the sunrise was able to get all booked excepted wasn't able to get brucnh or high tea at Palos , but will try when we get onboard

Sept 08
finally decided to book the car
we are picking up at the Airport and dropping off at the port
then getting the DCL bus back to the airport before flying to New York

For the NY part of our trip we have the hotel booked stopping for 3 days and then heading home :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

Sounds like a fantastic trip :goodvibes

Thanks everyone :thumbsup2
I love reading everyone elses pre trip and trip reports so decided I will try and do one myself this time

So now I have only 24 days to go
the countdown started nearly a year ago :scared1: where has that year gone :scared1:
DS came home last week telling me its only 2 months to his 18th Birthday and I was so disappointed becauce that means our hoilday is over
Keep telling him the cruise is his 18th birthday preasent , and he keeps saying stop trying to full yourself "Its you that wants to go cruising "
well I can always try :rotfl2: one of the reasons we booked again this year is it will be his last time to go to the teen club onboard

well here is what we have planned so far
leave the house about 4am , could go the evening before but decided to spend the extra day in NY instead ,4 hour drive to the airport , park car , check in etc plane leaves before 12,
if we have no delays we should be in the BCV about 6pm so plan to have a walk around Epcot that evening and watch the fireworks , great start to the holidays :banana: :banana: :banana:
Last time we had lots of delays didn't get to our room until nearly 11PM so it was straight to bed , still awake at 5am :headache:

***WDW***

Not much planned for this part of the trip , booked a few ADR's
Cape May Cafe first morning
Le Cellier Have never been here before so looking forward to this one Whispering Cafe and Crystal Palace
The boys are playing Golf one day DS just likes driving the golf cart :confused3
We have AP's this time so will just go as we feel like
Hoping to use our US / IOA tickets this time too Have them for over 3 years now After all the times we have been to Florida never been there yet :rotfl2:
Can't decide if we will do MNSSHP this time either , There is 3 / 4 partys dueing the time we are there so will play this by ear
have done the party before
We are going to try the new Water Park at Sea World too
so after reading this I have quite alot planned :lmao:

Next up the Cruise Planning :scared1:

It sounds like you've got an amazing trip planned Jackie. I can't wait to hear all about it :thumbsup2

**** Cruise plans ****7 Night Double Dipping on the Disney Magic ****

As I have said before this was booked last year on board the Disney Magic As we didn't get to Castaway Cay last time due to the weather 20 foot waves and T Storm Noal we decided to go on the double dip to Castaway Cay this time

There was 4 of us lining up the last day to rebook for the same cruise again this year , but 2 of them has had to cancel
we got a really good deal plus some on borad credit to spend too , we were not able to get the same stateroom but we are only 5 doors down from it

once I got home was on the boards looking for our cruise meet , which I most have visited at least twice every day since :surfweb:
great group cruising with us this year again :banana: :banana: can't wait to meet up with everyone :hug: :hug:
Haven't been able to join in the chat room as much as I would have like but with the time difference its the wee hours in the morning here but I've had a few late nights
We have lots of great things planned as a group
between trick and treating for the kids and fish extenders gifts , Pirates night photo and our Martini tasting /chatroom met , we will be kept busy

Our cruise takes us to Cozumel and Grand Cayman this time and we have booked our excusions with Disney , we are doing the Eco-Park and snorkel on Cozumel starting at 7.45:scared1: and the Aquaboat and snorkel on Grand Cayman better time midday , have booked the Para sailing on CC too but haven't really decided if we will do it yet
Got a few Spas booked too , DS decided to treat me for my Birthday :love:

we got Palos booked for dinner but was really hoping for Brunch or high tea , will try to change when on board :wizard:

We have got all the gear from last year for Pirates night , will see how the packing goes if I'll take it or maybe buy new stuff when we are over there , can't be wearing the same clothes again for the photos :rotfl2:
and we have Halloween to dress up for too

so I think thats all the plans for the cruise part

****New York next****
well might as well do that now
Only thing booked is the hotel :confused3 :confused3

Thanks everyone for reading :hug: :hug:
will be fun to read this after the holiday and see how many of my plans work out :laughing: :laughing:

Your cruise sounds great :goodvibes

Your plans sound fantastic Jackie. I can't wait to read more. :surfweb:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

At last one of my fellow cruisers has started a trip report - yoo hoo Jackie :yay:

I can't believe how close it is all getting now! Brilliant start to your trip report - you certainly sound far more organised than me! Really looking forward to meeting you in person!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

At last one of my fellow cruisers has started a trip report - yoo hoo Jackie :yay:

I can't believe how close it is all getting now! Brilliant start to your trip report - you certainly sound far more organised than me! Really looking forward to meeting you in person!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
I know it will be here in no time
don't know about been more organised then you
started to design some posters for our stateroom door today
got one done :rotfl2: might have to make do with some from last years

need to get the gifts finished too , was planning on doing them too but that one poster took ages
finishedsign1-1.jpg

Hi do you live in Irland? My Family is from Irland. My name was Horrigan!
You can't get more Irish then that!!!:cool1:
Where are you all going to stay at WDW?

We just came back from WDW in Sept. we stayed at POP Sept. 1-10th.
We had a wonderful time!! Wish we could go back for Christmas!
But we can't.:sad2:

I sure hope you all have a wonderful time!!:flower3:

Hi do you live in Irland? My Family is from Irland. My name was Horrigan!
You can't get more Irish then that!!!:cool1:
Where are you all going to stay at WDW?

We just came back from WDW in Sept. we stayed at POP Sept. 1-10th.
We had a wonderful time!! Wish we could go back for Christmas!
But we can't.:sad2:

I sure hope you all have a wonderful time!!:flower3:

Hi from Ireland :wave2:
Thanks for stopping by
we are from Donegal ,sorry no Horrigan any where near us

I 'll sure you will have a graet Christmas where ever you are

most check out from trip report

:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: getting really excited only 19 days to go :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

so much still to do the more I read the thread meet the more I find that I have to done :scared1:
Got all the paperwork done that I can at this stage
done the online check in for the cruise and fill in all our details with the flights :surfweb: so that 1 thing off the list
still no luck with our wait list for a 1 bedroom at the WLV

I bet these next 19 days will go so slowwwwwwwwwwwwly and the following 19 days will fly by and then we are back home doing the :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

Hi :wave: Jackie.
Glad you are doing a trip report this time.
I can't believe how close it is to your trip. I remember how excited I was this time last year. I wish we were cruising again. You will have to have some extra fun on Halloween just for me. :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter