I'm confused (again!)

grumpyann

Earning My Ears
DH and I recently bought 200 pts. at VWL, Sept. use year, also Magical Beginnings. We haven't closed yet (hopefully 3/28). So, as of 9/2002, I'll have 300 pts. because I banked the 100 MB points (using the handy little form sent with the closing documents). Here's my dilemma. I called MS to book VWL in November, but I couldn't make the reservation - not because I haven't closed yet, but because I can't use the 100 MB points until after I close. (I need 282 points for the reservation). MS says I don't have enough points to make the reservation. I explained that I DID bank the points by filling out the form. MS said I couldn't make the reservation, because of "a technicality", and told me to call my guide to see if the guide could somehow make an exception, or something like that. Does this sound right to you guys? I guess I don't why MS can't confirm that I've banked the MB points. Thanks in advance for any help.

Its not that they can't confirm yourbanked points. The policy is that you are able to make reservations before you close. The points for those reservations must be current use year points. Banked points or points you intend to borrow can not be used before you close.

Maybe your guide can get an exception made, I don't think so, but maybe.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

I would ask to talk to someone else. We are currently in the process of closing. Actually just received my paperwork today. Our use year is also September. We also purchased 200 points and used magical beginnings for a total of 300 points. When I talked to Vacation Club Guide, I told here we already new when we wanted to go. She went ahead and held our reservation for us and made sure they understood we were banking points from Magical Beginnings. The next day I called member reservation and just confirmed. They said when I called I had 300 points to use come September 1st. My reservation is for 220 points total. The only thing my vacation guide said was to make sure I signed my banking slip when and send it in when it came with my membership or things could get fouled up.

Hope this helps :)

We are in the same situation. We just booked HH for Sept. and are still waiting to close. MS told us we had to book the ressie with the 2001 points, b/c we hadn't closed yet so they had no record of our banked 2000 points. MS did say that once we closed, I could call back and change the point usage to designate that I'm using my banked 2000 point rather than my current 2001 points. I spoke to 2 different people at MS -- hopefully they are not missleading me.

Thanks very much for your replies. More questions: Should I make a reservation now for Su-Th with my 2001 points, and then add Fri-Sat after I close? And will MS automatically reconfigure my points so that the 2000 points are used up first? The CM at MS "promises" (his word) that I'll be able to make the complete reservation after I close at the end of March. Sorry to be so obsessive, but I've finally convinced my non-traveling parents (people who've never traveled further than Southern New Hampshire!) to come to WDW for Dad's 70th birthday, and now I can't make the darn reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter