I'm bummed - Poly is booked for June

Marty Joe

DIS Veteran
For anyone shooting for mid to late June at the Polynesian, be thinking of PLAN B! I didn't have a PLAN B. I've always said that if we can't stay at the Poly - we're not going! Well, I'm told that we ARE going and that I need to come up with something I can live with. Turns out, the Grand Floridian is booked up at this time too so my PLAN B just got shot in the butt. I just waited too long and it is my fault...:charac2:

Sorry to hear about that.

Are you the least bit flexible with your dates?

Sometimes if you move your trip forward or back by just one day there will be a room available. Or have you tried a travel agent who specializes in Disney?

I'm sorry :(

You could check other resorts..like the moderate..It might not be what you're looking for, but, atleast you would be there! ..and, the resorts aren't EVERYTHING..

Sorry to hear that.. I'm hearing thru the grapevine that Poly is well booked thru mid-August right now. So if its any consolation.. you are definitely not alone.

Knox

I have cruncked all kinds of numbers (date wise) and it is not working. I have stayed at AllStar Music, CBR, and the Poly (11 times), and I am flexable with resorts (thats my story!), but I have told DW and DD that I will be rolling my eyes and shaking my head a lot :sad2: . And yes - the Poly IS everything (to me)...

Sounds like you'll need to call every day to check on any possible cancellations. Anyone booking a package has to pay 45 days out so there may be a cancellation or two. I've also heard that canceled rooms go back into the system overnight so calling early in the AM might help.

Otherwise, start looking at other resorts (maybe those by Epcot will surprise you)!

Sounds like you'll need to call every day to check on any possible cancellations. Anyone booking a package has to pay 45 days out so there may be a cancellation or two. I've also heard that canceled rooms go back into the system overnight so calling early in the AM might help.

Otherwise, start looking at other resorts (maybe those by Epcot will surprise you)!

Yes, please keep trying for cancellations! Six weeks ago, we booked a lagoon view room at the Poly (we wanted garden view but they were sold out) for May 22-29. I just called again first thing this morning (6:00 a.m. Central Time) and was able to get that garden view room, and at an AP rate of $284 per night! Never hurts to keep trying. :thumbsup2

I understand how you feel. I REALLY wanted Poly, but it was booked (end of April). My next choice was CR, and it was booked. We choose WL. I was very disappointed that I didn't get Poly or CR, but as time has passed, I'm excited about the WL. It will be a new experience.

My best advice is to find things that will make you excited about the resort that you do book. Just being something different can make it fun.

I'm sure your stay will be magical either way.

Would you consider trying BC, YC, or BWI? We also love Poly but find we're more in love with the Epcot resort area. You can walk right in to Epcot countries in a matter of 5-10 minutes. It's wonderful to have so many eating options within walking distance, including the Boardwalk too. You can also walk or boat to MGM. And if you are a huge fan of the monorail, you can plan a morning in Epcot and then just scoot on the monorail over to MK. It's a very beautiful area over in the Epcot resort loop. You should check it out.

I appreciate all your feedback! I will be calling every morning. The YC and BC is something I/we could live with. Last year we went to the Wilderness Lodge on a sightseeing trip. We rode there on one of the boats (open air launch) and there were bugs everywhere. We sat on them, sat back on the bench on them, they were in our hair, our clothes had bug goo on them It got to the point were it was funny (to me). I asked DW if WL was an option. I can't tell you what she said here but I will send it telepathicly if your interested:lmao:

What are your dates in June?

ETA: I'm finding availability at Poly for June but don't know the exact dates to search.

Try checking with Expedia and AAA - they sometimes have hotels when others are not available thru the CRO.

Just and idea and its been my exp in the past.

I just checked and theres a garden view available the 10-21 of june at the poly

Try checking with Expedia and AAA - they sometimes have hotels when others are not available thru the CRO.

Just and idea and its been my exp in the past.

Yeah I was finding availability on travelocity, so try those travel sites OP.

Ok so I looked at the disney site and Jun 1-14 they show availability in a garden view room. Then maybe any dates after that you could just book through traveloicity which is showing availability for everyday in June. GOOD LUCK!!

hahah ok actually this is really werid but now there is availability from June 1- 18 but only if you put in those dates and not shorter time periods. I would call and make the ressies for the 1- whenever and then jsut call back and modify the dates so you can get the room you want..!!!!!!( thats the disney site) I hope that helps

That's why I always book the Poly way ahead of time! I don't want to be stuck without a room there. Sorry to hear for you though. We will be there mid to end of June but booked months ago. I also booked my October trip to the Poly months ago! Maybe something will open up for you soon.

So I guess it's no AP for Polynesian in June. Bummer:sad2:

There wasn't any AP rates for the Poly last June either. I had to stick with the AAA rate. The Poly books up so quickly that they really don't have to offer anything. Never give up hope though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter