I'm Back..

AllyGirlie

<font color=blue>Si tu savais...<font color=purple
From WDW!! Woo-hoo! I think I set my expectations a little high though. Before leaving, I watched so many shows and read so many things about Disney at Christmas, that when I got there, well, it wasn't as grand as I thought it would be. But whatever. I loved it and had an awesome time. On Christmas day we went to Magic Kingdom, and we were told all these horrible things about the crowds and lines. Well we didn't have a problem, we walked on to every single ride in the park with little to no wait (even the rides in fantasyland, which is amazing..). It wasn't until later in the day that it got crowded (my guess is that most people did their own Christmas thing in the morning, then went to the parks). We even found the paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island! That was a first. So we got fast passes to Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. Hmm.. what else.. I don't want to bore you with all the details so I'll stop there. That's just one day, if you want to know more, let me know..

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

That sounds AWESOME! Bore us with details, are you kidding??? This is a DISNEY board for DISNEY fanatics! Tell us all!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Pleassse post the details! Or I will post my details of a trip I had long ago. And heck, that would be rude of me.... this your topic xD

Babyjustrun said:
Pleassse post the details! Or I will post my details of a trip I had long ago. And heck, that would be rude of me.... this your topic xD

oh no, it def wouldn't be! this is what we do on the DIS...someone starts a topic, and we go off of it!

we'd love details on ur trip too!

K then ^__^

I went very late in April to around the 13 of May or something like that. It was beautiful the whole time we were away, only rained the first day when we were wandering the Poly waiting for our room and it rained the night before we left when we were leaving the Outback Steakhouse. We went to Disney for four days (only three in teh park) and 4 days on the cruise and 7 days in a pool home. We didn't get to see a lot of Epcot, but my brother and my dad got on Spaceship Earth twice because the first time my mum and I said it was Mission: Space so we didn't want to get on it. So we came back and we went in and waited for them. Well we soon realized what it was, and thought they would kill us. Instead they made us sit through it again. It was wonderful. We didn't see anything in the pavilions, we saw O Canada! to see how accurate it was. It was at least twenty years out of date. And I was sad when I saw the merch they were selling: lumber jack hats. Our apparel is the same as Americans, except we have Roots. Anyways, and then we went to Japan and I got a Sanrio money pouch. We saw Illuminations twice, because it was was teh shizz.
We spent a few hours in Magic Kingdom, did the mountains (Splash Mountain twice thanks to this really nice guy who had extra fast passes because his wife was in a wheelchair). We were tired, and just left afterwards. It was hot, and there was nothing else we wanted to see really.
MGM was awesome. Tower Of Terror was my least favorite there...
Animal Kingdom was awesome too, but It's Tough To Be A Bug bothered me. I was sitting with my legs up on my seat (I was soaked from going down Kali River Rapids twice, the second backwards) because the night before we had gone to see Honey I Shrunk The Audience. So I expected something behind my legs. Of course, I was wrong and it was in the seat. I was not happy.
Cruise was awesome too, I spent every evening in the movie theatre, and walked around the ship thousands of times. I loved deck four of the Wonder simply because that's where everything was. I was sorta loner, I didn't make any friends. I sat beside some girls who said I looked like Lindsay Lohan during Who Wants To Be A Mousketeer. Nassau was disgusting, and I hate being called Princess or Honey.

Alrighty then..
Just so you know I went with my mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents and aunt.. we were there December 22-30

Day 1 (December 22):
We had nothing planned because we weren't supposed to leave until that night but the plane schedule got screwed around with and we ended up leaving in the morning. When we got to Disney, we fussed around until we got the rooms we wanted and then we went to Downtown Disney and went shopping :goodvibes. Fun..but as usual my family got split up and ended up waiting outside the store for like a half hour for my family to come around. We ate at Wolfgang Puck's which I enjoyed but the rest of my family didn't so I never heard the end of it. Then went back to the room and slept. Oh we did decorate the balconies with garland and lights (My sister and I did a very nice job if I do say so myself..)

To be continued..

AllyGirlie said:
Alrighty then..
Just so you know I went with my mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents and aunt.. we were there December 22-30

Day 1 (December 22):
We had nothing planned because we weren't supposed to leave until that night but the plane schedule got screwed around with and we ended up leaving in the morning. When we got to Disney, we fussed around until we got the rooms we wanted and then we went to Downtown Disney and went shopping :goodvibes. Fun..but as usual my family got split up and ended up waiting outside the store for like a half hour for my family to come around. We ate at Wolfgang Puck's which I enjoyed but the rest of my family didn't so I never heard the end of it. Then went back to the room and slept. Oh we did decorate the balconies with garland and lights (My sister and I did a very nice job if I do say so myself..)

To be continued..

DECORATE YOUR ROOM???

How cool is THAT???

And thanks for all the details Babyjustrun!

You know why I love reading these? Because I KNOW exactly what everyone is talking about! It is TOO cool!

i wish i coulda done that! but my parents refuse to vacation during the holidays. so we go during 'spring break' (canadians don't have spring break, they have march break) and endure early closures of Magic Kingdom due to Grad Nite.

You know why I love reading these? Because I KNOW exactly what everyone is talking about! It is TOO cool!
I know! It's awesome to be able to know this stuff. I love being able to talk to my friends who have been to Florida too. Before I went last year, I could never join in their conversations, I would just sit and listen.

*EWooWDW* said:
AllyGirlie said:
We even found the paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island!
Welcome back!

Where'd ya find them. I keep looking but I still haven't one.

You have to go there first thing in the morning, when Tom Sawyer Island opens. The cast members hide 4 paintbrushes on the island. They aren't hidden in hard places, they're just simply placed somewhere, plus the handles on them are painted bright red and blue which makes them easy to see. We found 2. The one I found (red handle) was laying on a barrel just inside the doorway of one of the mills (I don't remember which one) and the one my sister found (blue handle) was in the fort. It was upstairs and laying on one of the stands by the guns. You bring them back to the cast member on the boat and you get fast passes to splash mountain or thunder mountain.

AllyGirlie said:
You have to go there first thing in the morning, when Tom Sawyer Island opens. The cast members hide 4 paintbrushes on the island. They aren't hidden in hard places, they're just simply placed somewhere, plus the handles on them are painted bright red and blue which makes them easy to see. We found 2. The one I found (red handle) was laying on a barrel just inside the doorway of one of the mills (I don't remember which one) and the one my sister found (blue handle) was in the fort. It was upstairs and laying on one of the stands by the guns. You bring them back to the cast member on the boat and you get fast passes to splash mountain or thunder mountain.

Personally...I'd keep the paintbrushes for keepsakes...

I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island...my mom won't let us :confused3 She doesn't like the buggy woods and stuff.....

Princess Ash said:
Personally...I'd keep the paintbrushes for keepsakes...

I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island...my mom won't let us :confused3 She doesn't like the buggy woods and stuff.....

I was considering keeping the paintbrush, afterall I had my purse with me :teeth:. But if I kept it I would be depriving all the other children the opportunity to feel the excitement of finding the paintbrush..wow I am a good bull artist..really though my mom wouldn't let me keep it. Tom Sawyer Island isn't that woody or buggy. It has pretty wide paths and most of it is Disney created. It's really cool you should go there even if you go by yourself.

i just went also...
Disney is so awesome at Christmas time. Well, it is awesome any time. But more so at Christmas.

Okay well as for writing what I did each day while at Disney, isn't really going to work out. With the exception of the first day and Christmas day all the other days I was there kind of blurred together. I remember all the things I did but can't really remember what day they happened. I know I probably sound crazy, but that's the way it is..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter