I'm BAACK!! Moms dream vacation a success! Trippie is COMPLETE tons of pics... 1/21

I'm so loving your report! Your pictures are fantastic, I feel like I'm right there with you!!

You and your mom look like you had such a blast! Looking forward to more popcorn::

I don't know how I missed the actual TR updates!!! Oh Well, I am here now!!!!
You are doing grreat!! I love the pics of you and your mom!!!
and the pics of you and your friend. Especially the wet one!!!:rotfl:
WOW, hardly a wait!!! How cool is that?!!
I like your Pirates Tutorial pics and since you like Cap'Jack I will only say one thing. You will be glad you are reading my TR. We like him too!!!! He's really cool and I would like to say more, but that would ruin my TR!!!:rotfl:
Keep it coming!!!!:goodvibes

Disneygirl, am loving your report and your pics of you and your Mom and of Captain jack!!! Some of your castle pictures are awesome.Dad sure lent you a terrific camera! Can't wait for the next installment!

Dude, your pictures are AMAZING! I seriously have to take photography lessons from you. All of my lit-up-Castle pictures came out so blurry. (I actually just saved one of yours to my desktop cause it was so gorgeous!)

It sounds like you had so much fun, and hit all of my favorite rides, too!

And yeah, I was totally about to call you out on the thumbs up for Disney pizza, Jersey girl! Between your hood and mine (Brooklyn) we've got the best pizza this side of Naples. :cheer2: But it looks like you already know that! ;)

Great update!!

Those omelets and biscuits look yummy...

Everyone complains about that coffee so much and supposedly Disney lurks on here, you think someone would get the message and try a new brand:confused3

Love the pic of you and the guy playing Pirates..that was too funny:rotfl2:

I too have never seen any of the POTC Movies.....So, I had no idea who Mack was. So, when I saw you say Mack, I thought you were joking and calling Jack that, as everyone says He is hot, and thought you were saying he was the Mack, like a MACK DADDY:lmao:

Great character pics. Sounds like you are doing great getting on all the rides....

We had never been on the Jungle cruise before, never really had any interest in it..We went on it this year on a whim and OMG, that is now one of my fav rides...our skipper was hilarious:rotfl2:

I forgot..I LOVED that pic of Mack close up in the camera......:scared1:

Okay, on to read the next update:thumbsup2

Great Part 2 update!!

That is so cool you got to see Lady Tremaine and her daughters..:goodvibes

I have not been on Country Bear in ages...I hear it is really outdate, but I still wanna see:goodvibes

That Mickey Ice Cream Bar looks yummy:love:

WOW...That castle is amazing....I hope they do that again. I would love to see it sometime:thumbsup2

I have beem looking at your mom thinking, gosh, she looks someone....

So after racking my brain for a little bit, she reminds me of Marilu Henner..... I sweae there is another actress too, that she looks more like, but I am drawing a blank at the moment:goodvibes

Great Part 3 update!!!

Wow....you sure did get wet on Splash:rotfl2:

all of your castle shots are amazing!!!!!!

Glad your phone was okay:goodvibes

I'm so loving your report! Your pictures are fantastic, I feel like I'm right there with you!!
You and your mom look like you had such a blast! Looking forward to more

Thanks tinkerbell!! :) We definitely had a great time!

I don't know how I missed the actual TR updates!!! Oh Well, I am here now!!!!
You are doing grreat!! I love the pics of you and your mom!!!
and the pics of you and your friend. Especially the wet one!!!:
WOW, hardly a wait!!! How cool is that?!!
I like your Pirates Tutorial pics and since you like Cap'Jack I will only say one thing. You will be glad you are reading my TR. We like him too!!!! He's really cool and I would like to say more, but that would ruin my TR!!!
Keep it coming!!!!:goodvibes

It's ok LeeLee! ohhhh...now you have me on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about this Pirate story!!! pirate:

Disneygirl, am loving your report and your pics of you and your Mom and of Captain jack!!! Some of your castle pictures are awesome.Dad sure lent you a terrific camera! Can't wait for the next installment!

Thanks!! Yeah, I definitely LOVE this camera! I was guarding it with my life when i was down there. I'm kind of sad I have to give it back to him tomorrow when I see him! :( Think he'll notice if I 'forget'? hehehehe

Dude, your pictures are AMAZING! I seriously have to take photography lessons from you. All of my lit-up-Castle pictures came out so blurry. (I actually just saved one of yours to my desktop cause it was so gorgeous!)

It sounds like you had so much fun, and hit all of my favorite rides, too!

And yeah, I was totally about to call you out on the thumbs up for Disney pizza, Jersey girl! Between your hood and mine (Brooklyn) we've got the best pizza this side of Naples. :cheer2: But it looks like you already know that! ;)

Thanks katie! You should have seen the AMOUNT of photos I deleted though! it took hundreds more horribly blurry pics to actually get a few that were decent!

Ohhh...and don't worry about the pizza thing... I will NEVER say that was good pizza! :) It tasted good...but I don't consider it pizza! Just like Dominoes isn't pizza... it's just dominoes :lmao:

Great update!!

Those omelets and biscuits look yummy...

Everyone complains about that coffee so much and supposedly Disney lurks on here, you think someone would get the message and try a new brand:confused3

Love the pic of you and the guy playing Pirates..that was too funny:rotfl2:

I too have never seen any of the POTC Movies.....So, I had no idea who Mack was. So, when I saw you say Mack, I thought you were joking and calling Jack that, as everyone says He is hot, and thought you were saying he was the Mack, like a MACK DADDY:lmao:

Great character pics. Sounds like you are doing great getting on all the rides....

We had never been on the Jungle cruise before, never really had any interest in it..We went on it this year on a whim and OMG, that is now one of my fav rides...our skipper was hilarious:rotfl2:

I forgot..I LOVED that pic of Mack close up in the camera......:scared1:

Okay, on to read the next update:thumbsup2

rumor has it that they're supposed to be switching back to normal coffee grinds and not that syrupy stuff. nescafe's contract is up soon i think? cross your fingers!

i've been craving biscuits all week! AHH!!!!!

hahahaha... the Jack I saw a few days after Day 2 was definitely the Mack Daddy... wait until you see pictures!!! :love:

gasp! you had never been on jungle cruise before?!?! my gosh!! haha...glad you love it now though!

Great Part 2 update!!
That is so cool you got to see Lady Tremaine and her daughters..:goodvibes
I have not been on Country Bear in ages...I hear it is really outdate, but I still wanna see:goodvibes
That Mickey Ice Cream Bar looks yummy:love:
WOW...That castle is amazing....I hope they do that again. I would love to see it sometime:thumbsup2
I have beem looking at your mom thinking, gosh, she looks someone....
So after racking my brain for a little bit, she reminds me of Marilu Henner..... I sweae there is another actress too, that she looks more like, but I am drawing a blank at the moment:goodvibes

Ohhh i was SO excited to see Lady Termaine! She was awesome! I wanted to keep messing around with her..haha!

I hear they got a really great response about the castle so hopefully they will keep doing it every year! :wizard:

Hmm...now I'll have to go google for pics of Marilu Henner! I know the name and I know I've seen her before but I'm drawing a blank at the moment!

Great Part 3 update!!!

Wow....you sure did get wet on Splash:rotfl2:

all of your castle shots are amazing!!!!!!

Glad your phone was okay:goodvibes

Thanks again! :) Like I told Katie...there were HUNDREDS of pics of the castle I had to delete b/c they were HORRRRRIBLE! I'm glad I got at least a few good shots in!

I have been off the boards for a bit and am SOOO happy to come back and get to read your report!:cool1:

It looks like your first 2 days were a BLAST.

I am drooling over all your food. I would LOVE to try that Pistaciao brulee. Also that chocolate nut torte that your mom had looks AMAZING!

How awsome you got to walk on most of your rides. Your nighttime castle pictures are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous that you got to go at Christmas time. I can't wait to read more!

I have been off the boards for a bit and am SOOO happy to come back and get to read your report!:cool1:

It looks like your first 2 days were a BLAST.

I am drooling over all your food. I would LOVE to try that Pistaciao brulee. Also that chocolate nut torte that your mom had looks AMAZING!

How awsome you got to walk on most of your rides. Your nighttime castle pictures are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous that you got to go at Christmas time. I can't wait to read more!

Thanks meriann! :) I've been slacking a little bit in my trip report and uploading my pics so hopefully today I'll start to get day 3 up there! :)

Hello everyone!! I should definitely be working right now but there's a little snowstorm dumping a few inches outside so work let us go home before lunch. I should be working from home right now? But... I'm taking a break to instead continue my little trippie!!!

So let's continue!

Ok... so I last left off with Evan and I running around the MK for evening extra magic hours. Neither of us had a watch and Evan's phone battery had died, and my phone was on the outs so we had NO clue what time it was. We decided to head to fantasyland to check out all the kids rides expecting no one to be there. Well...we were right! Bad part was that it was EXACTLY 1am so everything was on it's last ride. BOO!!!! As we were walking past Dumbo though, from the corner of my eye I saw Donald Duck sitting in one of the elephants... WHAT?! Stopped and kept watching and yup! It was Donald! After the ride was over he made his way to the carrousel. As I look at the carrousel, I see Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto all on the carrousel too with a bunch of kids!! NO FAIRRRRRRR!!!! So does this happen every night? Do the characters come out to fantasyland to ride the rides at park closing? Cause I'm definitely going to make sure I'm there on time next time!!

When they were done they all joined hands and quickly headed backstage..
I have a very blurry icky pic of it so I'm not gonna bother posting it!

On our way out of MK...a few CMs were hanging out waving bye to everyone..
2104164249_c077692aa7.jpg

cute!

Oh wait! Can we run back to the castle and take some more shots?! PLEASEEEE?! Evan reluctantly agreed and we turned around and headed back. These didn't come out nearly as well as I wanted them too...boo!

2104943622_1d630d95ff.jpg

So we headed back to the hotel and tried to sleep as much as possible b/c we were both going to Epcot the next day! yayyy!

Before heading out I snapped a shot of our lonely 2 towel animals that never got additional friends.. hmph!

2104958762_aebf689bf9.jpg

Then we headed to the caf where mom fell in love with the waffles with strawberry topping and I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast pizza...yummmy! Again, I tried the normal coffee and bleh..ended up just drinking water!

2104165683_7e321895a7.jpg

2104944328_3df45e5a53.jpg

We ate pretty quickly and then headed outside for the bus. Don't think we waited more than 5 mins and it had arrived! yayyy! So Epcot has definitely been growing on me as I've been getting older. I remember HATING it! But now its my favorite park!

We pull up and go through all that fun bag check and stuff and the first thing we see?

2104180559_8051393626.jpg

tada!! Spaceship Earth but not only just SE...but all the cute topiaries at the entrance of the characters all decked out for the holidays. So cute!

2104181059_bffa9cffe8.jpg

2104181407_b6e1105b89.jpg

We decided to do the park in a somewhat counterclockwise fashion... head to Nemo and work our way up through future world. But then... jump on a boat across the lake, head to the American Adventure and work our way clockwise through that half of the countries. It kinda worked!

As we head to Nemo, I saw the character spot and there was already a line of about a half hour. Having a brain fart, I suggested coming back when the line is shorter..HA! Now that I think about it...a half hour wait to meet with Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto was NOT bad! I'm surprised the cast member at the door didn't laugh at me when I said it either! hmph! So we left the character spot and went right to Nemo, which has NOOOO wait! Snapped a few pics before heading in though...

2104961064_ff08e33a18.jpg

mine! mine! mine!
2104183419_985cf7cdcd.jpg

The ride I thought was CUTE! Although I felt that you had to have watched Nemo to know what was going on since there were fish jumping in and out of all the screens all the time! I loved how it seemed that the characters were in the tank with the real fish. Very cool! When we got out of our clam-mobiles we walked around to see all the fish in the small tanks. I wish they would actually tell you what fish were in there!!!

2104963304_dee84118be.jpg

Next up with The Land! I forgot about fastpasses for Soarin and instead headed to the Circle of Life movie which my mom loved. It was definitely a beautiful movie! We then headed over to Soarin and I quickly got fast passes for an hour and a half later. There wasn't a wait for Living with the Land so we jumped on a boat and went on our little tour. I haven't been on this one in a long time either and i liked it! It was cool seeing how everything was being grown, esp the cinderella pumpkins!

2104965162_33c6f644d4.jpg

Since we still had a lot of time to kill before my Soarin passes, we headed over to Journey Into Imagination so I can show my mom just how BAD the new Figment show is!! Ugh!! I miss the original so much! They ruined Figment!!! I miss Dreamfinder! At least they kept part of the song though!

2104187839_7221fe4057.jpg

So luckily the Land and Journey Into Imagination are close b/c I really think we walked back and forth a million times. We started getting hungry so we headed back over to Sunshine Seasons for a quick bite to eat. And I really wasn't that impressed. I got the chicken ceasar salad and I don't think it tasted like anything! My mom (after wandering around in there forever!) decided on the asian vegetable plate with rice, noodles, broccoli, and veggies. Neither of us were fans of it!

2104946112_d93a2406d3.jpg

2104946406_d261b42e3c.jpg

Now..I'm pretty sure this is where we went BACK to Honey I Shrunk the Audience since I still had some time on my fastpass for Soarin!!! Luckily a show was just about to start so we didnt have to wait that long to see the show! Sorry...no pics in our cool glasses..hehee!

After the 3-D movie I parked mom on a bench (she was tired of going back and forth and back and forth) and I ran over to Soarin since my time FINALLY arrived! woohoo!! Now... maybe I just never have great seats (I'm never in the front) but I really don't think this ride is all it's hyped up to be?! Yeah it's pretty..and its kinda cool... but I think the whole view of feet above me ruins the whole effect and stuff. I have to remember to request a very front row next time so I get no feet!

I picked up mom when I was done and we headed towards the boats for the world showcase. On the way you know we just had to stop and take a few pics with the golf ball and some of the Christmas decorations though, right?

2104967998_9a5cddc4e1.jpg

2104190889_e7933ff9bc.jpg

2104191419_9c5e400411.jpg

We jumped on a boat right away and we were off to the world showcase! Got off at Morocco and headed towards the american pavillion. On the way we saw the Japanese drum performers, Matsuriza. They were great!

2104970662_c6c2cf5eb4.jpg

2104971574_65e0910cc9.jpg

oh...and definitely needed a pic of spaceship earth from japan..
2104971958_bde3be7c4b.jpg

ok...going to continue this in a bit! :)

ok so let me continue... lol

after watching the drum show we didn't stick around too long because on the schedule it showed that the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and on the way there we heard them start up. We grabbed a spot in the front and enjoyed the show. They were great (I feel like I say this all week..lol) and you could see people watching just getting choked up with all of the patriotic songs. At the very end their last song was 'God Bless America' and they had everyone join in and sing with them. Here's a few pics..

2104193903_e5eb8584c1.jpg

2104974408_6f188c6a6c.jpg

2104195837_ea7c410276.jpg

When they were finished we headed inside the American Adventure to hear the Voices of Liberty.

2104196543_ff6079aa39.jpg

Ever since I was little I've always LOVED them. I had never heard them during Christmas so I was excited! We found a seat in the rotunda and hung around a little bit. Off to the side was a lady giving the history of Haunnakah so we listened and then when she was finished it was time for the Voices of Liberty!

Wow. That's all I have to say. If you guys haven't seen them yet.. make it a point to go!! I had goosebumps the whole time and saw people holding back tears!

2104975998_7092bcf5d1.jpg

2104197579_e732127a29.jpg

2104977564_75c4368274.jpg

When the show was over we had a chance to say hi to some of the singers and then we headed into the theatre to see the american adventure show. The show isn't too bad... I've always liked it for the most part. My favorite part though is the very last song they do with the video montage. LOVE IT!! I didn't get great shots of the show either (stupid no flash rule!!).

hope you guys aren't sick of christmas trees yet...cause here's the one outside the american pavillion!

2104978964_1560332513.jpg

we headed into the liberty inn for a quick break and ran into a HUGE gingerbread house!! and in case you guys want to make one yourself... here's the ingredients..haha

2104980108_f6100af649.jpg

for some reason I also felt a little hungry so I grabbed an apple cobbler from the counter and chowed down... mmmm! it would def have been better with a little vanilla ice cream but it was still tasty!

2104980504_007d580d57.jpg

after finishing up we started on our clockwise trek across the globe..lol
We headed back to Japan and saw that the little show explaining the Japanese holiday traditions was in full swing already so we stopped and listened for a little bit.

2104982576_debd8c7070.jpg

Since we were going to eat there later on in the week we didn't really stick around and browse too much cause we knew we'd be back! Next up? Morocco! yet again, Mo Rockin' was performing already so we stopped by to have a quick listen and watch the belly dancer.

2104984722_88a03bd4e8.jpg

I also needed a little pick me up so we went into the cafe in the back and I ordered a moorish (I think that's what it was called!)...an espresso with cinnamon and nutmeg, which sounded awesome. Well...first off, she charged me for 2..which I didn't realize until after we left. But oh well. I wasn't going to go back for $3. Then she also put this clear liquid in which I wasn't sure what it was and... ehhh....I wasn't that big a fan!!! I think i saw the bottle in a store later on and it might have been orange water? or something like that. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't that great either!!

Next up on our tour was France!

2104985156_4edc5ff5ea.jpg

Again, we didn't want to spend too much time here since we were going to be eating there that night so we quickly breezed through and then started heading out. But wait! Who's that over there? Princess Aurora? hurry up! there's NO LINE!!!

2104985458_3b28fc87ed.jpg

Continuing on to the UK we headed into a few of the stores and i took a quick glance at the pub stand to make sure they serve Guinness for later on in the week (hehehe...and they do!). And what's a trip to the UK without your corny typical picture of you in the phonebooth? Too bad I didn't have a Superman shirt with me!

2104170205_7ed0d01ce8.jpg

Heading next to Canada I wanted to see the new 360 show that they had so we headed up the stairs and ran into a few bears!

2104210657_3ea63bd96c.jpg

We HONESTLY had NOOOOOO clue who they were!!! We found out the next day at MGM that they were the bears from Brother Bear. Honestly? Never saw it! hahahaha! They were still cute and funny though so loved the pic!

The new show at Canada I enjoyed! I'm not usually a fan of Martin Short and don't really watch anything that he's in so when I heard he was the 'host', I was a little reluctant! I'd recommend seeing it now though!

Since we hit the end of our half world tour, we decided to head back to France to see if they can take us a little earlier and the sun was just setting...

2104989760_785191101c.jpg

2104212205_e30e5e98ec.jpg

Also on our way we saw the French holiday presentation..

2104992330_47253114b6.jpg

My friend Evan was also eating at Chefs de France with his mom but they had already started eating about an hour earlier. When we checked in, the hostess said it wasn't a problem we were early and it would probably only be a 10 minute wait..yayyy! I was starting to get hungry!! While we were waiting outside, Evan and his mom came outside when they were done and kept on raving about the food! YAYYY! I had honestly been a little scared to eat here b/c all of the reviews I read were completely mixed! Some people hated it, some people loved it, so Evan's review was a little bit of a relief.

We were seated pretty quickly right by a window facing the lake. It was definitely a little crowded in there but since we were by the window, it wasn't too bad. We saw the waiters trying to squeeze their way in between tables though and I would be a little annoyed if I had to keep trying to move my chair!

Our waiter was Sebastian (and he was cute, might I add.. lol) and he was funny and pretty good! I had also read that the service here was sub par but Sebastian def went out of his way to try to help us and was always making sure everything was ok with our meal. We ordered drinks and I was excited when I saw Orangina on the menu...mmmm!!! yayyy!!

We love love love onion soup so that was definitely one of the appetizers we ordered. Evan's mom suggested that we try the tomato and goat cheese flatbread so we got that as well.

Ready for some food pics everyone? hehehehehe

I present to you the AWESOME AMAZING onion soup...

2104171023_e79c2757ff.jpg

no joke we loved it. it was perfect! We had asked to have the cheese more well done and burnt and it came out perfect. I couldnt get enough!

The flatbread was also REALLLY good..

2104949752_7af014be02.jpg

It had great flavor and fresh crushed tomatoes and yummy goat cheese. The 'crust' was more of a pastry... flaky and stuff and was really light so it wasn't filling at all. yum!

For my entree I ordered the short ribs but asked for potatoes au gratin instead of the polenta.

sorry..not really in focus..

2104171649_c97ae50af1.jpg

this had a lot of flavor too, although maybe a little salty. Still great flavor! And the potatoes were nice and cheesy too.

Mom had the vegetable lasagne thing and she said it was decent (there's that pickiness again!). I don't like eggplant at all or else I would have tried it for a real review...haha!

OK...and now for the best part...dessert!! woohooo!!! I ordered the sorbet trio (raspberry, kiwi, mango) with an elephant ear..

2104950374_b04959cf8e.jpg

and mom got the Chocolate tart with banana and coconut, praline sauce with chocolate ice cream.

2104172269_6a12fa3ac4.jpg

both of these were AWESOME!!! too bad i was wayyyyyy too full to really eat a lot of them! mmmmmm!!! chocolate and bananas is one of my favorite combos so the tart was perfect! top that off with a nice cappuccino and I was in heaven... lol

Ok...I think I ran out of room for pics... I'll be back in Part 3!!! :)

Great updates!!!

I liked your towel animals.....those Christmas stickers we cute.

Christmas at World Showcase looks like so fun fun.

I love all of your decoration shots.

Those Topiries with Santa hats are so cute!!!!

Soarin is awesome in the front row!!!

Definitely request it net time:thumbsup2

Your mom'w waffle from the morning looked so delcious...YUMMY

Your dinner at France...OMG...Looked so good...I never thought to eat there..Now, I want to after seeing your pics

I love the pic of the cast memeber from the night before with the See Ya Real Soon Sign...That is great:goodvibes

On to read what's next, if you go the 3rd post done yet:cool1:

Your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera are you using? Mine is shot and it died when we were in Disney in Nov.

I need something fool proof, since I am not very good with electronics :)

Great pictures and a terrific update Disneygirl! Your pictures are awesome, what kind of camera did you use?

I loved the towel animals and I really loved all the food pics, lol

You and MOm looked great with the bears, really cute shot.

I can't wait for your next update!

I'm really enjoying your TR!! Your pics are excellent! You and your mom look like you are having such a great time.

I'm still amazed that we did not see you at EPCOT, the way your trip report reads we had to have been in some of the same areas at the same time!

We had that same snow dumping earlier this week that you just got. At least we will have a white Christmas.;) I have to say when we left there was absolutely no snow on the ground and when we arrived home there was approximately 6 inches, UGH! What a rude awakening after the beautiful weather we had at WDW!

Keep up the good working, looking forward to more of you pics!

Great updates!!!

I liked your towel animals.....those Christmas stickers we cute.

Christmas at World Showcase looks like so fun fun.

I love all of your decoration shots.

Those Topiries with Santa hats are so cute!!!!

Soarin is awesome in the front row!!!

Definitely request it net time:thumbsup2

Your mom'w waffle from the morning looked so delcious...YUMMY

Your dinner at France...OMG...Looked so good...I never thought to eat there..Now, I want to after seeing your pics

I love the pic of the cast memeber from the night before with the See Ya Real Soon Sign...That is great:goodvibes

On to read what's next, if you go the 3rd post done yet:cool1:

I just wish we had gotten more towel animals! I saw some CUTE christmas trees as we were walking around!
And I'll DEFINITELY request the front row on Soarin next time! I won't give up on it just yet!

Ohh...we were skeptical of Chefs de France too! We usually don't like French food but omg it was soooo good! :)

3rd part should be posted sometime today! I've been slacking, I know! :)

Your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera are you using? Mine is shot and it died when we were in Disney in Nov.

I need something fool proof, since I am not very good with electronics :)

For 80% of the pics I used my fathers Olympus E-300. It's one of those fancy schmancy big digital cameras. For the other 20% we used a Pentax Optio w10...which I LOVE! It's a tiny point and shoot camera...AND it's waterproof so you don't have to worry about it getting ruined or anything! I LOVE it! It takes great pics too (all the food pics were taken with it). It's not too expensive I don't think and they might have already released newer versions of it (the w30 maybe?). It's also very easy to use!

Great pictures and a terrific update Disneygirl! Your pictures are awesome, what kind of camera did you use?

I loved the towel animals and I really loved all the food pics, lol

You and MOm looked great with the bears, really cute shot.

I can't wait for your next update!

See my answer above about the camera! :) Thanks! :)

I'm really enjoying your TR!! Your pics are excellent! You and your mom look like you are having such a great time.

I'm still amazed that we did not see you at EPCOT, the way your trip report reads we had to have been in some of the same areas at the same time!

We had that same snow dumping earlier this week that you just got. At least we will have a white Christmas.;) I have to say when we left there was absolutely no snow on the ground and when we arrived home there was approximately 6 inches, UGH! What a rude awakening after the beautiful weather we had at WDW!

Keep up the good working, looking forward to more of you pics!

I still have to catch up to all the trip reports I subscribed too and I'll have to read yours about Epcot too and if you posted pics I have to see if I recognize you! :) We probably walked right past each other and didn't even realize it!

ugh! make the snow go away! Its supposed to start again tonight into tomorrow! :( I hate it! blahhhhh!!!

OK! Back for the continuation of Day 3!!

So I left you guys at Chefs de France... hehe...

When we had met up with Evan and his mom, we had agreed that we'd meet up again my Mission Space and ride it together since both our moms don't go on it. As dinner was winding down I started texting Evan but never heard back so mom and I strolled over there, taking pics and photopass pics along the way.

2104214753_2fb36352f4.jpg

2104994258_61c406c0eb.jpg

2104994808_8b8c24126c.jpg

So I still hadn't heard from Evan by the time we got to Mission Space and mom was getting tired and didn't really feel like waiting to see if he would show up so I jumped on by myself. They had said it was a 15 minute wait but I honestly was on the ride and done in 10 mins. yayyyy! I LOVE THE ORANGE LINE!

Oh...and did I mention how my friend Sarah and I (you'll meet her in Day 4's report) are HUGE space/NASA fans? Yeah...we are... lol...like space camp dorks and everything..

so seriously...how could I NOT take this pic..
2104951206_4657942b45.jpg

Heading out we needed one more pic of the golf ball...
2104217967_9bf3af2957.jpg

Oh and of course Evan texts me as I'm on Mission Space. We decide to meet up again back at the hotel when he's done with the ride and stuff and go on a little adventure.

Now... I had been reading and seen youtube videos of the unfinished Legendary Years at Pop for awhile now. I think the story goes that Disney started construction of the buildings but after Sept 11th, construction stopped due to the decrease of visitors. They're supposed to be starting up again maybe soon? So I had mentioned it to Evan who surprisingly had NEVER heard of it but really wanted to go see it. I've seen videos of people wandering the site so I knew it wasn't 100% illegal to do. Now... the BRIGHT and SMART thing to do would have been to do this during the day and sunlight, right? Well, apparently Evan and I weren't really thinking straight and decided to go snoop around a deserted unfinished abandoned construction site at 9:30pm. But hmm...how do we get there????? Looking at the maps I knew it was on the other side of the bridge and lake so we headed over that way..

oh wait! did I mention that it was like 2 degrees outside and there were still PEOPLE SWIMMING?! seriously guys.. it was COLD... even the lifeguards had SNOW PARKAS ON!!!

2104951558_b10e996afe.jpg

ok...back to the snooping around...

so we were at the generation gap bridge..

2104951816_7f3181c572.jpg

and after we crossed, the iron fence just wrapped around and wouldn't let you go any further. I was ready to call it a night but my fearless leader Evan was all about seeing the construction. After he poked his head and arms around the bushes that were on the other side of the fence he proclaims he sees something and it's clear after that one small row of bushes and trees.

ME: You want me to JUMP this fence and CLIMB through bushes and trees in the pitch black?!
Evan: Um...yeah? The moon is out so we can see where we're going
Me: wow... you owe me big (as I throw my leg over the fence)... lol

I also pointed out that if we got caught or if this was illegal in any way.. he was leaving the next morning so it didnt really matter. ME on the other hand still had 4 more days so if we got booted... I would have killed him.

After getting through the bushes we could see all the buildings laid out in front of us. Straight ahead was what would be the main building (with all the big numbers on it) and then off to the right was what looked like room buildings.

So I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to these things so I think I stuck to Evan like glue the whole entire time..... here's a few pics of the adventure.. (we had to keep taking pics b/c it was too dark sometimes and I needed flash to see where I was going!)

trekking through the unkept grass..
2104952326_1ca2ff5b79.jpg

Oh....so we get to the front of the building and decide to walk around to the other side first. We get there (luckily for some reason it was easier to see over there) and there's this huge white structure sitting in the grass that kinda looked like a cement mixer from far away...which would have been expected, right? Well instead after closer inspection we realized it was a... submarine?!

2104953038_97529b8787.jpg

2104175753_cdc4031f90.jpg

yeah it was... and then we started getting freaked out..

2104953678_b1a4063dc3.jpg

We headed back to the front of the building and started walking towards the room construction

I really dont know why all these pics came out as bad as they did....

2104176619_39b6f70b10.jpg

2104177319_d730c9a4c5.jpg

2104956376_572d203fb3.jpg

some unfinished rooms..

2104957272_8102392134.jpg

thank God the door was locked or he would have dragged me in there..

2104179335_db0c2f960c.jpg

so after getting thoroughly freaked out I finally convinced him to head back to civilization and we could go back the next morning during the daylight. Deal. Whew! So we high tailed it out of there, back through the bushes, and over the fence. yay! we're alive!

did get a great view of the hotel though!
2104958170_6aca2026c9.jpg

2104958510_3e99c37611.jpg

We parted ways at the Hippy Dippy Pool and called it a night and promised to try to wake up early to get back there before Evan had to leave for the airport... key word here was TRY.. :)

yayy!! finished with day 3!! :) Day 4 pics are already all uploaded so hopefully I'll get the report out soon!

I have to laugh at some of the stuff you do. Its so much like my family. We've been going to Disney forever too and you plan EXACTLY the same way I do so reading your posts makes me feel like I'm there. HOWEVER Im so jelous you had Sebastian at Chefs. HE IS OH SO YUMMY and so nice too! I can't wait for your next post!!!:goodvibes

I just found your trip report and LOVE it!!! I'm a little confused...what are those pictures of above?...a new hotel construction?! Cool! I also LOVE the very first WDW photo...it looks like we were about the same age when we had our first trip to disney in 83...3?! This report makes me want to do a Christmas trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter