I'm a newbie!!! need some tips

daisydo

Earning My Ears
hello!
I'm going to Euro disney on Monday staying in the New York hotel with my husband and 16 month old son.
Have been reading posts on here an am very excited now....shame i hadnt found this forum before!
I raed that we should be there for a playhouse disney show which is great....my son is a huge fan!
Has anyone got any good tips?
Thanks very much

Only real tips are to try and book good breakfast slots on arrival....later ones are hectic. Or perhaps book a Good Morning Fantasylnad Breakfast. This is free and just means you can have breakfast in a restaurant in the park (complimentary as you are staying at a Disney Hotel) and will have the upper hand on the hoards of people streaming in at around 10-11am.

Don't forget that your child eats free at sit down restaurants as they are under 3. Just ask, all the staff are well aware and very helpful.

Another tip is to hold on to your stroller receipt if you decide to hire one. You can use it to get another one should you decide to pop over to the Studios (strollers are not allowed to be taken between parks). Just show your receipt at the second park hire stand and they will issue you with another one for use in that park.

Try to eat outside of regular hours to avoid everywhere being packed. We found that delaying lunch until about 2.30 meant he crowds had cleared and while they were all busy scoffing, the queues were shorter!

Can't really think of any others at the moment, but there are plenty of ways to ensure it all goes smoothly. Try to get an idea of the shows/parade times on your visit and plan each day roughly. The rides tend to be really busy during the middle of the day. Sometimes sitting for a show is a welcome break to queuing.:laughing:

Hi daisydo,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

For a first visit to DLRP, I'd just advise picking a couple of things you'd like to see/do each day, and work around those. You'll soon find your family favourites :).

Only real tips are to try and book good breakfast slots on arrival....later ones are hectic. Or perhaps book a Good Morning Fantasylnad Breakfast. This is free and just means you can have breakfast in a restaurant in the park (complimentary as you are staying at a Disney Hotel) and will have the upper hand on the hoards of people streaming in at around 10-11am.

Don't forget that your child eats free at sit down restaurants as they are under 3. Just ask, all the staff are well aware and very helpful.

If you're a guest at the Hotel New York or Disneyland Hotel, you don't have access to Good Morning Fantasyland breakfasts I'm afraid.

Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but don't children under 3 just eat free at buffet restaurants? You'd pay for them at Cafe Mickey for example, wouldn't you :confused3?

Oh yes, sorry. I forgot that Fantasyland breakfasts don't apply at this hotel. never had the good fortune to stay there;)

Regarding the kids meals, we went when my son was 2 . We knew nothing of this, but a Cm brought it to our attention after the first day. We ate at Plaza gardens which was a buffet, but also at Walts and we disn't have to pay there either:thumbsup2 This might be something that is at the discreton of the restaurant, I'm not sure but all the kids menus, even in Cafe Mickey, only stipulate 3-11 years.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, as My son will be 2 1/2 when we go. We did pay for a child smeal in cafe mickey last time, so if thats the case i'll take advantage this time :thumbsup2

does anyone know why we cant have a fantasyland breakfast? is it because we're nearer to the parks?
Thanks everyone for your replies, its very helpful:)

ur child only eats free at buffets - not sit down restuarants - sorry!!!

does anyone know why we cant have a fantasyland breakfast? is it because we're nearer to the parks?

I think thats the reason, yes. Being so close to the parks, it doesn't really benefit you as much as someone who perhaps would have to take a shuttle bus.
I have found it makes a nice change from the hotel also, then again, yu have the good fortune of staying at one of the swish ones where breakfast won't be the rugby scrum it can be elsewhere:rotfl:

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, as My son will be 2 1/2 when we go. We did pay for a child smeal in cafe mickey last time, so if thats the case i'll take advantage this time :thumbsup2

At table service restaurants child have to pay for meals. Whereas a buffet restaurants children under 3 eat for free :goodvibes

You get a cooked option as standard in both the Disneyland Hotel and Hotel New York. Therefore guests may feel that the Fantasyland option is not as good quality.
Although DLP offer Fantasyland as a perk it is also to help take up the strain of breakfast time at the other hotel. If some guest go to the park instead then breakfast at the other hotels is less of a scramble :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter