Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party for Coeliacs

meldud

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone ever had this as a gluten free option? We are interested to book this year, but don't want our 16 yo DD to have just brownies and cookies.

Does anyone have any previous experience with this?

TIA

Hey,

yes my boyfriend is wheat intolerant and the same applies for this, as it does for all Disney dining options. They always make sure you're taken care of. A cast member or chef will come out and walk you through your options. Additionally, they will provide a little plate with extra options just for you, which I'm sure you can get more off. I can't give the exact options, as desserts are due to change. But we were very happy and generally really enjoyed our experience :)

celiac and gluten intolerant aren't the same....the requirements for celiac disease are much much much more stringent than for the gluten intolerant...
the offerings for celiac tend to be very limited.
if it's important to you, i would email them to inquire what is offered for celiac...

I've booked a fireworks dessert party for Magic Kingdom and I'm a coeliac.
I've been told that I will have my own plate of brownies, cookies, fruits & sweets, and that the chef will walk me through other options available to eat, and if I feel unhappy about picking from the buffet, I can ask the chef to bring me something from the back.

I will see what happens when I go in August!

Incidentally, when I've booked all my ADR'S the only option to tick was gluten intolerance, it never asked if you were a coeliac. Hoping that my dining reservations will be okay!!

I've been told that I will have my own plate of brownies, cookies, fruits & sweets, and that the chef will walk me through other options available to eat, and if I feel unhappy about picking from the buffet, I can ask the chef to bring me something from the back.

Incidentally, when I've booked all my ADR'S the only option to tick was gluten intolerance, it never asked if you were a coeliac. Hoping that my dining reservations will be okay!!

i would think the buffet is a mine field of cross contamination!

regarding your regular ADRs, if you have any questions, you can write to Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com.

celiac and gluten intolerant aren't the same....the requirements for celiac disease are much much much more stringent than for the gluten intolerant...
the offerings for celiac tend to be very limited.
if it's important to you, i would email them to inquire what is offered for celiac...

I do appreciate they aren't the same. I just wanted to point out, that if you have any form of allergies Disney will do their best to accommodate you. Best is to speak to Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com and ask in advance. And I have also seen seperate plates being handed out for those with severe allergies.

Hope it goes well for you and you can enjoy the party :)

We have been several times and the chefs are A-MAZING! They always come out to speak to you and our daughter has always been offered things that are not even on the menu or things you think you will never be able to eat..... like fish and chips. They have dedicated areas for allergy foods and will not let you take food from the servers at quick service restaurants, you have someone who brings you your tray separately and they double check everything. They treat Coeliac as an allergy, so they avoid cross contamination.
They are so switched on! Our first time we were very apprehensive and our first meal there they asked all the right questions. Do not even attempt to eat at Kennedy Space Centre, as they were shocking! We have also eaten at Universal... food ok and cooked separately again here. Discovery Cove were also ok. Disney are the best at customer service in their restaurants though. Just everywhere you go expect that you will need to speak to someone.

We have been several times and the chefs are A-MAZING! They always come out to speak to you and our daughter has always been offered things that are not even on the menu or things you think you will never be able to eat..... like fish and chips. They have dedicated areas for allergy foods and will not let you take food from the servers at quick service restaurants, you have someone who brings you your tray separately and they double check everything. They treat Coeliac as an allergy, so they avoid cross contamination.
They are so switched on! Our first time we were very apprehensive and our first meal there they asked all the right questions. Do not even attempt to eat at Kennedy Space Centre, as they were shocking! We have also eaten at Universal... food ok and cooked separately again here. Discovery Cove were also ok. Disney are the best at customer service in their restaurants though. Just everywhere you go expect that you will need to speak to someone.
Agreed!

While we don't have any food allergies etc, I saw the Chef's come out a few times for other guests on our last trip. So accommodating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter