Illuminations Dessert Party???

jrmasm

Last time I checked, it was still
What the heck is this?

I read about this in a Trip Report and there was no explanation.

Thanks

Sounds interesting --
DH and I did the Fantasmic dessert buffet at DL. ($80+ for the both of us. cough, cough. But great seating! :) )
I always wondered why they didn't do something like that at WDW. ka-ching, ka-ching

It's something that groups (such as weddings - Fairy Tale Weddings does a lot of them) can arrange. There are a few terraces around World Showcase Lagoon (UK, Italy and France I think) that can be roped off to be private. A dessert party is basically use of the private viewing area and there are several dessert menus you can choose from for your group. I forget what the cost is though.

HTH,
Lori

Does anyone know where I can get more info on this? I would like to know how to book it and what is the approx. cost. Thanks!

I think the prices depend on location and the menu chosen. Also, you pay a per person viewing fee if people don't have park tickets for Epcot (or hoppers) that were used that day. I've heard $3-5,000 but I don't know how many people that's for so :confused:

HTH a little,
Lori

Illuminations Dessert parties are cool. We had one last year at DISCON, and it was the highlight of the whole event (which they incidently are repeating this year) for me. For us, we had the whole of French Island to ourselves (both tiers), the desserts...well, to honest, I thought they were only so-so, but the view of Illuminations really cannot be beat and was worth it alone. (Even better than an Illuminations Cruise I'm told, if any of you have done that and wish to compare) I'm not sure...sort of plucking a figure from my very fuzzy memory, but I'm guessing that about 150+ people attended DISCON last year.

One more reason to go to DIS CON

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter