illuminations cruise BEWARE

babybuckles

Earning My Ears
We planned a family vacation for 9 of us in June and booked an Illumination cruise. We gooked 90 days in advance, called back to confirm and asked for pick up at the Boardwalk where we were staying. WELL.....seems that soemtime after we booked but before our vacation, WDW PLAY changed their pick up l;ocation adn no longer picked up at Boardwalk. We called while we stood on the pier 3 times and were told we were in the right place. Only at 8:45, when it was too late for them to do anything about the mistake, did soem one tell us they had made a mistake. We were 9 very disappointed Disney customers. After returning we wrote a letter. It took almost a month for Disney to finally respond. They did give us Disney dollars to equal the cost of the cruise .... a nice gesture. However we will not ever be able to repeat that trip as it brought together our 4 children and three spouses. The chances of that working out again with work schedules etc is very slim. So the magical cruise which was a highlight was a huge disappointment.

I am sorry this happened. You must have been very disappointed. I cannot believe that when you were on the phone with them at the Pier they could not tell you they changed the location.

Were you standing on the dock where the boats do the pick ups for MGM and Epcot? Just wondering if you noticed the pontoon boats that would have been directly across the lake at the YC marina? Were you calling the WDW-PLAY number and did the other boat staff also say that you were in the right spot? I'm shocked that Disney could do nothing about the error when they discovered it at 8:45pm. Wouldn't there have been an empty boat at the YC still waiting for you? If they had given it to walk-ups, I'm sorry, but those folks should have been returned to the dock and given their money back. You weren't no shows, just given bad information. I'm very surprised at this outcome and I'm shocked that nothing could be done for you. What a disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter