IHOP and Denny's

downunder

Mouseketeer
I am wantiung to know the costs of meals at Denny's and IHOP. My husband is unable to eat wheat so it rules out most of the locations in the park. I am trying to work out the best options for him as well as stick to our budget. He will need to eat meals with rice, veggies and meat.

Any help will be great!

thanks
Jess

I dont know about Denny's but we tried to save money and ate at IHOP on our last day there and i was shocked when we go t the bill. There was 4 of us and we got a simple breakfast. I think i had an omlet and side of bacon, cup of tea and glass of OJ. DD had pancakes and i am not sure what the rest of us had but our bill was $72.00. :scared1: To me that is outrageous. We should have gone to McDonalds. I could eat the same thing at a neighborhood IHO and not pay more than $25.00. Now i realize it is the closests restaurant to the parks, but IMHO it is grossly overpriced. :sad1:

We ate a IHOP's this last June and we shocked at the prices. It would have been A LOT cheaper to eat in th park! A cup of coffee was almost three dollars. Yes it is right next to the park the increase in the prices isn't justified. I would say eat in the park it will be cheaper. LOL

We were just there, Sept.11-13 and we ate at IHop and Denny's. IHop's prices a very high and just crazy. And the food was not all that great, the egg's we got were very cold. My mom sent hers back and the lady said they would make her some new ones. She came back a couple minutes latter and the new egg's were cold again! We all looked at each other and said yeah right, that they made new egg's. So that was our last visit to that IHop! We ate at Denny's two times for breakfast and there food was really good. And the price seamed about right for the amount of food you get.

disney has an entire list of gluten-free items available at the restaurants (I am gluten-free, also). You may be able to find quite a bit that your husband can eat in the parks (gluten-free mickey waffles and so forth).

Took

IHOP was insane when I was there two years ago.

We wanted to "save money" instead of eating at the hotel... yeah right

I seriously think it was $5.00 for a glas of milk. Never ate there again.

Even my local IHOP is insane! I took DD (4) there for dinner recently. She had the clown pancakes from the kid's menu, and I had bacon and eggs. DD had orange juice, and I had a soda, and the bill was almost $25!

IHOP is crazy expensive!!! We go to Denny's or to the Captain Kidd's across the way. We've also gone to DTD to eat. Just make sure the waiters now you dh can't eat flour...my BFF has a gluten allergy, our number 1 statement when we walk into any restaurant is "she's allergic to anything with gluten, can she eat here?" lol She's never had a problem...not even in DL or CA.

Personally, I hate IHOP. The food tastes horrible to me and it not worth it at all... Denny's is a little better and but if I had to choose, I'd pick Carrows. Good price and food. :goodvibes:

Of course, it doesn't help that there isn't a Carrows nearby DLR. :(

Another vote for IHOP being absolutely rediculous cost wise. The food wasn't very good, the service was absolutely horrid. We will never go back. We ate at BB, and spent less money. Haven't done Carros or Dennsy's, so I'm no help there, sorry.

disney has an entire list of gluten-free items available at the restaurants (I am gluten-free, also). You may be able to find quite a bit that your husband can eat in the parks (gluten-free mickey waffles and so forth).

Took

I agree. My ds is GFCF and we were able to find stuff. PM me if you have any questions.

I dont know about Denny's but we tried to save money and ate at IHOP on our last day there and i was shocked when we go t the bill. There was 4 of us and we got a simple breakfast. I think i had an omlet and side of bacon, cup of tea and glass of OJ. DD had pancakes and i am not sure what the rest of us had but our bill was $72.00. :scared1: To me that is outrageous. We should have gone to McDonalds. I could eat the same thing at a neighborhood IHO and not pay more than $25.00. Now i realize it is the closests restaurant to the parks, but IMHO it is grossly overpriced. :sad1:

Mcdonald has also jacked up their prices... no more $1 menu...

i love to get the double cheese burgers at mcdonalds. then they charge $2 for it and i was like no way... i just head up north east and there is another mcdonald there.

We ate breakfast at Denny's on Friday. I thought it was decent for what we had. We ordered 2 coffee's, 1 carafe orange juice, 1 Milk, 1 Jr. Grand Slam, 1 Smiley alien pancakes, 2 sides of grapes, and 2 All-American Slam's.

Our bill was 37.84

Good luck!
pixiedust:
Linda

For special dietary needs you are better off eating in the parks.

If you want to eat off site go to Mimi's Cafe (not to be confused with Milli's which is also good). Denny's isn't bad but the service is terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter