Ignoring Obnoxious Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
I know many here are either infuriated by certain other posters -- or bored, as I am, with the juvenile arguments that a handful of inconsiderate people use to hijack many threads for their own childish p@%#$*^#& contests.

Many DIS folks, especially newer members, don't realize that you can control what you choose to read by the judicious use of DIS's Ignore List feature.

To use the feature, simply click on "User CP" above, and then click on "Buddy/Ignore lists" on the left margin. Enter the screen names of the people you no longer want to read, and POOF!, they are history.

When you read a thread they've posted on, you'll see their screen name, but instead of their post you'll see some tiny print that says: "This message is hidden because (their screen name) is on your ignore list." :cool1:

They'll be on your ignore list throughout DIS, not just this board. If they clean up their act (or if you go over to the Dark Side of The Force), you can remove their names from your list at any time.

My personal pet peeve is the people with no manners I mentioned above. You may have other criteria -- it's your list and your decision.

This morning, I put four names on my Ignore List (and I'll probably add at least two more) -- as luck would have it, my choices turned out to be two from each side of the great morality/cheater debate. :rolleyes: I couldn't care less what their point of view is -- if they participate in "contests," I'm not interested in anything they have to say.

The Ignore List feature works like a charm, and believe me, it makes reading pleasurable again. Try it...you'll like it! :)

JimMIA said:
I know many here are either infuriated by certain other posters -- or bored, as I am, with the silly, juvenile arguments that a handful of inconsiderate people use to hijack many threads for their own childish p@%#$*^#& contests.

Many DIS folks, especially newer members, don't realize that you can control what you choose to read by the judicious use of DIS's Ignore List feature.

To use the feature, simply click on "User CP" above, and then click on "Buddy/Ignore lists" on the left margin. Enter the screen names of the people you no longer want to read, and POOF!, they are history.

When you read a thread they've posted on, you'll see their screen name, but instead of their post you'll see some tiny print that says: "This message is hidden because (their screen name) is on your ignore list." :cool1:

They'll be on your ignore list throughout DIS, not just this board. If they clean up their act (or if you go over to the Dark Side of The Force), you can remove their names from your list at any time.

My personal pet peeve is the people with no manners I mentioned above. You may have other criteria -- it's your list and your decision.

This morning, I put four names on my Ignore List (and I'll probably add at least two more) -- as luck would have it, my choices turned out to be two from each side of the great morality/cheater debate. :rolleyes: I couldn't care less what their point of view is -- if they participate in "contests," I'm not interested in anything they have to say.

The Ignore List feature works like a charm, and believe me, it makes reading pleasurable again. Try it...you'll like it! :)

:woohoo: Oh thank goodness, I didn't realize this board had that feature!

JimMIA said:

Would never work for me--It would drive me insane with curiosity to know what the ignored person said! :rotfl:

I'd have to keep removing them from the list!

Sometimes I wonder if posts like this do not stir the pot even further. This is Disneyworld we are talking about here, right? I have seen less heated arguments on some political debate forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.

JimMIA said:

I couldn't agree more! Thanks for posting your thoughts, Jim!

(Oh, and can you see my post? Am I on your list? <kidding, only kidding...>)

((geez, am I gonna be paranoid if he never responds.... (paranoia is imaginary, this is real...)))

The OP has suggested a board "tool" that some may find useful.
Discussing it, however, is not particularly relevant to the RESTAURANTS boards. The thread is closed. Please feel free to PM each other for any further discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter