If you're not on DDP can you share meals?

BBG-BLT

Bunch of Booth-Genthe's
I'm trying to decided between DDP and going cash. Most of my kids (except the 2 yo :rotfl:) don't eat much and are picky. They like character meals and Buffets but are not good for many sit downs... (apparently we're bad parents who although we eat at the table together EVERY night I can't seem to get them to act appropriately when out at a fairly nice place:confused3).

So when does the DDP make sense? So far we want to do CP, ChefM's, Tusker, Norway, Poly show, 1900 Park Fare, Mexico, China (only DS and us so who knows how we'll deal with this one :confused:) H&V. We're there for 10 day. We love walk up meals.

Anyone have an opinion?

There is no problem in sharing meals. And in many of the restaurants if you ask they will actually do the splitting for you in the kitchen.

However, this does not apply to buffets or other All-You-Can-Eat locations, such as LTT, Garden Grille or the Skillet at WCC.

However, at most of your choices are buffets (CP, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House, H&V) and the dinner show, the answer is no. You will pay full price for all of your kids at each of the buffets & dinner show (except the 2 year old). The 2 year old will eat free. Also, at Norway, breakfast is family-style so you would pay for all of them there too. I think since lunch & dinner, you order of the menu, I think that you would be able to share.

Hopefully, you aren't considering walking up to these, I hope you have ADRs, since most of these are very popular.

Our trip is Nov 20 - 30 so I'm planning everything now to get my ADRs in at the 180 mark. Just trying to figure out if I should get at least 10 TS and go with the DDP or to cut back and try to save money. Starting to think either way I'm going to be spending about 1,000.00

Have you considered the Quick Service meal plan? From how you describe your family this might work better for you. You said that you can't get your children to act appropriately when out at a fairly nice place and then said that you love walk up meals. The QS meal plan will take away the stress of the TS meals and give you plenty of good options to eat.
You also get refillable mugs with this plan and it will save you some money
Just a thought

Just for your ts places itself -- the dining plan will be worth it to you.

I would look at the menus at allearsnet.com check how much it will cost you for these meals-- then figure it the cost of a ts meal.

All your kids are under 9 so they will be paying the kids rate for the dining plan --

Ok - going to add up the TS meals we're going to eat - every time I think we'[re only going to have a few TS meals one of the kids pipes up with another one they want to do!

Thanks all

Also, at Norway, breakfast is family-style so you would pay for all of them there too. I think since lunch & dinner, you order of the menu, I think that you would be able to share.

Akershus is a fixed price restaurant. They charge per person, even at lunch and dinner, so you can't share there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter