• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you were able to applyor book promos from Tuesday, what resort did you get?

Jessebear

Earning My Ears
We were already booked at Pop. By the time my TA got to me the only thing in value that was available was Sports. I’ve never stayed there, and I’m just wondering if I should try to see if a moderate is available with Free Dining. We are a group of 6 with 2 rooms. What should I do?

I booked Caribbean Beach using the 15% off moderate resort discount! FD was on the table but didn't end up being the best deal for us.

I got up at 5:45 AM (6:45 AM Eastern time) to check for the discount. I moved from BC to YC, because it was cheaper. I saved $1000 on a 10 night stay. I would have saved even more, if they offered Garden View rooms on the AP discount. They only offer Water View rooms, so I moved from Garden View to Water View. Garden View would have saved me another $300.

Looked at the FD "Deal" and it was a NO GO. 500+ MORE to stay at the CBR then keep the AKL with the DxDP/savanna view, when paying rake rates for "free dining" it can expensive, free dining is not really free per say as rake rates are crazy now......

I was able to book at the GF and BWI (split stay), but not until Wednesday, due to the website glitches that were ongoing on Tuesday. I also saw a discount for the same dates and room category as a BB BC reservation that we have upcoming, but by the time I was able to click through, the discount was gone. It would've only saved us $40/night, but $40/night can buy a lot of Mickey bars, so I'll keep checking. :)

ETA: The GF was a general public discount, but the BWI and BC were AP discounts.

I tried to get it for our BWI stay, but it wasn’t available. We talked it over and decided to stay one more night at the CR to check it out and got the promo for that night. So in reality, it cost us more. :teeth: We did save $60 delaying our flight one day though.

I switched from Gran Destino standard view club room (rack rate) to standard view non-club room (AP rate) and saved $800 for 4 nights.

An annual pass discount for the Beach Club appeared on Wednesday and I booked it before it disappeared. :)

I made a big switch. I was at a CBR standard room 2 day base tickets (1 free day also) with the dining plan. I switched to All stars Music preferred room 5 day parkhopper, free QS dining with an upgrade to standard dining and memory maker. I would’ve saved $1,000 if I didn’t upgrade to the standard dining plan. But I ended up saving $700! We’re barely in our rooms anyways, so I’m super excited.

I went the opposite route and used the AP discount to upgrade my Resort. I went from rack rate POR to AKL for an extra $173. I still have FQ booked at rack rate for the second half of my split stay, but will keep checking to see if anything opens up.

Wish they would extend these discounts just one week longer and so I could take advantage of them.

I had booked Pop standard room from 11/28 to 12/5, switched over to Sports from 11/27 to 12/5. Pretty much the same price considering I took out a night from my Universal resort and had to book that one at a higher room category.

I was able to save about $800 on our Thanksgiving week reservation at AKL with the AP discount.

I went the opposite route and used the AP discount to upgrade my Resort. I went from rack rate POR to AKL for an extra $173. I still have FQ booked at rack rate for the second half of my split stay, but will keep checking to see if anything opens up.
I did th same thing. We are staying 12 nights with a split stay. 3 nights at Saratoga springs on dvc points, then we had two nights at fort wilderness cabins and the. 7 back at Saratoga on dvc points again. I really wanted to stay at the Contemporary tower lake view because I like the water. When the discount came out my travel agent made the change for the extra money but it’s worth it to me

For Nov 16-23 basically everything became available. After a day or two a lot of categories were gone. However when I looked again, everything is back! Saved about $1000 CND so I am happy.

We were booked rack rate at Pop Century on Nov 29-Nov 30, and at BWI Nov 30-Dec 7. With the discount package we dropped Pop and booked the entire stay, Nov29-Dec 7, at BWI. We saved about $300. Our TA did it for us on Wednesday. It's not the huge savings we usually book with, but we are happy we got something (and glad to be in one place all week)! Now, we just have to wait 130 more days...::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter