If you order groceries to your room...

BensWife

DIS Veteran
what kind of things do you get delivered? We are going to be staying in a 2 bed villa at SSR (5 nights), so we will have a nice big fridge and kitchen. We were planning on doing breakfast in the room, so breakfast food is a must. We are going to try to do a few lunches, and maybe some dinners. (We are not doing the dining plan and trying to save some $ by eating in our room sometimes). I don't want to spend or order too much, since we won't be there all that long. What are some things you order? Is there anything that is a must have to order? Thanks!

We're a family of 5, and we go in August.

Start with bottled water. We always get 2 cases, and it's a good amount for us for a week.

Then we order breakfast foods (donuts, bagels, butter and cream cheese, juice) evening snacks (fruit, chips). Some juice boxes.

Then some park snacks (peanut butter crackers, packaged cookies, goldfish...)

If I'm staying in a one bedroom villa...I pack a lot of stuff in a checked bag...peanut butter/jelly or jam. Cereals, bagels, even bread if I can find my Tupperware break keeper!! Anything that is non-perishable.
Here's the thing....with most grocery delivery services charging you a fee of about $15, you may find that shopping right at the resort isn't so bad. Yes, their prices are higher than a grocery store, but once you add in delivery charges/fees and a tip, you may do better shopping at the resort. SSR has a decent assortment of groceries if I remember correctly.

If I do order, I usually get....
bread, snacks, butter, cream cheese (for bagels), cold cuts for lunch, juices, water bottles, soda, hot dogs/rolls, sliced cheese.
I buy my dairy right at the resort.

We stay in regular rooms, so we don't get very much, but always bottled water, a jug of filtered water for making coffee (seriously the tap at disney is gross), juice boxes, san pellegrino, muffins, fruit, carrot sticks, hummus, pits, peanut butter, granola bars, and usually a bottle or two of wine. When the kids were wee, I added diapers and wipes so that I didn't have to pack a suitcase just for those. DS2 is still in diapers a lot of the time, but we don't need so many so I didn't order them. I'm actually reconsidering that as I type...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter