• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you had to choose - WOC or Fireworks?

ffugitive

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately we will be there from 1/17 - 1/20 and the only day either WOC or the DL fireworks are offered is 1/20, which will basically force us to choose. I've seen Wishes at WDW, but our family loves Disney fireworks. And we've never seen WOC. What do you recommend DISers?

We will be there the EXACT same times! And I had the same dilemma :( If you read thru the thread below, you can see the recommendations (WoC of course)! It was a bummer since none of these was known when I booked our trip 6 months ago.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2854616

I am actually going to change my schedule to come to DL on the 16th as well, even though we're not staying on property until the 17th.

Definitely World of Color! We are here now and just saw it for the first time. It is, by far, the best show I have ever seen and unlike anything else. The fireworks are great too, but I'm guessing you've seen fireworks before. Go to WoC for a totally new experience!

Yeah same here. I knew closures would be an issue this time of year. But until very recently, WOC was running all week. Then apparently, they had to change that to do some maintenance. I'll probably let the family decide what they prefer to do, but I'd like to give them whatever DIS input I can. Have a great trip!

I don't know what the times are this time of year, but when we have been in the summer, we went to the first WOC show and stood near the back. Made a beeline out of the DCA gates and into DL right when WOC ended and made it to Main Street in time to catch fireworks. It worked out well because, while we didn't have the "perfect" view for either show, we didn't wait long for either one, and got to enjoy both! :)

ETA: If I had to choose, I'd choose fireworks. WOC is very cool and definitely different, but to me there is just something magical about Disney fireworks, no matter how many times I have seen them.

Also, you need to figure how much time you want to invest to get a decent view of WOC. Even in the off season you'll need to line up early to get a decent view.

Fireworks all the way. I think RDCT is much better than Wishes. Tinkerbell alone is so special at DL.

I loved WOC what time are they at?? If its 8 and the fireworks are later can you do both?? We did both. Not the perfect view of fireworks but you can still see them.

For 1/20,

WoC is at 8:00pm and 9:15pm
RDCT is at 8:40pm

So the suggestion is to get a good viewing spot for 8pm WoC, then walk to the Esplanade (or as far as you can go on Main Street which may already be crowded) and watch RDCT from there, though audio may not be heard.

I'd pick WOC, but try for a 2-fer as others have said... WOC is really amazing!! But the fireworks always make me tear up.

Another vote for the fireworks from the end of Main Street. My family loves the fireworks and tries to see them on every trip.

That being said, if you've never seen WoC, then perhaps it's worth seeing it once. My family saw WoC once and while it was worth seeing, we are in the minority because it really didn't do much for us (fell into the "been there, done that" category).

You can try to see both shows, but you'll probably end up short changing one of the two shows.

Fireworks from the steps of the mainstreet trainstation! The best view of WOC is on the CD you can get off Ebay.:cool1:

We love the Disney fireworks, but have the opportunity to see a decent (but not Disney quality) show at home at various times throughout the year. WOC is something that you can't see or experience anywhere else and would get my vote.

I'd go with WoC as well. The fireworks are amazing but WoC is mind blowing. I'd probably try for a 2-fer and aim for the fireworks from the train station as others have suggested. Good luck!

For 1/20,

WoC is at 8:00pm and 9:15pm
RDCT is at 8:40pm

So the suggestion is to get a good viewing spot for 8pm WoC, then walk to the Esplanade (or as far as you can go on Main Street which may already be crowded) and watch RDCT from there, though audio may not be heard.

:thumbsup2

I think it partly depends on your family. We would hands down choose fireworks but thats greatly influenced by the fact that thats what my 5 year old would enjoy most.

I'd get a good position to see WOC once, then head out to the esplanade to watch the fireworks.

They're beautiful, and I'm glad we've watched them from the hub 2x (in 7 years of bi-annual trips), but honestly they're almost as good from the area in between the parks ... I guess that's my opinion on both. Good to watch from the prime spot once, then after that I like it from farther back, less crowded places anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter