If you don't love dining at Disney...

Viu Manent

Earning My Ears
We've been Disney many times both on and off the dining plan. I have to say, I have never been thrilled with the food. I think my favorites have been the Coral Reef, CRT, and Akerhaus. Mostly for the theming.
We arrive at the Yaht club 10/6. We have Flying fish, Yahtsman, Hollywood Brown Derby&Garden Grill.
I'm debating ditching Flying fish for something in Epcot. Biergarten?
We have no ADR for our first big day in MGK which has me a bit concerned. I was hoping something would become available.
Thoughts? What do you really love?

Most of the food we love is at the Swan and Dolphin Il Mulino, Shulas and Blue Zoo. We also love The Bull & Bear at the Waldorf and I hear the food at the 4 seasons restaurants is great as well. Havent tried them yet but will be next spring. Actual Disney restaurants that we favor are Citricos, Jiko and Narcoossees. If I had to eat in a park it would be HBD at HS, Yak n Yeti at AK for now (trying Tiffins next month), Tutto Gusto in Epcot (not a traditional restaurant), MK ? wouldnt eat there but then again I havent been in the MK for about the past 5 trips or so so maybe some places have gotten better.

So are you looking for a spot near MK to eat? Or just asking about Disney food in general?

If I were you, I would look at the monorail resorts for someplace to eat on a MK day. The Wave is a good choice and I've been hearing really good things about Citricos at GF.

We've been Disney many times both on and off the dining plan. I have to say, I have never been thrilled with the food. I think my favorites have been the Coral Reef, CRT, and Akerhaus. Mostly for the theming.
We arrive at the Yaht club 10/6. We have Flying fish, Yahtsman, Hollywood Brown Derby&Garden Grill.
I'm debating ditching Flying fish for something in Epcot. Biergarten?
We have no ADR for our first big day in MGK which has me a bit concerned. I was hoping something would become available.
Thoughts? What do you really love?
Obviously people like different things. Disney offers a fair few different options, but also offers a lot of generic stuff, so, if you are not into the generic stuff, you have to search out the different stuff.
Monorail resorts for a MK day are a good idea, The wave is nice. As a family we like O'hana, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

We have high standards because we have such excellent restaurants where we live. We like Boma, Jiko's, Yak and Yeti, Rose and Crown, and Marakesh. Biergarten was fun but the food wasn't very good,

We have high standards because we have such excellent restaurants where we live.
Same here. But part of why I love vacationing anywhere is to try new food/restaurants.

During our vacation last month, I'd say that the meals we had were split--half good, and half bad. Which is fine. I at least got to finally try the steak at BOG (too fatty, but delicious) and the gray stuff (brownie hard as a rock), as well as enjoy the restaurant's atmosphere. And find out that Tusker House's dinner buffet, T-Rex, and Coral Reef are not for us. On the flip side, my kids begged to eat at Crystal Palace and Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, and while I remember both being mediocre, I found them to be two of the best meals we had the entire vacation. So it's good to keep an open mind and be willing to give places a second chance. With that being said, my favorites change all the time...LeCellier was pretty good, as is Kona Cafe and 'Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter