If you did Moonlight magic at AK last year

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are staying on site so will hopefully be able to snag the moonlight magic that is taking place at AK.

We are trying to plot out our regular day at AK and I am wondering if you attended the event, how were the wait times for the attractions?

Just looking at what was open for last year we would probably like to hit the Safari, Navi River, Everest (probably a couple times) Dinosaur and rivers of light. We will likely want to do a few character meets too.

Once the party officially begins should we expect pretty much walk on to maybe 10 minute waits or were there actually longer waits?

Being able to do these rides hopefully at the party will lighten our touring plans for our day at AK, but at least one member of our party will likely have to head back with DD4 as she will certainly not last until 1am. So we want to accomplish as much as we can earlier during the party.

I can't remember exactly the wait times but I do remember that Flight of Passage was 15 minutes at 11:45. I know this for sure as my daughter turned 15 at midnight and we all sang happy birthday to her right before the banshee took off. I wasn't riding and the guy held the ride for 1 minutes until it switched to midnight so we could sing happy birthday to her and then I walked out as I do not ride it. We did a few character greets and did the free carnival games and the dance party. It was a lot of fun.

I was there in September. Wait times were long in the beginning. At the end of the night fop was almost a walk on and the river ride was a walk on.im thinking about a hour for fop and 30 minutes for the river ride at the start of the event.so enjoy other things than come back later fo less of a wait.

We didn't stay for the whole time. But I believe at about 11pm my husband and son rode FOP with about a 20 minute wait. If I didn't have three younger kids who were miserably exhausted, they would have happily kept jumping back into line to ride it again and again!

Navi river journey was a walk on most of the evening. I enjoyed it a couple of times and then began using it as relief from the 800 degrees and 120% humidity that never seemed to let up. Everest was a walkon too, and I rode that a few times. All in all it was fun, and I appreciated the complimentary hot dogs and chips. If I recall, the ice cream bars were only at the Starbucks (just like in real Africa ;) j/k)

Most rides were a walk on. FOP had a longer wait in the beginning (I don't remember what), but later in the night I rode it twice and waited around 40 minutes each time.

How were the waits for the character meet and greets?
In some cases they were longer then the wait times for the rides. We waited 45 mins or more for Scrooge and Launchpad. The line for Russel and Doug was also pretty long. Your best bet is to pick one or two character spots and stick with them. You could spend your whole night trying to see them all.

In some cases they were longer then the wait times for the rides. We waited 45 mins or more for Scrooge and Launchpad. The line for Russel and Doug was also pretty long. Your best bet is to pick one or two character spots and stick with them. You could spend your whole night trying to see them all.

Thanks! 45 minutes might be more than DH is willing to wait in line.

dvc-moonlight-madness-02.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-15_10-0-56.jpeg
    upload_2018-2-15_10-0-56.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 5
ASD-09-06-2017+-+7.jpg

Cool light up mugs they gave out last year. We didn't attend but watched a few videos of the event. My husband is so hoping they still are doing this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter