If you could get paid what you are now or your best pay but doing the first job you ever did , would you?

My first real job was for work study in college, I helped in the records office. If they didn't have anything for me to do I could work on homework or do sudoku (this was pre-smartphone, now I'd be playing games on that). It was great. No stress, no pressure. Just filing and occasional shredding.
So yes, I would 100% do that for engineering pay.

Absolutely! I worked for my parents in their business. They wouldn't let me buy it because they said I made too much working for the company I got hired at out of college. I'm still at that company, 22 years later. I would do anything to work with them again!!!

My first job was babysitting, and my highest-paying was corporate banking. You bet I'd play with kids for the banking money!

In a heartbeat! My first job was Kongfrontation at Universal. If the ride still existed, and I could make what I currently make, it would be worth moving back to Florida. Most fun I have EVER had at a job.

I would keep doing what I do now. My first job was wait staff in an assisted living center's restaurant. Sometimes rewarding and sometimes really really not.

I don't remember exactly what my first job was but if it paid this much (including benefits, flexibility and security), I'd be out of here in a heartbeat.

It wouldn't be my first choice, but I could do it, IF I could have other coworkers that would be pleasant and capable to work with. I guess that's not guaranteed in any job though. I worked at a Dairy Queen. The basics of the job were fine and giving people ice cream is always fun. There could be worse things than a lifetime at the Dairy Queen.

I'm mostly retired, but if I had to pick between going back to full time teaching and going back to the DQ (and the money was the same like mentioned above) I'd honestly probably pick the DQ now. Teaching was fulfilling, but so HARD. DQ wasn't either of those things.

Babysitting? Nope
Librarian’s aide? Easy yes. Slow, safe, stress-free, well-lit, with loads of interesting books.
Funny, my mom always said she’d have preferred to have been a librarian, too. Must be genetic.

Fast food workers will soon make nearly as much as I do, in California. For some weird reason the governor thinks fast food workers should make $22/hr. Not sure what makes them so special that they are getting a special minimum wage but not other industries. There are county jobs that the union negotiated start wage is UNDER minimum wage, due to continued increases in minimum wage but not other wages. Of course they can’t pay that but still.

I don’t think my body would allow me to be on my feet 8 hours a day, cleaning the lobby and doing salad bar prep (for a salad bar that doesn’t exist anymore). So no. I’ll stick with my current job.

deliver about 30 newspapers a day for my best pay ever. Yup. And even better, my route was an afternoon route during the week, so I only need to get up early two days a week. Sign me up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter