• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could CLOSE one resort, which would it be?

My top 3 or bottom 3. Contemporary(ugliest resort there), Swan and Dolphin(needs major renovation), Pop(needs major renovation)

New to the boards! Love Love Fort Wilderness! Returnign for our second stay in just a couple of months!

I know this post is older, but my goodness it hurts my heart to see some people wanting to close POR! It's my favoooriteeeee!!! :love:

I think the obvious answer to this question would have to be a value resort, because all the other resorts are just so beautiful and luxurious. And out of the value resorts, i'd have to go with All Star Music. I've never been a fan for some reason. I've stayed at All Star Sports and All Star Movies multiple times, but never All Star Music. It just lacks something. Considering it's music themed, you'd figure they could do a lot. But they put more emphasis on instruments, and props of music, not so much music itself. And the few times I've walked around the resort, the scenery did nothing for me. It was very blah, with random areas of trees and overgrown plants. Just not appealing at all. And I don't like the layout of the resort compared to All Star Sports and Movies. All Star Music is just too long. But that's just my opinion.

I can't pick one to close, every resort is dear to someone for whatever reasons they like and I think Disney manages to hit a wide range.

But I wanted to come to the defense of the Swolphin. It's really a nice place to stay, the service is great, and the restaurants are seriously fantastic!! I can understand not liking the aesthetic as part of the NE Disney hotels across the way, but I find the design playful and fun and do like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter